Button/screen-lock

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by Ikubi, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Ikubi

Ikubi Member

It's not that often, but sometimes, when in-game, most of my buttons and the touch screen will randomly stop responding. In these cases, the PS button and the Off button still work (possibly volume too?), and once I return to the Vita's home/app area via the ps button, everything works until i continue the game. Closing the game and relaunching worked.

I noticed the FAQ talked about frozen screens which is largely my issue, though I don't think it's the same since the home area still works, and im able to "solve" it by simply closing the app instead of having to shut off the vita//hold the power button.

What can cause this, and is there no other solution than to close the app?

2. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

what kinds of games are you playing when you experience this? I had the same issue with my PSOne games, turns out it was the back touch thing that unabled the buttons whenever I touched it, so I simply disabled it and now it's fine!

3. Ikubi

Ikubi Member

I was playing hatsune miku, and I did indeed have the back touch-pad enabled.
    Im not sure in which other games it has happened. Im pretty sure I got a solid lock in Odin Sphere which required pressing power for 30 sec, but I think I may have had other mini freezes like this, maybe odins sphere or hatsune miku again, or virtue's last reward or steins gate, im not sure.

4. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

that's weird :eek: how old is your vita? maybe you should try to use your warranty if you still have it!

5. Ikubi

Ikubi Member

Its less than half a year old, and i hadnt been giving it too much use until recently =/ Not sure if it's enough of an issue yet for me to return it, was just wondering if maybe someone knew an easy solution, like to "reset the controller". (like the n64's L+R+Start I think, im not sure why but im guessing something like that would fix it)

6. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    I've never heard of anything like it. Try it with other games and if this persists, make the most of your warranty while you still can as units won't be around forever.

TheAtom and Simmi like this.