Arcade Distillery announces two upcoming physicals on Twitter.

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Tweeg, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Yesterday afternoon Luc Bernard, head of Arcade Distillery, dropped a nice surprise on Twitter revealing two of his company's games are soon to have limited physical releases on the Vita. Both Mecho Wars and War Theatre are set to have 2,000 copy production runs each, with price points of either $20 or $25 being contemplated presently. Dates for pre-orders have not yet been announced, nor has the website through which pre-oders will take place, though presently the lack of chatter concerning these titles from anyone outside of his company suggests they may be self-publishing this go around. Also possible that Play Asia's own East Asia Soft division may be the publisher, but again no one knows and Luc hasn't said one way or the other.

Luc had posted this tweet below late last month (September 24th), but it was mostly ignored as a purely conceptual consideration since no one was aware the game was literally in the works to get a physical release at that time.

Arcade Distillery's first two physical Vita titles, Plague Road and Mecho Tales, were both published by Limited Run Games. Their "third" (known) planned physical Vita release, still in development, is Skull Pirates. Skull Pirates was funded through KickStarter just earlier this year and will be published by East Asia Soft when completed, with remaining copies not pledged for through KickStarter to be sold through Play Asia.

Vita_Girl and TheAtom like this.
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Cool stuff!!

I gotta have a look into the games still, are they any good? The art for the cover and the book looks cool for starters. :D

3. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

OMG, this is amazing news as there previous releases are some of the most graphically technically gameplaying marvels !!! :)

ps I was using a sarcastic tone ;) :)

4. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Kinda frustrated he was doing all this talking but no mention of the when or where, puts me on edge

5. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Today:

6. Billybobbean

Yea saw that today, history has me on edge. We islanders don’t always get treated nicely as far as release info goes

7. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Barbarians, Romans, Normans, Saxons, vikings, Germans, dragons, Druids, Wal*Mart, popes, feral sheep, aliens, Amazon, the black knight, gnomes, and people that think "cookie" is a profession. Your island definitely attracts interesting sorts of problems, but information concerning these game releases is doubtful one.

8. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

9. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

But did anyone actually like there last releases , Plague Road and Mecha Tales ? I have a feeling these two new ones may be very similar, but you never know, i may be pleasantly surprised:)

10. sean

sean Well-Known Member

11. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I personally enjoyed the time I've put into Plague Road so far. It's fair to say that I probably haven't put in enough hours to get sick of it yet, however my initial impressions were positive.

12. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Macha Tales was average at best. Its not as broken as Tadeo Jones but it was profoundly boring and unoriginal.

13. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I tried them both on the Switch (because they are €1 each on the eshop almost all the time on sale) and to be honest I didn't like them.

For €2 (for both games) it is worth it, but for me they are not worth their full digital price let alone more than that (but opinions will differ per person, some will like the game(s) more)

14. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I demand Developer Editions! Support your developers!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 4:35 AM
  15. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Conscription links are up to be notified, and apparently AD is self-publishing these two games much to the dismay of LRG.

TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  16. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I love what LRG is doing, but man do they come off as sensitive pricks online... You just know there's layers of salt in that one tweet. As a business, I'd suggest doing these things in private messages more, but hey, to each their own.

Cool they're doing it themselves though! The games sadly do not really look interesting to me, so I'll be skipping out on them, but I'm sure there's an audience. :D

zodaex likes this.
  17. Billybobbean

The real problem with LRG acting like that is it causes their fans to do the same and worse. The amount of vitriol that gets thrown about on their discord for any competing company LRG doesn't publicly agree with is just silly, its like a cult.

I like LRG for the most part but Doug needs to be more political sometimes

18. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

*looks around nervously*

:confused::confused:

*realises that everyone's looking at me*

:oops::oops:

*shuffles away as quietly as possible*

:D

shirokuro and TheAtom like this.
  19. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, pre-orders have not started yet, they're still accepting registration for notification of when that fateful day arrives.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  20. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Mr Tornado and zodaex like this.
  21. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

There are not a lot of strategy games on the Vita so in that regard it looks interesting.
    But considering the output so far from Arcade Distillery, I don't expect anything amazing.