are these badly rated games any good

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by ozm8ey, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Member

There are a few games I want but have bad review and was wondering if they're playable and any good now.

- unit 13
    - borderlands 2
    - assassins creed liberation

2. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

Unit 13 is great imo. Borderlands 2 is a somewhat decent port but is probably better played on a home console. I found AC Liberation rather bad. Clunky controls made it very frustrating for me.

DankZaku likes this.
  3. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is a decent game, to which my only real complaints are "weird pacing" and "the lady persona is bullshit."

4. Gotrek Gurnisson

Gotrek Gurnisson Well-Known Member

I agree with Kyle on this one. Some mechanics are a bit on the bad side, but still the game is quite enjoyable if you don't set your expectations too high. I had fun with Liberation and it was definitely worth the sub e20 price tag.

Unit 13 can be picked up for a few euros/dollars and for that amount is definitely worth checking out (nothing fancy here, but the gunplay is decent).

Borderlands 2 is basically Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition with a scaled down graphics and occasional stutter here and there (not sure how it is after latest patches - I didn't play this one in a long while). It is a full package of Borderlands in your pocket though!

All in all I personally got my money worth out of those titles and enjoyed them. If you will browse around you can definitely get them for cheap.

5. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I've only got BL2 out of those 3 and at the time I really enjoyed it on the Vita. Then I got it on ps4 and enjoyed it infinitely more. Better graphics, smother gameplay and no issues with crashes or visual corruption.

If you have ps4 I'd recommend the handsome collection. If not, it still isn't a bad game for the Vita. It just takes up a lot of space from just dlc. If you go digital... it's gonna nom your mc space.

6. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Unit 13 is great. I hated it initially but tried it again a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Borderlands seemed ok as well, not a patch on the console version but its not as unplayable as some sites make it out to be, I had a fun time with it when I played it.

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I tried Unit 13 demo a while ago, it was OK but nothing more.

Borderlands 2 on PC is awesome so I guess the Vita version is that too, I heard from people that after the last update the game has better performance on the Vita.

AC: Liberation 3 is nice game but with heavy frame drops, I had a cart only in the past (lost it sadly).

How much frame drop? Look on YouTube on the Digital Foundry channel, sometimes the frames drop below 20 fps.

Nice game, horrible performance (some people say that the reason for that is that Ubisoft had one of the first and more powerful Vita dev kits, but that sounds like BS to me)

8. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I also liked Unit 13, a fun little shooter game.

9. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

Unit 13 is actually a pretty nice game ;)
    Borderlands 2 is a shitty port and Assassin's Creed is playable but it also has a lot of bugs.

10. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

I did enjoyed all 3 of these at varying degrees.

Unit 13 I got on launch (haven't got it anymore as I am on another vita since then). I got free on ps plus since and will get another physical at some point. Great 3rd person shooter which is played in short bursts. Star based missions which can involve planting bombs or killing a specific person etc. Great fun!!

BL2 - Yeah, ok. RPG/1st Person mix but for some reason didn't 100% click with me. I should love this game, being Bethesda and the art style but I purely "like" rather than "love". A good game nonetheless.

Assassins Creed - It is a smaller version of the proper thing. I have on digital but not currently installed. It has all the mechanics of the console versions but areas can feel a little bare and missions seem, for some reason, a little boring. It's ok and nice to have an AC game on the Vita.

11. Sam

Sam Active Member

Borderlands 2 one of my favorite Vita games. Just because the graphics aren't as good as the console version doesn't mean its a bad game to actually play. If this type of game got released without the console stigma attached then people would be going ape shit about it. Shame.

12. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I actually really like Unit 13. Sure, the lack of an actual story is a bit odd, but I still found it enjoyable, especially some of the later, more challenging missions.

13. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

I agree completely! I have seen gameplay from the console versions, but haven't played them, the Vita version is the first Borderlands I have played. I was quite impressed with the open world and the drawing distance is actually quite good. Controls are fine as well, given the limited number of buttons on the Vita. I definitely recommend this game, I actually think this game is quite great on the go!

Sam, VINNIE GANESH and Flying_Pig like this.
  14. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

I like Borderlands 2 a lot. I don't care about it being the worst version... it's on this handheld, of course it is.

It's the only version of the game I stuck with all the way to the end of the campaign finally, even though I have it on PS3, PS4 & PC. It's a flawed, technical marvel and a great game underneath imo.

Some people don't like Borderlands 2 and some people are really picky about performance, so it's all preference.

FearlessSasuke and VINNIE GANESH like this.
  15. VINNIE GANESH

VINNIE GANESH Well-Known Member

Borderlands 2 is worth it if you have a Vita only (like I do) & have no other way of playing it. The latest update improved the performance a bit. Gameplay in Sanctuary still lags a bit & you can avoid game crashes if you cycle through menus slowly. The tips mentioned in the below site worked for me.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/727975-borderlands-2/69257551

Assassins Creed Liberation is a 3d AC game on the go. Not much else to say about it. This has some technical problems too.

Never played Unit 13. Killzone Mercenary with Botzone is all the FPS action I need on the Vita.

16. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Unit 13 and Assassin Creed Liberation were pretty fun, platinumed both, have yet to try Borderlands 2 but the fact they got it running on vita is an achievement.