Anime Discussion (All Things Anime)!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Techup, May 21, 2014.

1. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

I have been watching To Love Ru seasons one and two. It's pretty raunchy! :D

2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Lol. You should watch Kiss x Sis then. Probably the only anime that I've watched and thought to myself "can't believe this is considered an anime and not some softcore hentai or some shit".

3. MrAlsVita

I have watched that. It puts a different take on brother/sister love doesn't it? :eek:

I am going to be watching Sword Art Online now since SAO II is coming out this summer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  4. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Anyone have any good "space" themed animes to recommend?

If so please recommend a good 4 or 5 if you can. I honestly watch so much anime it's sickening, so chances are I probably have already seen it.

Newer the better but if it has a good story/characters, I'll definitely watch it regardless of animation quality.

5. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Captain earth XD .

6. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Lol. Already watching it.

<3 Akari

7. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Galaxy express 999

8. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

That's a movie and not a series right?

I'll watch it here as soon as I finish up the series I'm currently on.

Thanks.

9. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

There is a series too as far as i know

10. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I found the series. 2 of my 3 usual websites didn't have the series listed. It also seems the one that does, doesn't have the complete series? Wiki is telling me the series is over 100 episodes, but this website only has 75 :S

Either way, I'll check it out.

11. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

pm ;)

12. MrAlsVita

[​IMG]
    :D

13. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Asobi ni Ikuyo *spelling*

Seen it :D

MrAlsVita and Kyle like this.
  14. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Sora wo Kakeru (Not the Best one) and irresponsible captain Taylor are good too

15. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I think I watched like 1 episode of Sora wo Kakeru and then just put it on the back burner. Haven't given it a second chance yet. Maybe I will here soon.

I'll check out the other one though.

16. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

there also would be
    crest of the stars (which is sometimes said to be the Star Wars of japan).
    (doesnt gives it justice through)

and tenchi muyou

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  17. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I'm so behind on my anime atm. There's probably 12+ episodes of different animes that I haven't watched since last Monday. Really need to catch back up on all the stuff I'm behind on.

18. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

@Techup I avoid falling behind in a series by only watching them when they're done; and binge-watching them. It works really well with my schedule since there is absolutely Nothing I can do on my nights off other than consume various media in solitude (that is, without completely altering my sleep cycle.) As a result though I stop watching anything I don't deem binge-worthy. This is perhaps the biggest reason I don't watch many longer shows; I watch a lot of shorter stuff. If I watched them one episode/week I probably wouldn't lose interest in certain shows and wouldn't end up dropping them.

Anyways, aside from Mushi-shi there wasn't much airing this season I was very interested in; I have strange tastes. Hopefully the new season lives up to its predecessor.

19. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    An anime topic with nobody hyped for Sailor Moon Crystal? Am I too old or something D=!? Nevermind the fact that it's getting the original redubbed and released on Blu-ray/DVD, including the seasons which didn't make it out of Japan. Let me just go ahead and attach the hype trailer:

20. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

@Kurisutina I remember Sailor Moon airing on YTV when I was a kid, and a few other anime for that matter. Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, I think Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball and Cardcaptors were there too - maybe more I've forgotten. I've got three older siblings though so I basically watched whatever they were watching - which was never Sailor Moon. I must have seen snippets from time to time because I do remember it a little - not enough for nostalgia goggles though.

None of my favourite cartoons as a kid were anime - but now all of my favourite animated shows/films are. Actually I think my favourite as a kid was based on a comic book from Argentina... this just dawned on me: I think I might be strange. =P

Kurisutina and Kyle like this.
  21. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Referring to Cyber Six eh? Great Canada-Japan co-production, I wish we had continued to do more. It's so nice to talk to Canadians, hearing YTV in a conversation is absolutely incredible to me. I like your older siblings, grew up watching great shows on there. Heck, I don't know this happened to your siblings but there was one point when YTV was just awful. I switched to Teletoon exclusively when they first became a channel. I mean Donkey Kong Country was a SHOW back then, by a CANADIAN studio. FREAKING AWESOME. Sorry for the off-topic tangent, had to remiss.

For me, anime has always been my thing. I owe Sailor Moon my interest in Japanese culture and just overall style as a creative individual, to it, so it's only natural I'm hyped. You guys have talked about some interesting series here so far though. No Game No Life is one of my favourites this season, for example but with Sailor Moon coming, summer's going to be epic.

Curtis likes this.
  22. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Oh i really forgot this thread, otherwise i would have posted the trailer minutes after i first saw it!
    I cant tell how much i am hyped for it.

Sailor Moon is MY DAMN CHILDHOOD after all. And give a S**t about all people who say thats an show for girls.
    Sailor Moon may even be considered the show that go me into animes, i collected every damn magazin that had live sized poster of them. I think i had Venus and Uranus completed. I even owned a few cd form an band caled Super Moonies who did most of the music for anime in germany, while i alway think to myself if to listen to most of them today something along the lines "Akward, just akward" i quite find myseld to listen to some of them even today.

Also one of my most beloved song today played in an scene of an Sailor Moon movie, and i dont know if i should be happy or kinda asshamed that i still know what they say in this scene.

(its german but i like the japanese version too, its just that this version is more nostalgic for me T_T)

Kurisutina likes this.
  23. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

So did anyone watch last weeks episode of Hunter x Hunter? Gon going super sayian was pretty awesome.

24. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I got crazy pumped at that whole scene, I was all "Yes! Epic over-powered annihilation!" - and it delivered. :D

25. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

It was such a great scene. I don't read the manga so it was totally unexpected for me. I want to see more of that Gon in the future. Would give my left testicle to watch him fight the king.