Anime Discussion (All Things Anime)!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Techup, May 21, 2014.

1. strippedpixel

strippedpixel Member

Good lord man, I wish I had evenings that long. :(

2. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Ah yeah... it helps that my schedule is ridiculous. My 'evenings' are from 8am to 2pm - when most of the world is at work. My nights off work also leave me with nothing to do from 9pm all through the night. Night shifts are a wonderful thing...

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

Anyone watched Maison Ikkoku before ?

4. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Yeh those are the shows that I try to pick up and watch since I can blitz through pretty quickly, or at least make good progress if I watch 1/2 episodes every day during my commutes. I have Gundam-san (wacky comedy), Barakamon and Shirobako to watch that are on the shorter side.

I have the two lengthier series ongoing at the moment. I think I should be able to get through Hunter X Hunter soon since it finishes at 148, and I'm on something like episode 120. Ace of Diamond is ongoing right now but am enjoying it so decided to stick with it.

5. Alpasar

Alpasar Member

Who watch kuroko no basket? Its awesome this season! I reccommend it to anyone who like basketball:cool:

6. agentyork

agentyork Active Member

i tried but its sooo detached from actual basketball, i couldn't get into it.

7. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Currently mainly watching Barakamon, which has been pretty enjoyable so far. Only a handful of episodes in, and it's a short series - maybe 12 episodes?

Curtis likes this.
  8. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

That's one of my favourites of last year - the site I use puts it in the top 1% (from viewer scores) and I have to agree.

9. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

To be honest I wasn't expecting much at the beginning, was quite sceptical that it'll be a bit boring. But since I started watching it, I've really been enjoying it. Has a good amount of light humour to it. :)

10. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I read a description of it before it aired and I knew I'd love it right away; shows like this are right up my alley. Slow pacing never really bothers me, and I like how it lets you focus on the characters. Even in plot/drama/action heavy shows my favourite episodes are usually the ones that devote most of their time to character development - you know, the episodes most people don't like or skip when they re-watch a series.

Stryfe likes this.
  11. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

I actually appreciate character development and good story, a whole lot more than episodes full of action. A series like Genshiken is probably one of my favourites even though it's fairly slow paced compared to a lot of other series, simply because it takes its time with each of the characters. If I remember right, the second series wasn't as great though.

12. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Just watched Kimi no Iru Machi. Never before have I hated a main character so much....

I enjoyed it for the most part, but it was so frustrating at times that I was kind of glad when I finished it lol.

13. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

Just started to watch Clannad. Preparing for the feels..... :(

14. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Uguu~

15. benna

benna Well-Known Member

Ive always wanted to see a grown man, who owns every vita and 3ds game ever made, cry...

VietLe and MrAlsVita like this.
  16. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Just start to watch Love Hina and Durarara again.

I prefers Love Hina as a manga more than this anime. Durarara is always badass lol.

17. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

IIIZAAYAAA! *throws vending machine*

18. MrAlsVita

I finished Love Hina over a month ago. Good one!

Stryfe likes this.
  19. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Finished Barakamon and really enjoyed the series.

Probably will concentrate on either Ace of Diamond or Hunter X Hunter - or both.

20. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I've finished off a ton of anime (some old, some new) so it's time for some brief thoughts;
    • Absolute Duo - What seemed to me like a generic harem action title, right up to the roles of the women. Was enjoyable to pass the time with, but nothing to write home about.
    • Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls - This one was pretty good I thought, and I really enjoyed the art style. A story about a Japan at war with a great evil and one man who has the power to "activate" samurai masters with a kiss, this one's filled with excellent action, boobies, and lots of laughs.
    • Manyuu Hikenchou - In a time when big breasts mean more power, one exceptional female samurai with a breast-stealing sword technique steals a scroll filled with breast-growing techniques and looks to flip the world's views on their head. Extremely sexual, but also quite funny and enjoyable.
    • Shigatsu wo Kimi no Uso - The tamest anime I watched as of recent, focusing on a pianist who no longer plays after a certain tragedy befalls his main driving force. Just when he thinks he's the furthest from touching a piano, one girl with a personality lit afire with life looks to put him back in the melody. A great anime, even if I saw the end coming.
    • Shinmai Maou no Testament - A pretty generic anime about a hero who adds a demon lord's daughter and a succubus to his family, and vows to protect them from all comers. Also a bit lewd, and that's probably the only reason I kept watching.
    • Tokyo Ghoul: Root A - That ending was BULLSHIT, but the rest of the season was a fantastic continuance of the first. If you're looking for a beautiful anime with tons of action and heart, this is it - but beware of that final episode or you'll be sorry!

21. MrAlsVita

I am going to watch Senran Kagura again. :D :)

I thought it was going to be silly with fan service up the poop shoot, but it was really good! I hope there is a second season considering the games are doing very well.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Kyle likes this.
  22. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I actually quite enjoy that ending right up to the part where Arima faces Kaneki. After that is just bullshit lol.

Based on your description, I might try Samurai girls after I've finished Haikyuu.

23. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Is it possible to post the genre for each of the anime? I usually like watching light-hearted comedy series, but can't always tell by the description if that's what an anime is or not.

24. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Not a single one of those is a light-hearted comedy anime, that stuff's too soft for me usually. :p

25. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Lol, fair enough. I reckon I enjoy those series since they're easier to watch casually.