Anyone play RPG & JRPGs

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Terry, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Terry

Terry New Member

Hello I'm new to the lounge . Just wanted to join and talk to more gamers like my self . Any big RPG or JRPG fans on here besides me I play and collect on PS3,PS4 and Nintendo New 3DS XL

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  2. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

You'll find plenty of us here. I play most kinds of RPGs, the only notable absences would be first-person dungeon crawlers and rogue-likes; they never really clicked with me.

It's a real problem though, when your back-catalogue is full of games that take 50+ hours and there's six more on the horizon that will take just as long. Sometimes I lament my own preferences.

3. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Hi Terry and welcome to TVL.
    I enjoy RPGs a lot more than to JRPGs, but then again these days what the hell is an RPG when ablot of action based games or genres seem to have a lot RPG elements in them.
    I always get told TLoZ is not an RPG :(
    Anyways... Fallout 4 FTW!!!

4. Terry

Terry New Member

When I look at all the games I have 90% of them are RPGs . Fallout is a must have but I play mostly on the 3ds they are a lot more JRPGs an RPGs on my handheld

SONY likes this.
  5. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I used to be all about the JRPGs but a combination of lack of time and a drastic decline in quality for the genre has made me play more and more other games. I still play plenty of both western and Japanese RPGs though but a lot less. I've also started going more retro when it comes to the Japanese ones.

6. Terry

Terry New Member

Yea I found myself picking up a lot of retro JRPGs too . I agree that they are not like how they used to be an I don't really have much time to play them like I want but when I do get to play its all I play cuz of the replay value

7. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the TVL forums Terry! JRPGs and RPGs for the win! Which ones are you currently playing on the Vita?

8. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of JRPGs. I play them on NGPC, DS, PSP, 3DS, Vita, Wii, GameCube and lots of emulated systems. Most of my gaming backlog is JRPGs.

9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Which emulated systems?

10. Terry

Terry New Member

I'm not playing any on the vita right now . I'm playing on my 3DS fire emblem , bravely default

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

3DS has too many awesome RPGs...it's not fair :(

12. Terry

Terry New Member

I fell I love with the 3DS real fast over the vita I had traded my vita in to get more 3ds games . I got the vita back from a guy I worked with who sold it to me for 70$ I only play it like 20 times . The 3ds is better all around for gaming to me an all the RPGs that stay coming out

SONY likes this.
  13. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

I just want Bravely Default on Vita :(

14. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I've been kind of "unlucky" with both Vita and 3DS JRPGs this gen in that very few are of the kind I like. They're all half farming/life sim, dungeon crawlers or ports of games I've already played. SMT IV was great though, Oreshika was unique enough to be awesome and Bravely Default and Tales of Hearts were decent, but apart from that, few have been very interesting at all.

15. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Goro

I guess you wouldn't be into Rune Factory, eh?

16. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Only played some Rune Factory 3 on the DS and I didn't like it that much. Heard RF4 on the 3DS is very similar so I haven't bought it. Feels like what makes the series stand out is farming and life sim elements and that's just not my cup of tea.

17. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I play all sorts of RPGs whether they're traditional JRPGs, ARPGs, SRPGs, WRPGs, dungeon crawlers... I've never played a roguelike, though. Probably should try one out at some point.

And yes, they are indeed a burden on a backlog. An enjoyable burden, though. :p

18. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel you, man. Farming is a lot of work when mixed with some RPG elements. You want to play the game without feeling like its a chore.

19. bloodraider132

bloodraider132 Well-Known Member

Picked up Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 3 weeks ago on PC.

Fcourse i modded the shit out of the game the 1st moment i got my hands on it :')
    For the last 3 weeks i have played NOTHING but that XD

Today picked up SAO:LS so ill be playing that and Dragon's Dogma this weekend.

[​IMG]
    Fcourse this includes graphical enhancements such as an ENB lighting and all the good stuff.

20. Terry

Terry New Member

Dragon dogma was great I love capcom they should remaster it . I picked Persona 4 dancing all night and persona Q . Looking to grab Saturday morning RPG next

21. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Yes, I'm an RPG fan :D I just started getting back to a Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy 10 pt. 2) game that I haven't played in a long time. I made some progress, but it took me a long time to get oriented with everything again-including what I accomplished, what I have to do and where I left off. I love FF! I almost made such a big mistake with saying the wrong thing to someone, with FF, the tiniest mistake could cost you BIG :eek: I almost lost a new job with new abilities/magic. Turns out I made the right choice by chance, phew-I still have a physical copy of my player's guide. By the way, I need some Real Emotion...

22. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Welcome! I'm (j)rpg fan since a kid. Currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and I own part 2 (special edition). I've noticed you didn't mention you own or play(ed) PS Vita hence the reason y most people joined the lounge here! Do u own a vita too? Or pstv or both?