Been slow in the PS Vita Forum

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Kenza, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I check back every couple of days, but it seems like since the forums went down for a few days, new posts have slowed to a crawl (it wasn't real fast before). Don't want to insinuate anything, just interested in the reason's some are posting less.

In my case, i found a Vita Only Website that is very active...in fact, i usually can't make it through all the new posts each day.

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Sure, there are a couple of other Vita sites that are more active than this one, but here's the difference. The Vita Lounge is a quality place. Other Vita forums are littered with far more garbage posts than this one is. It's a beautiful thing because using search actually works really well here. Most Vita games don't have any more than 1-3 relevant threads, so it's very easy to quickly find any information you might be searching for. Those other more active forums have countless threads for each game, and the same few things often just end up being said again and again because of how quickly and easily any given thread is buried into so much garbage. That's the way I see it at least. Quality>Quantity

3. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

+1 (yes, yes, I know, garbage post.)

zodaex likes this.
  4. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

I prefer to make less posts but making them more worthwhile, that's why, even being here since the forum launched (Jan'14), I have less than 600 posts.

5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I don't have really much to contribute these days. Plus I have an insane backlog of games I want to have done by year end, so I'm working on getting those games finished and post less. I mainly just stick around for any new game announcements or physical release news.

Renegade Bastard and Kenza like this.
  6. zodaex

Says the guy with almost 1,500 likes. :p Dude you contribute more than you realize. I find your feedback about games to be very authentic and most helpful. I've picked up about 5 games because of positive things you've said about them that I don't think I ever would have heard anywhere else. I actually wish there was a tad bit more discussion here about playing Vita games, and less discussion about tracking them down to buy or collect, and this is a big reason I really look forward to reading your posts. They are often about the content of the games and not just about buying. :)

7. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Glad you like my posts. I still think I've been a bit absent over the last couple of weeks. You can thank the Switch for that, been playing that more than my Vita! But I'm back focusing on Tokyo Xanadu (made some great progress today) plus I'll be playing the Ys series, Yamowari II and Undertale when they arrive.

And yeah, I do try and post stuff relating to playing the games where I can. As I do love picking the games up, but that's only because I enjoy playing them!

8. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

what are the 'points' for any ways ??

9. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I love The Vita Lounge, and plan to stay here as long as I can. Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable of the Vita. Honestly I see many of the people on here as family, not just forum members.

Pata, DojoDan, Kenza and 2 others like this.
  10. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

I check the forum twice a day.

Hopefully this doesn't mean i have to post twice a day :D

This is a place of quality for PS Vita and really better reddit /r/Vita or gamefaqs vita sub.

DojoDan and Kenza like this.
  11. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I'm still here, but I'm afraid I have no money for games and I don't want to bore people with inane drivel.

Kenza and zodaex like this.
  12. zodaex

What are your favorite genres of games? I'd be happy to send you 2-4 games free of charge because I'm sitting on a ton of spares of LRG Vita games at the moment that I don't want. It would give you the chance to jump into some game discussions with us again! And did you ever get Wi-Fi?

DojoDan likes this.
  13. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Hi zodaex, it's a nice offer but you sell the games and spend the money on yourself, I've got loads of games, if I have anymore they'll just end up in backlog for years.

I like the racing games (digital) because I can dip, next off I'll get into my shooters (killzone and borderlands etc). I'm not really into JRPG's I have a couple, but not really into them.

No I don't have WI-FI (expensive) but the good news is I have 100gb data on my phone and my girlfriend bought me a iPhone 6 Plus (second hand) for XMAS. So I'm ok for the internet (on my phone) but can't really play online games. Could tether but not sure it works for online games.

zodaex likes this.
  14. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

I hate forums over saturated with crap I'm not interested in. Although the posts here are much less, I find the threads much more relevant, succinct and engaging

zodaex and Kenza like this.
  15. zodaex

You can certainly run a mobile hotspot Vita your iphone 6 in order to play Online Vita games. As long as the game at hand has decent netcode then you should be good. The only Vita games that ever seem laggy to me over phone wifi are fighting games. Even then, Skullgirls runs pretty good with it's awesome netcode.

Kenza likes this.
  16. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

Might as well post on this thread instead of making another post to just babble, but i bought Dragon's Crown yesterday for $14.40 @Gamestop, not a game i was really wanting, but i think it's TBS (i like) and the artwork has a lot of accolades. I'll just add it to my backlog as i'm busy with Conception II (which is hard for me to believe since i'm not a Anime type person) since Sept. 18th. BTW, i need a good case for Valhalla Knights if anyone has an extra (haha), it's the only game that has no original case in my collection.

zodaex likes this.
  17. zodaex

Very nice, I love me some Dragon's Crown. Dragon's Crown was a funny case for me, because I literally only just got it last month. It's ridiculous, but shortly after I first heard about Dragon's Crown from the old VitaCast show, I had a very vivid dream about playing the Dragon's Crown Demo. I'm certain now that I had never actually played the game's demo, but in my dream Dragon's Crown was a terrible Fantasy-themed 3-D pinball game. I got my dream confused with reality, and for over 2 years I had it in my head that Dragon's Crown was a pinball game with oddly shoehorned-in RPG elements. I saw someone somewhere online mention that it was a beat-em-up, which made me realize that I had entirely fabricated that Dragon's Crown demo in my mind. Dreams are crazy.

Pata and Kenza like this.
  18. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Yeah, why doesn't anyone create new posts? I'm going to have to start new subjects for people to roll their eyes at and ignore :rolleyes: At least I tried :D

Kenza likes this.
  19. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

LoL, The first 4 yrs. or so i played a lot of Pinball on PS Vita (own all but a few tables on Zen Pinball), surprised i haven't had a few dreams about it...when i played World of Warcraft for 11 yrs. i sure had my share of dreams that were a mix of the game and RL.