Anime Discussion (All Things Anime)!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Techup, May 21, 2014.

1. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Recommendations in the form of blank cheques always get Mushi-shi from me. I like a lot of weird stuff though, so feel free to ignore my suggestions if you find our tastes don't align much.

2. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Now those are the good 'ol days! I need to re-watch that and Cowboy Bebop at some point, awesome anime!

Recently started Sword Art Online - relatively short series rather than jump into One Piece. Also available to watch on UK Crunchyroll, whereas One Piece isn't. :(

3. Lauriferous

Lauriferous Member

Trigun..that was a good show. Very nostalgic.

Thanks, gonna add it to my watch list. I've heard lots of good things about this one.

Thanks for the recommendation. Mushi-shi looks good..kind of reminds me of Kino's Journey regarding atmosphere. Looks promising!

SONY likes this.
  4. Zynthia

Zynthia Member

I recently finished Death Parade, and it was pretty great.
    Parasyte -the maxim- is cool too.
    These aren't really recent, but I also recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Mawaru Penguindrum. Mawaru Penguindrum is pretty confusing because of all the symbolism, but I really like it.

Lauriferous likes this.
  5. Lauriferous

Lauriferous Member

Hey, thanks a lot, Zynthia. I'll be adding these titles to my watch list too. Mawaru Penguindrum is from the director of Utena, isn't it? I'm guessing there's a whole lot of crazy going on in that show. :D

6. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

What?! No monster musume?! I thought for sure you'd be watching that one. I guess I'm the only one who enjoys the over the top smexy monster gurlz.

7. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Yeah it's the same director. If you like the crazy stuff plus calm stuff like Kino's Journey, we've probably got a lot of common ground - but I shall resist the temptation to bombard you with titles.

Lauriferous likes this.
  8. Lauriferous

Lauriferous Member

Yeah, seems like it! You can always send me a list via PM if you've got some more titles to recommend.

9. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Is anyone else enjoying the hell out of Noragami season 2?

It prompted my avatar change, even. :)

10. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I haven't actually started watching it yet tbh. Really enjoyed season one though. I'll probably pick it up in the next couple weeks and marathon through it.

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Old school, I know...but Rurouni Kenshin FTW!! :D

Jabyar likes this.
  12. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten Noragami was airing a second season, I liked the first one. I barely remember anything about it though, I might have to re-watch it (or part of it) before starting the sequel. Too many games have been coming out - I've a lot anime to catch up on.

13. Jabyar

Jabyar Well-Known Member

Love the anime. But specially the OVAS, they did an awesome job!

Didn't know there was a second season of Noragami. I finished the first one not a long ago, but I don't remember much about it :p

SONY likes this.
  14. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Thats been my issue lately. Ever since I got a ps4 I pretty much only watch a few animes, compared to the dozens id be watching before I had one lol.

I still wait anxiously every day of the week till Sunday for One Punch Man to pop up. Of the few that I'm watching right now, One Punch Man is by far the best. Shit is just so funny and the animation is really good.

15. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I dunno if this qualifies as anime but I don't care, it must be shared.

16. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Year of the Vita?! More like year of the anime baby!

Attack on Titan S2, The Seven Deadly Sins S2 and I even hear rumors about a season 3 of Magi.

Plus a bunch of other stuff that's been pretty good as well, of course.

Jabyar likes this.
  17. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I'm watching like eight anime this season, and they're all really different (unlike last season when I had two sets of very similar anime running). Year of the anime extends past the "season two yays" and into other shit too. :)

18. Jabyar

Jabyar Well-Known Member

I'n not watching much anime lately, but I really enjoyed Charlotte. ;)

19. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Wtf Space Dandy.... I feel like I should be on acid when I watch this shit...

20. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Bumping my own thread. I'm such a bad boi.

Anyways, what animes this year are all of you ladies and gents looking forward to the most?

For me it's probably Attack on Titan 2, Seven Deadly Sins 2 and the restarting on D - Gray Man. There are others I'm pumped for but these are ones I've been wanting a lot.

Which brings me to my next question. Which anime or animes would you most like to see a new season of? I'll list a few of the ones I'd like.

-One Punch Man S2
    -Kingdom S3
    -Log Horizon S3

These are a few of the ones I'd love to see happen. Probably Kingdom the most just because I enjoy watching Xin progress as a captain/general.

So friends, pals, buddys, guys. What animes would you most like to see a new season of?

21. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

A new season of Mushi-shi! I wish...

This season I'm not actually watching anything. What I'd like to see a new season of, is maybe Barakamon or Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, possibly a few others.

I really enjoyed Beautiful Bones from last season, but never before have I seen anything with such rife potential to either be absolutely terrific, or abysmally terrible. I guess I'll find out if they ever continue with it.

22. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I love me some Project A-ko!

23. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I don't really watch anime that much anymore after getting burned by several series just ending at a random point... (I did love Charlotte, however.)

And so I turned to manga, the vastly superior (IMO) art form. :cool: So... would this thread also encompass manga discussion? Any other manga lovers out there?

Jabyar likes this.
  24. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Ficta_Scriptor You could start a new thread if you really wanted, but I don't mind. Not surprisingly, my tastes are weird and I tend to like the low-key, peaceful stuff. Action in manga is more or less incomprehensible to me - I'm one of those people who has that thing they're calling Aphantasia for the time being, which probably has something to do with it. Manga's worse than books for that, and I usually have to work backward from the result to figure out what actually happened. Reading "this is what happened" is so much easier than trying to connect a series of visuals together where I'm supposed to be able to fill in the gaps myself. I still can't picture it, but I can understand it anyway. I do prefer Manga for most other situations (to books that is) since written imagery/descriptions/etc. are completely lost on me, and in Manga they just show you that stuff instead of writing it.

The thing I like most about it though is probably that Manga (and most other forms of comics) read like visually embellished scripts, with even more flexibility in information presentation.

25. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

If you want to make a manga thread go for it. I don't see any problem with it.

Tbh I started this season off watching pretty much everything. After a few weeks though some of it has started to bore me.

GATE season 2 and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar are my 2 favorites though. Ajin has been interesting. I'm not usually a fan of the cg or whatever they use for these types but it sort of grows on you, at least for me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016