Anime Discussion (All Things Anime)!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Techup, May 21, 2014.

1. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

This is a thread for all things anime!! Want to discuss anime? Looking for advice on something to watch? Want to see what other people are watching? Than you've come to the right place!

I'll go ahead and start us off.

Though my personal standards for what constitutes a good, or decent anime, aren't the highest, I feel there are a lot of good animes right now. Here are my top 5 that I'm currently watching.

-No Game No Life
    -Hunter x Hunter
    -Nisekoi
    -Sidonia no Kishi
    -Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

It's honestly hard for me to list a top 5 personally though, just because I have so many different tastes and there are a lot of good animes right now.

Anyways, that's just my little introduction to what I'm currently up to with anime.

What is everyone else watching or possibly looking forward to in the future (Attack on Titan season 2 anyone?)?

TVL Top 5 Anime 2014

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Kyle likes this.
  2. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Attack on Titan season 2 and Sword Art Online season 2 are tops on my "what I'm waiting for list" - can't wait for either of them to come back (I could spontaneously combust, I'm so excited).

3. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I'm also really excited about Sword of Art Online 2. Once I realized that was announced for this summer, I was crazy excited because I loved Sword Art Online.

Another one that is worth noting is Persona 4 Golden: The Animation, that Atlus announced not too long ago. It's supposed to be an anime adaptation of Persona 4 Golden, most notably adding Marie's inclusion into the storyline, which the original Persona 4 anime did not have.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/0...tion-announced-to-air-in-july-trailer-inside/

Otherwise, there are some anime that I love rewatching, especially Ah! My Goddess, Negima!?, Shuffle, Ultramaiden UFO Valkyrie, and a lot of others.

MrAlsVita likes this.
  4. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

SAO II is actually scheduled for some time in July I believe, so it isn't too far off, assuming that date is correct or doesn't get pushed back.

5. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I have really bizarre tastes.

Some of my favourites are:

Mushishi - Really stoked that it's getting more seasons after ELEVEN YEARS!
    Tatami Galaxy - This one is weird but clever.
    Shiki - Normally I don't like vampires... but I liked this one a lot, especially toward the end.
    Usagi Drop - I don't have any idea why I like this. I just do.
    Kara no Kyoukai - Well, this is a series of movies. The first 4 are fantastic, 5 and 6 aren't great and 7 is good.

I also like basically anything put out by Shaft.

There is a distinct lack of action in a lot of what I like best, but I also enjoy Ghost in the Shell, Jormungand, Bacanno! and Durarara! a lot, along with a great many other titles. I've seen my fair share of comedies as well.

I'm currently watching nothing; waiting for Mushishi to be finished so I can binge. I'm looking forward to the new entries to the Monogatari series, as well as the next season of Durarara!

Hayase likes this.
  6. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    I watch a lot of Sport anime so I will advise anyone to watch the ones I'm currently invested in if interested.

For the newer sports anime I'd advise Kuroko no Basket, Diamond no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal, Haikyuu!, and Yowamushi Pedal.

For the older animes Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis and Hajime no Ippo are also great.

7. Papertale

Papertale Member

You should try One Outs. It's the first sport anime I actually got hooked on to and the protagonist is so badass. Check out some reviews I'm sure you'll like it.

8. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I just seen a link for a Persona 3 movie. If you want the link, pm me and I'll give the you website. Not sure about posting free anime stream websites on here :D

Anyways, new No Game No Life episode is out! Yeeeee. Time to go find an HD link.

Trent likes this.
  9. admiraledgeworth

admiraledgeworth Active Member

Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop Bebop.

Also how much new content will be in the Golden anime? I'm assuming they'll reuse a hefty amount from the original anime because Golden didn't add a whole lot of substance to the original plot. They can't make it from a different view point can they? Anyway, pools betting spread, I'm going for 20% new content.

10. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Golden anime is just a Cash in, nothing more

11. RTRSPCT

RTRSPCT Well-Known Member

Wasn't it made by a different studio? Also, wouldn't it be great if they used one of the game's other scenarios?

I don't look at it as a cash-in, but rather as a "thank you" to the fans.

12. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

The previous movies were all animated by AIC I believe. The Golden is being animated by A-1 Pictures, who also did the 26 episode series from 2008.

13. admiraledgeworth

admiraledgeworth Active Member

I've looked around for an episode count but I couldn't find one. If it's 52 episodes they could go into much greater depth than the original anime, if it's just 26 again then what's the point? They skimmed on a ton of stuff in the original anime, and with the Golden stuff it'll be even more rushed and haphazardly paced than their first attempt.

14. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    As far as we know so far, it's going to be a retelling of Persona 4: The Animation, but is set to include the events that involve Marie. I would be willing to bet it will also feature the Golden Ending.

I am excited about it, regardless of whether it's a cash in. The Persona 4 anime was great, and I'm sure P4GA will also be great.

15. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

I would watch the Persona movies but, I still need to get through the game :p

Just finished Inuyasha The Final Act, the original used to be my faaavorite anime during its run glad to finally see it's ending. :) This does however leave some plot holes for the movies although I guess they'd just be non canon... One of the things I'd like to try out in Toukiden is see if I can recreate any of the demon clan in the game, Sango may be out since there's no giant demon boomerang although if there's a regular katana it could probably work out... Kohaku's weapon is there tho' so there's that.... oh and Hakudoshi could probably be done, not sure if there's any white kimono's tho....

Think my next anime will be the Fate / Stay (?) one that just popped up on Netflix a while ago. Tried Attack on Titan but I didn't like it :/ looking forward to SAO 2 tho, hopefully it's more like the first half then the latter.

16. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

@Silent Angel Just so you're aware with the Fate series, Fate/Zero and Fate/Zero 2 (which is just the second half of the first one) are prequels to Fate/Stay Night. Fate/Zero is much more mature, (I think it's way better) but it has significant spoilers for Fate/Stay Night. Fate/Zero is the one that just popped up on Netflix I believe, so you might want to watch Fate/Stay first - though personally I don't think you're missing much if you skip it.

Silent Angel likes this.
  17. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

I got confused a bit with the different titles haha. I'm okay with that, think I'll just watch night after the 2nd if they're just prequels ;) thanks for the heads up tho.

18. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching Sidonia no Kishi? I really can't stand that Kunato guy. I hope his ass gets busted. Next episode should be good.

19. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    Sure will check it out.

20. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a funny anime to watch, you should check out Golden Boy.

It's perverted humor most of the time, but my god... I've never laughed so hard while watching an anime. The first episode is really good and probably the best, but they're all pretty good.

Definitely my favorite comedy anime.

21. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

sure it will look better, but the changes in golden dont justify a new anime, most changes where either gameplay or secondary stuff, nothing really changed story wise.

22. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

I am watching Nisekoi, No Game No Life and Black Bullet.

Kurisutina likes this.
  23. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    I'm watching JoJo as it airs, and I have about 200gb of backlog to watch.
    Last show I finished was Non Non Biyori, that is one amazing anime.

24. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I just found out that the last episode of Nisekoi was today. I hate when they do that... 20 episodes... I was expecting 4 more episodes.

Oh well, /sadface

25. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Im pretty new to watching anime. So far the ones I like are Full metal alchemist, naruto, sword art online (my favorite) , and pokemon.