Alert PlayAsia!!! Placing an order doesn't guarantee a copy

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Sundance, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

I placed an order for two games at once 1.Rainbow Skies 2.One more dungeon
    Since rainbow skies was a pre-order both games were supposed to ship together after rainbow skies release date. Turns out playasia slyly removed one more dungeon from my order(has not even received a refund which I don't want I want the item I ordered) without my consent and now they are telling me that the game is sold out and they can do nothing about it!!! This is what an order page looks like for now vs for when I placed an order.Now if I want a copy I have to turn to scalpers on ebay and potentially pay more than twice the amount to get it. Thanks playasia I will never buy from you ever again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

That is not cool. It's a shame because PA support can be excellent at times. Luckily I have a spare sealed Dungeon sitting looking at me :)

3. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

I can’t back you up on PA support being excellent, they were abysmal when I used them and I just gave up trying to get my tax back when they split my order. I’m going to be really careful doing orders from them in future and if I can order elsewhere, I will.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I have only had to deal with minor issues, but always found their support incredibly friendly and helpful.

This completely sucks though!

Retro8bit likes this.
  5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Yikes. :(

I've heard of this happening before when people preorder games with different release dates.

6. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Glad I separated out my bullet girls order now even though it’s caused me loads of problems

7. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I had issue with Play-asia last year; bought Dead Or Alive Extreme Venus limited edition Vita, the game didn't work, emailed them, had to send numerous youtube videos of the game not working, removing and reinserting the card, inserting a different game card (to prove it wasn't the Vita), they then agreed for me to return the game only, once returned they refunded my postage costs and then asked me to pay for the game plus shipping again, it took about 4 emails before they finally shipped out the replacement.

8. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's happened to me before. Not only with an order with multiple games like you, but also an order with a single game on it. They routinely over sell things and they don't hold copies for orders already placed. If your complete order is not ready to ship at once, they will sell things they have set aside for you. I had an order with two games on it, released about a week apart. By the time the second was ready to ship, first game was sold out. Then vice versa and I had to get a refund and order them separately. Then I placed an order for a PS4 game that got oversold, they canceled my order, then put "extra" copies up for sale. I still order from them because sometimes its the best/only choice but its a gamble. If it wasn't for some awesome people here I wouldn't have a few gems.

9. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Let's hope I'm more lucky, I ordered Rainbow Skies + Unepic and Yo-kai Watch 2 (which was the last copy available)

10. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I wonder what ever happened to their supposed policy of keeping reserve copies on hand for games that are lost in the mail/ect. Play Asia sure could use some stiff competition for sure.

DojoDan likes this.
  11. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I have had only one small issue arise with them. Once an order of mine ended up being out of stock. Their costumer service was fast and friendly to fix the situation and offer me a credit or full refund. So my past experience has been very positive. That being said however I have had others warn me about mixing pre-orders with current game releases from Play-Asia, never understood why though. I guess this is the why.