Anyone still using a PS3

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Fanny Magnet, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I'm still using a PS3.

I use it the mainly CD's, I buy cheap CD's from musicmagpie and transfer them to my PS3 then store them digitally.

I also use it as a DVD/Blu Ray player.

I don't use it as much for games as I have my Vita for such things.

Don't have a PS4, didn't see the point as I use the PS3 mainly for CD's and I don't think the PS4 plays CD's, anyway sooner have a Switch.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm still using mine from time to time. Its got a great games catalogue (including several Yakuza games) plus a ton of great imports and digital titles.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Yup. Been going back and picking up a lot of titles I passed on back in the day, for really cheap prices.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Don't have a PS4 yet in part because I want to work through some of the better things I missed so far on the PS3. Playing Catherine now actually!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  5. shadowman

Catherine is an excellent game. When you get into that zen state and can effortlessly solve the puzzles it feels so satisfying!

6. TheAtom

It's really so much better than I expected!

Perhaps somewhat fitting for the game actually, but I play this with my wife next to me, and sometimes I really need her to help out haha

7. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Of course, I still have a lot of games that I have not yet finish/platinum. Some of the games are still sealed as well.

I been mising out a lot of great PS3 games but luckily their PS4 remakes have been coming out steadily. (PS3 copies are no longer available from my sources).

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  8. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I still use my PS3 a lot. KoF13, P4Arena, JoJo, Armored Core titles and I play a ton of PS1/Ps2 classics as well.

9. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

We still have one but it's mostly used for few games + PS1.

We have a PS1, but on PS3 you don't need a wired controller.

10. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I literally doubled my PS3 game collection today. After work I went to my favorite local taco shop, and while I was eating, the owner of the restaurant brought out a plastic grocery bag literally busting at the seams full of PS3 games. He said he recently moved, and found them in his new house. Score! Lots of the games I had never heard of before, but they're all rated M so there has to be some boobies to be found in here somewhere. :)

11. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I still play my PS3!!!:) Still trying to get through Dragon's Dogma-love the game but really long, Arisen :p P.S. I love casting those giant tornados LOL I'm actually still using many old consoles. I had someone convince me that it's worth playing old games because they're still fun to play! (I agree) Before I thought that I had to just focus on current gen consoles, but I'm glad that I include current gen with old school!!! There is a ton of games I want to get play for Wii, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance, Game Cube, PS2, PS1, and Dreamcast. I'm also looking into buying a PSP :D I've seen some PSP games that I want to play!
    Oh, they also re-release games from older consoles to current-gen consoles. I am not buying the newest Final Fantasy 12; I still have my old copy for PS2!!! Loooong time ago, I got half-way through pt. 12, and my memory card died on me. That damn card erased everything!!! This has never ever happened to me b4 LOL :mad:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  12. Retro8bit

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    What's your address Zods? I'm coming over to your house! :D

zodaex likes this.
  13. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

I haven't had mine hooked up in a while but it always makes an appearance from time to time

14. TheAtom

zodaex you lucky bastard! We all think that these things only happen to other people. Now you finally see it's not like that. It can happen to anyone! Or well, you. Which, for the rest of us, still counts as other people.

I'm curious what's in it though! If there's still stuff I should play before I get a ps4, it'll change everything again.

zodaex likes this.
  15. shadowman

Thankfully pretty much all the games I'm playing dodge this stuff. Well, bar season passes but I just wait and see what the actual content of the pass is - if its like Zelda or Nioh then I'll buy it as I'm always down for more awesome content. I'm more concerned that the MT's and loot boxes are pushing into single player stuff. I barely touch multiplayer bar Street Fighter (which I'm ok with the model Capcom have gone with), but more big games are doing this. Thankfully again its not stuff I'm really interested in, as my tastes tend to swerve closer to niche/Japanese/indie stuff and most of those at least release a complete game (well, Capcom push it sometimes but I still love them!)

16. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    I've been hooked on PvZ: Garden Warfare on PS3 for the past week! Can't seem to put it down.

17. TheAtom

I thought I saw that everywhere, but just to confirm: it has no couch multiplayer does it? Wanted to play that with my wife...

18. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Oooww I like armored core it's been awhile since I played. I think I played the first one

19. Linkx41

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    You can play play Garden Ops(Horde mode) local with up to 4 players, but all other modes are online only.

TheAtom likes this.
  20. TheAtom

I wonder if it's technical limitations then that kept them from restricting full-blown local multiplayer to PS4 if the PS3 can handle a 4-player co-op mode... Bummer though.

Also: playing Catherine together/against each other, is crazy fun.

21. Xorro

Xorro Member

I still have my PS3 and whilst I don't use it as much as my PS4 (or Vita) I don't want to part with it.

I've got a long backlog of games for the PS3 as well as some that I've not completed, or ones that I've only recently bought the DLC for after having achieved the platinum.

22. Linkx41

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    I stand corrected, only the PS4 version of PvZ: GW offers local co-op. Tried to play Garden Ops last night split-screen and couldn't. :(

23. TheAtom

Ah... Probably technical limitations then.

When did couch multiplayer go out of style though? So many games seem to lack this...

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  24. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Couch Co-op went out of style with the PS3 and Xbox 360. Dispite being relatively underpowered, the Wii had more local multiplayer games.

25. Retro8bit

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    In my opinion, online multiplayer is fun and all, but it'll never beat the feeling of local multiplayer. Getting together with some friends and pizza while trash talking eachother on the couch. Good times!