About the PS5...

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by 3VOLVE, Nov 16, 2018.

1. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

You don't pay for online on PC. It is cheaper undoubtedly for anyone playing multiplayer games. That's a fact.

SONY likes this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

^ But aren't there monthly online play subscriptions for some games?

3. 3VOLVE

Sure but you don't pay for online. We aren't really talking subscription services in-game, but for the Network Systems for First-Party Hardware. PC doesn't have that. It isn't required to play online for most games.

TheAtom likes this.
  4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

And any game that monthly subscription fees usually has those same fees if you'd play them on a console.

If multiplayer's your thing, then PC is a little cheaper for sure. If on the other hand you sometimes play multiplayer, but also enjoy single player a lot (as I do), then I'm inclined to think console is cheaper.

There's also the fact that the physical PC market is dead...

5. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Same goes for consoles like PS4 (or Xbox One) to be honest, you buy a physical game but it installs the whole game on you drive and the dics is nothing more than a proof of having a legit copy of the game.

And no, having it physical doesn't always mean it's better a lot of PS4 and Xbox One lack patches, sometimes even patches that fix a lot of the game and in some cases they lack the game, like the Spyro Trilogy that has 1 of the 3 games on dics and the other 2 are a download.

PS5 (and the new Xbox) will probably end up like PC, digital only and there is not much wrong with that because in essence a lot of current PS4 and Xbox One physical games are already useless for so many reasons and lack of important patches is 1 of them.

Same goes for some Vita games, but luckily the amount of Vita games that need a patch that's not on the cartridge is small.

I hate 99% of the multiplayer games so I don't really care about multiplayer in them, plus even while I game on PC for years I know console gaming can be cheaper than PC depending on circumstances (it's rare but not impossible).

TheAtom likes this.
  6. TheAtom

Pffft... you're probably right about that. Xbox is already coming with a budget digital-only console, right?

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

That's a rumor if not mistaken.

8. TheAtom

Ah my bad. It seemed very likely to me when I heard so I must've categorized it wrongly :D

9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

The rumour will become a reality next year, you can quote me on that or mark my words.

10. 3VOLVE

Well that's just a matter of taste. We are speaking about gamers that play both offline and online. The majority.

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

You talking to me?

12. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I think the PS5 will be wonderful, upgrade when you are ready of course.

13. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

I'm about to buy a PS4... but now wondering if I should just stay put if the PS5 is just around the corner. However, really, REALLY wanting to play Sekiro. Shinobido and Tenchu are among my fav games ever, as is Dark Souls 1 & 3. This is basically an accumilation of the lot of them! And I have a few other PS4 titles I've picked up physically.

It probably will be next year. I don't think they can wait much longer as the Switch is really gathering steam.