Adding Funds Problem

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by Terramax, May 23, 2017.

1. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has encounted this problem.

For some reason, the Vita PSN shop has stopped accepting my credit card for buying games.

So, I went to the main EU site and manually added £5.00. A message popped up saying I successfully added £5.00, but my wallet funds still say £0.00!

This is despite receiving an auto-email from Sony saying I successfully added the money.

1.) Has anyone encountered this issue and, if so, did they find a way to get around it?

2.) I want to contact Sony but, them being the colossul morons that they are, only allow us to contact them via Twitter of all things. Some of us, like me, don't use Twitter.

I also clicked a 'contact us' button at some point on the EU website, but it then too me to a page stating the page I was looking for couldn't be found...

Therefore, does anyone know of an alternative way to contact them i.e. email, live chat, etc?

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Log out and log in again, had the same problem once and that did help me.

Also try to restart your Vita.

3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

One time I had attempted to use an expired credit card to buy a game on PSN, and that somehow triggered an anti fraud mechanism which banned me from attempting to buy anything else on PSN for a week or two. Even if I tried to pay with a different payment method it still wouldn't take my money until the 1 or 2 week cooldown was over.

4. Terramax

I tried the former already. That didn't work.

It could be the latter however as I've recently added a new card after my previous one expired some weeks back.

However, it doesn't explain how they've supposedly collected the money from me but kept my wallet at zero.

Still not able to find a way to contact Sony via email / online.

5. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I do know that sometimes with a CC the wallet won't adjust and show the new funds until the payment clears. I've had issues the in the past too. But once I started using PayPal to add the funds it eliminated all possible issues and the money shows up immediately.

6. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  7. Terramax

Thank you les for that. I've used both of those methods in the hope that I'll get a response.

I tried adding funds via paypal but, again, it said my card was accepted (both my credit AND debit card associated with the paypal account).

When I try to add funds via the actual Vita, it tells me in advance 'Paypal canot be used.'

This is really strange behavior. I know Sony want to cut down on crime since they've been hacked into a number of times, but this is ridiculous. I tried downloading games a month ago and it's strange that even now they're blocking me.

I'm just hoping, as Dank has suggested, the £5.00 I added via my credit card yesterday will clear at some point in the next few days, and then the funds will appear then.

EDIT: Well, I got an email from Sony but, as polite as they were, they were just full of crap. Just the usual 'make sure you're card details are input correctly', etc.

In the end I've resorted to simply buying vouchers through Amazon. I guess I'll have to resort to this method in future, unless things moraculously clear up.

In any case, thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: May 24, 2017