Cheapest or Cheaper?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Ryan, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan Member

Is this the cheapest Vita games, consoles and accessories will get?

Go.

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Always in motion is the future.

3. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

Great answer :)

Ryan
    Now why nobody was eager to answer your question is much lay on what you are looking for. There is no white or black answer.

If you are only looking for enough good game to play this is right time to purchase game.
    If you are into getting a NA/EU full set you are a late.
    If you are into getting an extended English full set you are really late.
    If you are into getting the full PS Vita set you are very late.​

The_stats_guy likes this.
  4. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I think 6 months to about a year ago was the best time, I surf Vita games almost everyday and have noticed an increase in the prices lately for the games that were put out in the first few years that are not in production anymore. Although some of the games that were put out back then that people are calling "rare" are actually going down in price (it's still high relatively speaking). As far as Accessories go that is a lot of hit and miss depending on what your looking for and which version of PS Vita. I don't keep up on the Accessories near as much as games, all i can say from experience is that i bought a couple of Nyko Power Grips for PS Vita 1000 (Absolutely my Favorite Accessory), which even at the time were pretty hard to get, and the last couple times i have looked them up on Ebay, $90 was the cheapest.

P.S. Looked it up, now the cheapest Power Grip for a PS Vita 1000 is $99 + Shipping (and Wow, i thought it was new and just realized it's a used one) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nyko-Vita-P...863353?hash=item2cc1da31f9:g:N0IAAOSw7GRZA8ov

But....for a PS Vita 2000, it's about $28 https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-G...3&sr=8-1&keywords=Nyko+Power+Grip+for+PS+Vita

Edit: BTW, The Power Grip almost doubles your PS Vita Battery Duration

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  5. Ryan

Ryan Member

Thanks for the Yoda-like wisdom Zodaex, haha

I am only looking for Enough Good games to play. No way I want to get a full set of anything. That is way too much money and time.
    I guess I was mainly curious of, have Vita games, consoles, and accessories gotten more expensive or less in the give time, as a whole. I totally understand this will be vastly different depending on what item we speak about, but that there may be a general trend. I am not interested in what games will become rare because I only intend on buying games I love and will cherish.

I just found pricecharting. It seems like certain games like Killzone has gone up, but only by a fraction. But all in all, yeah, it seems like now is a good time to buy a game. I guess the prices can't really go much lower...

Kenza likes this.
  6. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

I was seeing the same thing regarding the price going up a bit for the vita games, accessories, etc..

But sometimes getting them from websites like kijiji (canada), or maybe craiglist, cheap games can be found.
    i.e. Call of Duty Declassification on the Store is $40.... I have seen it on kijiji for $10
    I recently bought 4 vita games for $20 all of them, including Call of duty... I guess it depends on how lucky you are.

7. McFungos

Unfortunately luck doesn't apply to know rare & sought after Vita games :(

8. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Actually, luck -does- apply - I saw Supremacy MMA on ebay once for 25 dollars buy it now. Jumped on it immediately.

Kenza likes this.
  9. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

I think the luck will depend on the alignment of the planets lol
    ...my target is to get games around $20 or less on kijiji. Not dying to collect them all but I will get anything cheap.

Sometimes there are people who doesn't care and just sell the games very cheap... Like the guy who sold me those 4 games for $20, in other words, $5 per game.

10. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I guess I'm lucky for the most part, except Legends of War (I don't know the price paid for it because I got it as a gift) every Vita game I got that is rare/uncommon at some point was cheap for me.

The most expensive uncommon/rare Vita game I got was Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, but that's because my local store imported it 2 years ago and I got it for €59 new back then (when it wasn't that damn expensive like it is now), for the rest most rare/uncommon Vita games were €25 max (including shipping).

(except if I got the game new before it became rare/uncommon)

But what I do see more commonly is that even in my country Vita games get more expensive and more often I see people adding a phrase in their advertisements saying it's a rare system/games for collectors making the price even higher...

I will hit 80 Vita games this year for sure, then I will pause buying Vita games because I need to buy some other stuff I want but I'm afraid the prices will rise even more meanwhile :(

11. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

I feel you Vita_Girl
    At least I have got some games with my PS+ membership. So I have some good games on my account like killzone, uncharted, etc, but as we all know, there are a lot of indie games which most of them are not my taste.

The last game I bought on amazon was Hot shot golf and it was $9 + $5 shipping. I will get anything cheap that comes up on kijiji or craiglist lol, but I understand with import games won't be the case.

12. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Most of the Vitas library is fairly cheap. If you're only buying fun games, I can't see you having much of an issue?

Then again I've lost track of main stream

13. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

Yes, not an issue with the price but an issue with low offers lol

oh, and the other issue is the memory cards price, it is just insane. But that may be another topic. lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  14. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I guess I depends per country/continent.

For example some PAL games are harder to get in EU for a good price while the US copies are easier and cheaper to get (or does Sony US just dump all the Vita games to EU? :p )

15. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

That is ironic lol.

16. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

The most expensive have been the Asian-English games. I think at this point all I have left is the Gundam 3 Break Edition (for the vita) and the PS3 "Lost in Rain".

(I've got Aquanaut's holidays for the PS3 somewhere I got a cousin to get for me from Taiwan for 20 bucks.)

BTW, if you require a physical MLB13 cart for the vita, play-asia has a few left, I think.

17. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

Thanks for the letting this know, I will have a look at the play-asia to see if I find a copy of mlb13.

I just hope those "asian-english" are given through the ps+... however I have a few. The lone for this month is that wierd game hotu... boyfriend where you go to school with pigeons lol my God, what a weird game lol

18. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Most of them have been given as PS+ titles, but as they are Asian region releases you would have to have an Asian PSN account to get them.

19. McFungos

At least you are not into getting Japanese games for PS Vita :D

Right now i'm still pondering whatever one Japanese Vita game can be worth 28 000 Yens for regular version and 32 000 Yens LE version.