Bloodstained coming to PS Vita

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by FearlessSasuke, May 31, 2015.

1. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

If it hits 3.5 million, thanks armature.

We at Armature thank you so much for funding the Wii U version of Bloodstained. Now we have one more surprise for you… if Bloodstained makes it to $3.5mm, we will also be providing a Playstation Vita version of the game.

That’s right, the ultimate -vania game is going to make it back to a handheld platform. And don’t worry, this won’t mean a diminished experience on the Wii U – in fact, with both platforms having touch screens, it’ll probably mean more for both. We’ll also be working with the development team on the PS4 version to see what we can do to make both platforms complement each other.

We are especially grateful to be able to help out on this, as most of Armature’s games have been released on the PS Vita—that would be Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Injustice, and The Unfinished Swan, in case you’re counting. Our team knows the PS Vita platform inside and out, and we’ll do it justice as we bring you Bloodstained, running on UE4, to the PS Vita. Help us bring Bloodstained where -vania games belong – your hands!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1248002

---

Update; The stretch goal has been met, and it's officially coming to Vita.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1254965

They reached it and it will be physical as well :)

[​IMG]

The Playstation Vita is a great way to kick off the final week of the campaign, especially because we'll be producing physical Vita copies. Our friends at Armature are back to give a little guidance:

[​IMG]
    Once again, the Bloodstained backers have not failed us. We have hit the PS Vita stretch goal! Here are our thoughts on inclusions into the PS Vita version:

• Music Export – We thought it would be awesome to be able to export the game’s music to the Vita’s music library. So we’re going to do that.
    • PS4 Cross Save Support – Obviously, we’ll need to work with the PS4 dev team on this, but we’ve done cross save before and we’d love to do it again.
    • Touch Screen Support – Remember how we mentioned drawing on the map on the WiiU version? Why not do that for Vita too? And scrub around the map with your finger as well.
    • PlayStation TV - We’ll also make sure that the game is fully playable on the PS TV.
    We are truly honored to be part of this project, and to work with the other development teams to help bring another one of Igarashi-san’s masterpieces to a handheld.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. marineal

marineal Active Member

Beat me to it. I hope Bloodstained gets a physical release, and hopefully the game/port turns out good. 2017 is too far away, Vita could be dead and gone.

3. pkmaximum

pkmaximum Member

Hell ya!!!! We need to start some fundraising! I hope he includes the co-op & multiplayer functions in the Vita version :)

4. the-dragon-bane

the-dragon-bane valar morghulis

cool. i hope it meets the goal.

5. kidar

kidar Well-Known Member

I will back it by I want the kickstarters exclusive physical copy for the Vita and the WiiU not sure how I will achieve that :confused:

6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Active Member

make a second kickstarter account, and have that one also back at the physical tier.

7. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I've never backed a kickstarter before, but I just might have to for this, especially since they're offering physical copies. We need to get that Vita port made!

Barcellona likes this.
  8. kidar

kidar Well-Known Member

thanks I will do that

9. Andrei

Andrei Active Member

This'd be great on Vita. C'mon people, lets make it happen!

10. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

...think it´s gonna happen...:D

11. pkmaximum

pkmaximum Member

Only thing that sucks is how long it's going to take until we get to play this masterpiece, totally worth it though!

Hopefully all the features like the co-op multiplayer are available on the Vita as well!

12. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

Sweatin bullets, are there enough people who want this on the Vita to hit the goal?

13. pkmaximum

pkmaximum Member

I think it's a pretty safe bet this hits Vita goal at this point. I'd imagine after this kickstarter backing period is over this hits at least $4 Million.

To be honest as much as I want a Vita version, I am even more excited about the next stretch goal—orchestrated music. One of my favorite memories of SOTN was the killer sound track. Really allowed you to get fully immersed into that world you're playing in.

14. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

Vita version will be funded before the end of the weekend.

15. FearlessSasuke

Yep, that orchestrated soundtrack will be a nice bonus to hit I have yet to back for that $300 pledge.

16. Andrei

Andrei Active Member

$3,357,796 with a week to go.
    It's almost definitely happening!
    Shame it'll be over a year off, we've got some awesome kickstarter games on the way.

17. kidar

kidar Well-Known Member

apparently pledges using paypal are not reflected on the main KS page so its much closer

18. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    With the Paypal pledges included it's currently $50,000 away from the Vita Goal.

19. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

Phew, I can breathe again.

20. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

If I don't support the kickstarter will I be able to get it in the future?

21. FearlessSasuke

From the kickstarter page:

Will there be a physical release of the game after it comes out?
    There will indeed be a physical release of the game in the future. However, the Kickstarter-exclusive box set is a celebration for fans willing to support IGA in his time of need, so the retail version of the game will not contain any of the Kickstarter-exclusive bonus content.

The physical copy of the game for Xbox One, Playstation 4, Wii U, Steam (PC/Mac/Linux) or GOG (DRM-free PC/Mac/Linux) will include exclusive Kickstarter-only content:

• The mighty swordwhip
    • A super-powerful hidden boss
    • A Kickstarter Edition slipcase
    Hope they release a physical Vita copy.

jmontero likes this.
  22. Andrei

Andrei Active Member

Of course. Almost no kickstarter projects are exclusive to backers. It'll be released on PSN like everything else!

Maqugo likes this.
  23. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!

Yeah but I don't want a digital copy ;)

24. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    Well start breathing a little bit faster cause Bloodstained Vita is happening, they just hit $3,500,000 across Kickstarter and Paypal.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  25. FearlessSasuke

Apparently if they hit 4.5 million they're going to make a 8 or 16 bit companion game.