Buying limited games you really care about is so stressful- Tachyon Project Email

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by zodaex, Sep 1, 2017.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Dear Roger,

We're writing in with regards to your order of PSV Tachyon Project. We have
    accidentally sent a sample to some of our customers, and if you have received the
    sample please send us a photo of the item. Once we have received the photo, we will
    be replacing the item with the right game and we will shoulder all of the shipping
    costs involved for both return and reshipment.

Please return the faulty item for exchange to:

Play-Asia.com
    Attn: Exchanges & Returns
    P.O. Box 1351
    Tsuen Wan Post Office
    Tsuen Wan, NT
    Hong Kong

Warmest Regards,

Your Team at Play-Asia.com

Ugh! I got this email this morning from Play-Asia about my Tachyon Project pre-order. Apparently they accidentally shipped out some product sample instead of the actual game, which is extremely limited to only 2,000 copies. It generally takes 3 weeks or so for me to receive games from Play-Asia and now i'm stressing out that by the time my game arrives in the U.S. with economy shipping that the stock might already be sold threw by then, and Play Asia could also be out of replacement copies. I know they aren't Limited Run Games, but i've heard so many horror stories about people getting Limited Run Games damaged in shipping, but then there not being any replacement copies available at that point once the customer realizes they needed it. What do you guys think I should do? Order another copy while it's still in stock to be on the safe side, or cross my fingers hope for the best and deal with a racing heartbeat for 3 weeks?

2. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like they oversold their stock though. If they sent the wrong thing they should have the right ones left behind. Besides I'm pretty sure companies have to keep some back because it's a PR disaster if they are unable to replace something. If it's limited to 2,000 they either have 2,000 and extras in case things get lost/damaged or they have 2,000 but only actually sell I dunno 1,950?

You can always try leaving a message to their customer services pointing out that you intend to return it but it's likely going to be a month before they get it back. If you're really worried I guess ordering another copy and flipping the extra on eBay down the line can't hurt.

3. Didrik

Didrik Member

I have also received this email.

zodaex likes this.
  4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

If you do receive this sample copy, I expect that there are quite a few collector's who would gladly take it off your hands. ;) Or even trade their spare copy for it. :)

DankZaku, zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  5. Mr Tornado

6. zodaex

Cool so it sounds like the samples are likely the same game anyway, just not for resale versions. From the email I got it made it sound to me like it would have been a totally different game. That makes me feel better so i'm just going to wait and see what shows up. I ordered Dragon Quest Builders along with it so i've got that to look forward to regardless.

7. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing as you. Not sure I'd bother sending the sample back if it still includes the full physical release of the game. Plus isn't the sample technically super rare? At only 100 produced a few Vita collectors might get lucky!

8. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

keep the sample, will be worth more money down the road.

9. zodaex

To be brutally honest, I have received "not for resale" Vita games from eBay sellers on at least 3 occasions. In every instance, they were the cheapest copies of the games on eBay at the time. For this reason I get the feeling that it wouldn't add to the value. Besides, all that usually means is part or all of the UPC is physically punched out of the box. If somebody wanted to "fake" not for resale copies, it would be really easy to do by just buying a square or a large circular hole punch. Kind of like how the shrinkwraped Firewatch variant if technically the rarest variant, but also by far the easiest to fake.

10. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

If there are only 100 of those sample versions I'd certainly say keeping it and just ordering a regular copy, that's what I'd do at least.

zodaex likes this.
  11. zodaex

I got my Tachyon Project in the mail today and it was not a sample copy! In addition, the game is PS-TV compatible and I like it! It reminds me of Geometry Wars 3 in a very good way.

Did anyone notice that on the back of the box though it says the game features 4-player local multi-player? This must be an unintentional copy-and-paste from the PS4 game right? I say this because I poked around in all the modes and menus, and I really don't think this game has any ad-hoc multiplayer in it. Unless it's talking about PS-TV local multiplayer, and you just need to press start on additional controller or something, however this seems far less likely. Does anyone have it on PS4 to compare?

Kenza and Mr Tornado like this.
  12. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I don't have this game but I am aware the PS-TV does support four controllers, so most likely 4 player local multiplayer

13. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for mine.

14. shadowman

Same here. Checked my tracking yesterday and it didn't make the slightest bit of sense. So I'll just keep waiting!

15. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

I'm glad I chose to quit collecting Vita games after about 100 physical titles. I bailed out 2 years ago, after realising companies where taking the piss with limited editions left, right and centre. And lo-and-behold, things have gotten worse since then.

Only 2,000 copies of a games? Ridiculous!

16. shadowman

It was open for pre order for quite some time, its not like it sold out in seconds. Plus I'm glad more digital only games are getting released physically for the system, eases up on my memory cards!

17. Mr Tornado

So there's a sample copy on eBay at the moment, currently at £37.00 plus shipping & customs duty & I don't know whether to bid on it or not. The certificate is the only thing different - it would make a lot of difference to me if the cart or box had sample on it, but just the cert...

18. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Wait, so we have to OPEN the sealed box to identify if the certificate says sample?

19. shadowman

Screw that. With it being such a minor difference it seems like a huge waste of money to go after it, especially with the next few weeks not exactly being short of Vita releases! I'm just happy with the copy I have, makes me very excited for more Playasia/Eastasia Vita releases.

20. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Yeah seems like it.

21. Mr Tornado

Well, the auction ended and...

Final price: £80.00
    Shipping: £11.00
    Import fees: £20.00

Total £111.00

Thank goodness I didn't bid on it! I wonder if anyone here or LRG bought it...

22. shadowman

Madness. Could buy three new Vita games for that price! I'd understand if it was a big variant or something truly interesting but hey, I'm not that big into collecting, just one of each game physically is enough for me!