Official Topic Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Reika, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

Hi, guys :D

Have you heard of this game? I searched around the forum but I haven't found one topic about this yet so I thought that I might as well put this one up and see if everyone is interested in this one. This used to be a Japan exclusive game (the first game in PSP) but the second part is finally seeing some light in the west/english speaking countries. Europe is always a tad delayed (Q2 2014) but at least we are all getting it, right? :)

---------------------------------------------
    More About This Game:

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (CONCEPTIONII 七星の導きとマズルの悪夢 Konsepushon Tsū: Nanahoshi no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu, lit. Conception II: Guidance of Seven Stars and Muzzle’s Nightmare) is a Japanese role-playing video game by Spike Chunsoft for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita platforms. It is a sequel to Conception: Ore no Kodomo o Undekure!, which was not released in English. Conception II was released in Japan on August 22, 2013, and is scheduled for release on April 15, 2014 in North America.

Source: Wikipedia

Opening Video:

Also, a demo is announced for NA this coming March 25, 2014. Apparently, players who completes the demo will get items that will help them when they get the full version of the game. Anyone got the game pre-ordered? :D

2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about it. It looks like it would be a good game and a game I'd enjoy playing very much so. I haven't decided 100% one way or the other yet, but since there is a demo coming out a few weeks before it's launched, I'll try the demo out to see if I'll like it and want to spend $40 on it and the embarrassment of having a game called "Conception" on my mothers Amazon account.

Reika likes this.
  3. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    @Tyler is, he's down for all that dirty baby-making stuff. :p

Tyler likes this.
  4. Brian Sharon

Brian Sharon Well-Known Member

I am. I loved the Japanese demos.

Reika likes this.
  5. HonestPandaShow

HonestPandaShow @HonestPandaShow

I want to just do not have the money for it.

6. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

Of course i will buy it.
    Once i get my money next in the beginning of the next month i will palce my order on videogamesplus.ca.

Reika likes this.
  7. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I am actually on the fence on this one too. I think the trailers show off a good side of the game's graphics but It also feels a bit... bland. I also have no idea about the storyline as well so I cannot make a judgment out of that haha. The demo would be the one determining for me if I decide to get it or not. :p

8. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I'm planning on it. Any RPG I will welcome with open arms. I am glad it is getting a demo and I'm very interested in giving that a try.

9. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I'm... undecided. I don't like relationship aspects in games - or at least none that I've come across before. My opinion of romance in all forms of media is primarily reliant on how much I'm expected to actually care. If I am supposed to care, the writing and dialogue had better be damned good. If I'm not supposed to care, then they can make it silly or as stupid as they want.

I'll wait and see how prevalent they are I guess, and whether or not the rest of the game will convince me to put up with the Sim parts.

10. GIRUGUMESH

GIRUGUMESH Member

I am, I've had it pre-ordered for awhile now. Pretty excited to play it.

11. Brian Sharon

Brian Sharon Well-Known Member

If the demo is in any way similar to that of the Japanese demos, you'll get a taste of gameplay, conceiving, relationships and more.

A lot to see there.

12. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    If I enjoy the basic gameplay in the demo, I'll probably get it.

13. RTRSPCT

RTRSPCT Well-Known Member

I didn't plan to get it, but after reading some of the impression of both the 3DS and Vita versions I thought "why not?". Looks like a very funny game, one that doesn't take itself too seriously (it's probably gonna be satire all over). But as an RPG it's serious business as always.

If everything's going O.K. I'll receive the game within the next couple of days.

14. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

have someone completed the game, I liked the demo but I have some questions.

The rubbing girls gimmic is the worst that i know, is there a lot of that in the game?

Do I have to date all the girls in the game, I dont feel comfortable with classmating and
    rubbing the girls that look like they are 12 years old so does the game give you the opportunity
    to skip them completely or are they all part of the story?

The thing I liked with the demo was that the game felt like watching a anime, does the game continue this or
    are the animated sequenses only in the beginning of the game?

15. RTRSPCT

I can understand that. As with many Japanese games there are actually two distinct art-styles being used. They're most likely not 12 years of age if you look at the in-game portraits (these signify their real age). The in-game characters are created in the Chibi-style. Chibi is always used to make characters cute, actually, cuter than they really are. They are a sort of "parody" of the actual character. It has nothing to do with age per se, although some very young characters may be drawn in this style...

Recently I made a similar point about the upcoming game Bullet Girls, which uses the same art-style. You won't see 12 year old girls walking around with bazookas in real life, nor do you see them applying themselves to the military.

Game is sent by the way. I am looking forward to it.

16. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

I don't have a problem with it being there if I can skip some of the girls. I don't have a problem with the first character that you meet or the sister/teacher, the ones that I am having problems with are two of the girls (the one with green hair that was in the demo and the girl with blue hair), they look like they are kids more than teens. I am not new to the manga/anime artstyle but in animes like ie ranma I can ignore the worst parts. In some games I am not able to ignore themost pervy things and are on top of that forced to interact with it (rubbing screen).

Dragon's crowns designs could be seen as tasteless by some ppl, but in that game the characters at least aren't teens/children. another game in which I see the artdirection as a problem is monster monpiece. When I look at the mechanics of the game it looks like it could have been a fun game but once again there are a lot of pictures of girls that looks like children in "sexy" poses.

what I am trying to say is that there is a difference between having girls that look like children in games and making those girls into love interests of the main character.

And the thing with the girls age in games. as I understand it the girls can be really young in japan but not in eu/us (wasn't
    it in bravely default they had to change the age of one of the characters to be able to release it in the west, but what they did was just changing the text from 14 to 18 or something like that and not change the model tor the character)

I am not talking down on the game, just asking if I am able to skip having to build relations to the girls that looks like they are still in elementary school.

Edit: and as I said before I liked the demo of the game :)

17. RTRSPCT

I wasn't in the mood yesterday to write something, but I did receive my two limited edition copies of the game (one remains sealed).

And yes, there's a lot of talk till the point I remained, but I bet it will change soon. And, I must say, the game runs as smooth as silk and the music is really great (so is the CD that came along with it :D). I read a lot of the impressions made by other people, and the game isn't sexually "offensive" to me. There's the playfulness between some of the characters, which I like (like between the young friend Chlotz and the older Ruby for example). And the idea of "classmating" is not to be taken serious of course, haha! What it does bring is new gameplay opportunities, and I like that. I like original ideas, and this game seems to be delivering that. Also, the idea of a "class-system" in this "utopia" in which this game takes place is obviously a critique of it. I expect more social critiques along the way...

I wish I could write more, but I haven't delved deep enough into it yet. I'll post more about the game later. :)

18. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but is seems like a fun, yet quirky game.

The relationship thing is definitely an interesting factor. All the sexual and perverted notions aside, it's neat to go into the game and choose which heroines you want to increase intimacy with, regardless of Classmating with them.

The actual dungeon-crawling is an aspect that I do like. The 3D labyrinths and character models look pretty and I like the "location" aspect of the battle system, with choosing a certain viewpoint from the enemy to attack, along with having the Star Children and Disciples as two different groups, so as long as they're in different areas, most of the time, not everyone will be attacked at the same time.

Another thing I really like is that you can save your game anywhere inside a dungeon.

But I'm only a couple hours into the game, so I don't know what may change as the game progresses further.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  19. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I haven't played as much as I wanted because I have been busy with life (*cry*). I remember being on the fence with this game but went ahead and buy myself a copy anyways - so here are my impressions of buying the game and comparing it to my thoughts before buying the game (in hopes this shed a light for those people who haven't bought the game yet or just looking around for opinions about the game).

This is your typical harem genre game - everyone likes you (everyone is not an emphasis, you will understand if you play the game lol). For some, it's a turn off but this should be the biggest highlight if you plan on buying the game. It seems like the game revolves around you making babies and be on good terms with the females. If this genre turns you off, I guess I suggest you steer 180 degrees away from this game.

It's also grindy. I bet you can continue straight on the game without finishing the sub-dungeons and maxing the children's level as you go... but I have a feeling it will be harder as you progress if you skip these (plus, I have the tendency of finishing everything before proceeding to the next , let's call it the gamer OCD lol). The dungeons are similar that of Persona 4 but it's not a continues dungeon - meaning, the room loads everytime you go to the next one... don't worry though, loading time is not a problem in this game, it just gets annoying sometimes.

I am still on the 3rd/4th dungeon and my opinion could change... but so far, the difficulty range isn't high at all... probably intermediate. Maybe because I never had a hard time defeating the bosses or doing the dungeons in the lab (which claims to be harder). Again, I am still not far off the game so this might change.

It's a full pledged RPG. Sometimes i feel cheated with rpgs nowadays on how they feel like they have only gave half the effort with the full price. Not this one though... the game is polished and has events throughout the game. Sure, there are redundant conversations when you are trying to leveling up affection with the ladies but that's just the only thing that seems redundant in this game (so far).

I guess that's it for now :D

RTRSPCT and Trent like this.
  20. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I'd still like to pick this game up. It seems like it gets a LOT of support with all of its DLC as well.

Who knows... Lets see how much it ends up costing to get my wisdom teeth out. If I have anything left in my wallet, perhaps I'll pick this up (along with 3 or 4 or maybe 5 or 6 other games xD).

RTRSPCT likes this.
  21. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Besides the quirks, it's a fun dungeon-crawler. And there's a whole system of creating units, training them, releasing them to upgrade your city and get new features like new shops, and then start over again. Star Children are interesting as they have maximum levels and, as you play through the game, their max levels go up and new classes become available.

I think that if people aren't offended or can avoid the obvious sexual manner of creating new units, it can be a fun RPG. And the fact that the game has Auto Battle can make grinding much more manageable.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  22. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    I still need to try out the demo

Trent likes this.
  23. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

Once I got past the stupid "Star Child" gimmick I actually found a pretty fun game. The character dialogues are not bad in my opinion. I really like Ellie, she's so cute. The battles seem like an afterthought, but thanks to mobile games I'm used to just using auto battles. It's pretty exciting to get a level 99 Star person during a birth though. Seems really rare but I have two star people with a star at their feet and they do much more damage than the regular ones. Now I'm finding myself spamming Rest and Reset to get one. >.>