Anime Discussion (All Things Anime)!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Techup, May 21, 2014.

1. DeVaughn

DeVaughn Member

I've been enjoying Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (You can plays as Mikazuki in the new Mobile Suit Gundam game being released later this month which has me freaking out).

I just moved on from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders a few weeks ago which has been awesome. And I can't wait for the next season of Shingeki no Kyojin (I had a lot of questions after last season).

And for what it's worth i'd frequent a manga thread if one existed.

2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

There's going to be a lot of good sequels this year. Attack on Titan is definitely one of them. Can't wait.

zodaex likes this.
  3. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

Given the responses, I'll start one up soon. :) I just need some actual free time to make an appropriate OP for the thread. (Currently working tons of overtime, specifically so I can buy more manga volumes!) :D

DeVaughn likes this.
  4. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

So I was looking for something to watch and decided to give Haikyuu a shot.... I watched the first season in one sitting lol...

From comments that I read I was under the impression it was some yaoi anime shit or something, but I was extremely surprised and pleased. Really a fun anime. Lots of likeable characters.

5. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

6. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
  7. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Well-Known Member

9. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've been finishing off Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Stardust Crusaders). Very happy with how this turned out, I've read the manga to the end and I was surprised that none of the chapters seemed to really get any censorship - especially Death XIII and Alessi. Glad I don't have long to wait for Diamond is Unbreakable to air, its even better than Stardust in terms of characters and battles.

10. DeVaughn

DeVaughn Member

In what format or where have you been watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? I've been watching it on Crunchyroll but they censor most scenes for gore and it kind of kills it for me.

11. shadowman

I've been watching the same streams. The only time the censoring became stupid was in the D'arby gambler episode where Jotaro was depicted smoking. As he's a minor they can't technically show him smoking, so they black out his lower jaw. It looks really dumb.
    I have to laugh at some of the naming though, as the crunchy roll subs change the names of several characters/stands. Really funny when you have character names like 'Steely Dan, Oingo & Boingo, Vanilla Ice' and the subs say something different (completely different in Oingo & Boingo's case!). I know its obviously down to copy write issues but it still makes me chuckle none the less.

DeVaughn likes this.
  12. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I had been wanting to check this series out for a while and shortly after reading a few posts in here about people watching it I decided to give it a go.

Started with the 2012 series as I read that this covers the older versions. I watched the first episode and... I dont know if I can watch anymore lol... I fucking hate Dio. Yes.. I absolutely hate this piece of trash. You know those characters that you just love to hate? Nope... he isn't one of them. I just absolutely hate him lol. I'll probably continue to watch in hopes that he gets ripped limb from limb or something but man I've never hated a character so much.

13. shadowman

Yeah, that's Dio all right the little scamp! I won't say anything regarding him as it'll only spoil things but I hope you enjoy the series. The first two chapters (that make up the first "season" are quite different to chapter 3 and up. Season 1 and 2 focuses on Hamon/Ripple powers for each character, while chapter 3 goes pretty damn crazy with "Stand" powers where every main character gets a really badass power/bodyguard that lets them pull off some crazy stuff.

Oh, but don't watch the series if you like dogs, as those poor animals get screwed over constantly in the series!

14. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Thats one thing I really don't like and mostly why I dislike Dio. Maybe it's a bit morbid, but when I see a human getting beat up or killed I'm just like "whatever" but when I see it happen to an animal I get seriously pissed.

15. shadowman

I've started watching Chapter 4 of Jojo now, and its fantastic. Its got a new animation look and style and it captures the look of the manga perfectly. And yet, somehow they managed to get even more cruel to dogs.

16. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I'm watching Gakuen Toshi Asterisk 2, Seisen Cerberus, Sousei no Onmyouji, and Netoge no Yome for sure, with Bungo Stray Dogs, Flying Witch, and Kiznaiver three I've started that I'm completely unsure of - even after 2 episodes. Lots of good bits in the ones I'm unsure of, but also lots of meh ones.

17. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I know man... ffs the one thing I hate about all of the Jojo animes is the shit they do to dogs. It makes it hard for me to watch.

I'm pretty much watching everything at this point. Kabaneri is easily my favorite though by far.

18. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

Anybody watching Ace Attorney? Anybody got any thoughts on how it compares to the DS games?

19. Detective Kaito

Detective Kaito Active Member

Anyone watching Danganronpa 3? If you want to watch it be sure to play all 3 Danganronpa games available on Vita, cause this anime contains a lot of spoilers for all these games.

shirokuro likes this.
  20. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Binge watching Angel Heart eps tonight. As I get older the same tired tropes, especially oblivious protagonist surrounded by harem in a sci-fi/fantasy setting, fail to hold my interest unless it has something extra that hooks me.

21. Detective Kaito

Detective Kaito Active Member

One Punch Man Season 2 announced.

[​IMG]

Miah likes this.
  22. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

Watching here! I can't wait for the last episode tomorrow and this Thursday :)

23. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Just saw this announced earlier. So pumped.

24. kingrain

kingrain Member

I just stared to watch mob psycho 100
    And finished ghost in the shell movie 1 and 2 and last week finished re:zero

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

25. bss

bss Well-Known Member

I've been watching PSYCHO-PASS recently, while playing the game. Still need to watch the Steins;Gate anime some time (I absolutely loved the game, not sure what to expect from the anime compared to it), and rewatch The World God Only Knows. Anyone know how No Game No Life is?