Anyone else have an embarrassingly huge backlog?

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by JoSoap, Oct 20, 2017.

1. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Thanks to the on-going affliction of acute adulthood, I have amassed quite the backlog. The following games are the ones I actually intend to play sometime.

Red dead redemption
    Project zero
    Shennue 2
    Persona 4
    Zelda note
    Zelda the skyward sword
    Child of Light
    Dragons Crown
    Final fantasy 8 9 and 10
    Resident evil 0
    Resident evil code veronica
    No more heroes 2
    Xenoblade chronicles x
    Uncharted the lost something?
    Metroid Prime 2 and 3
    The witcher 3 blood and wine
    The evil within 2
    BioShock infinite

Plus about 100 steam games I couldn't be bothered to list!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  2. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I've probably got around 300+ unplayed games at the moment across PS Vita, PS4, PSP, PS3, 3DS, DS, GBA/GB/GBC, XBox 360 & Neo Geo Pocket Colour. :oops::oops: And I'm considering buying a Switch later this year!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

My whole collection across platforms are games I've bought to play, but I'm bordering on 250 unplayed!

I think at some point you just give in and say sod it, I'll get around to them some time :)

4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Ahem... (raises her hand slowly in the air)

My backlog is just too big, except the Vita one I (mostly) forgot the ones on my other systems :oops:

DojoDan likes this.
  5. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

*raises hand*

I've got around 100/110 unplayed games across PS3, PS4, Vita and even Xbox 360, and I've got even more if we count the ones I started and haven't finished. Many of them are bought in sales or have been in offer and now I'm not that bothered to play them.

That number proves my mom's point that "you [me] buy too many games and then don't play them because you're always that damn ball game [Rocket League]" and well, she's right.

And now that I read manga, I've got a manga backlog too.

I probably have a problem...

DojoDan likes this.
  6. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I've probably got 50 in backlog which is rediculous because I've only got say 60 in my collection so I'm only playing 1 in 5 games in my collection.

I recon my backlog could keep me going five years, say 1 game a month.

This is what's principally holding me off buying a switch, although it's partly due to cost.

7. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I don't even know how I'm gonna finish all of my Vita games lol. I have more than a hundred Vita games in my backlog.

Roscoe Jones and DojoDan like this.
  8. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Me. I've got NES, Amiga, Master System, Game and Watch etc. titles that I need to finish one day. That's not counting all my Capcom titles and Vita backlog... So yeah, I won't be hurting for games anytime soon!

9. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Can it be considered a backlog when you have more to play than played. Between Vita, DS, 3DS, and PSP I have probably played maybe 300-400 of what I have and must have about 600 unplayed taking a guess.

DojoDan likes this.
  10. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

My backlog is phenomenally large, across 3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, Switch and PC.
    I keep chipping away at it though!

sean and DojoDan like this.
  11. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

Pretty much everything I have is in my backlog as either have not finished or have not completed all trophies. Only 1 game is completely completed. :( When I retire I hope that changes...

12. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

My Vita backlog is MASSIVE!!! Gosh it'll take me many years to complete them! I got a nice humble collection compared to a true collecters but i have enogh video games to last me til death.

13. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Yes! I imagine my games hating me for ignoring them LOL. I've got Persona 4, Kirby Mass Attack, Final Fantasy 13 pt. 2 (haven't played cause my 360 stop working), Little King's Story, DeBlob, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Power Stone 2, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime 3 (I know I know, my name Samus and I haven't finished this LOL I did actually, but I discovered there's a secret ending so going over it again to get secret ending), Metroid Prime Hunters DS (I got stuck long time ago and stopped :/ LOL), Tearaway, and many more LOL I've been good! I did finish a long RPG for Nintendo DS; I'm very proud of that :D Oh, I also finished Ni Nu Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch; that game was kind of long but worth it!!! I'm trying to not buy the latest Zelda :)

14. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Compared to most here I think I'm doing all right, honestly. For me, personally, it still feels like quite the backlog. I have 17 games in my backlog, and there's 7 that I started without having finished them.

I got the below lists by looking at this app I use for my collection called My Game Collection (very, very inventively named, indeed). This is a question for those with the 300+ lists: what do you guys use to keep track? It seems almost impossible!

I started:
    Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
    Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold (3DS)
    Neptunia Re;Birth 2 (Vita)
    Mass Effect (PS3)
    Tears to Tiara II (PS3)
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (PS3; I know they're two games, but I got the collection thing, so it's marked as one in my list... I finished Ico, haven't started SotC)
    Tokyo Mirrage Sessions (Wii U)

I am yet to start:
    1. A.W. Phoenix Festa (Vita; waiting on this one until I read the relevant part in the LN, just got Volume 2 so I think I might get there soon!)
    2. Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!! (Vita; those exclamation marks... well, I am holding off on playing fighting games because I don't have a lot of time, full-time job nowadays, and I'd rather play a story-centred game where I really feel like I have progress, rather than just this vague notion of 'getting better'...)
    3. Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (Vita)
    4. Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
    5. Earth Defense Force 2 (Vita)
    6. hToL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (came with my copy of Yomawari: Night Alone, which was SUPER awesomely made, but just WAY too stressful for an old geezer like me)
    7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (PS4; if you've actually read this list, kudos to you by the way (those may just be the first kudos I've ever given out! I could sign them, and maybe some day when I'm famous they'll be worth something!), this is indeed one of the few PS4 games I own. I do not (yet) own a PS4 so... yeah...)
    8. Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita; I'm actively playing Re;Birth 2 now, and after I'm done, I'll start this one! I think...)
    9. Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
    10. Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
    11. Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
    12. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (PS4)
    13. Persona 3 Portable (Vita, or well, that's what I'll play it on)
    14. Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4; PROBABLY, the first game I'll play on PS4... but it's a fight between my two favourite game franchises, really)
    15. SMT: Persona 1 (Vita; I actually have P2 on my 'on hold' list. The story's great, but the amount of annoying slow battles I need to go through to get to the next story section is just painful...)
    16. The World Ends With You (3DS)
    16. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (Vita)

15. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

ME too, just my Vita log alone will take me many years to play them to their fullest extent; wether or not the online feature is still up in the game.