Coronavirus - Please be safe y'all

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by SONY, Jan 25, 2020.

1. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

2. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Cheers dude. Take care too.

I like to think this will be ok. Whilst a virus of this magnitute is never a good thing, the death toll is still apparently extremely low. Approximately 3% of cases have resulted in death thus far, however I appreciate that this is still early days, and it is unknown whether a higher percentage of those infected will die after having it for a longer period of time.

Honestly, my main concern is that, with China in full lockdown now, this will likely be the straw that breaks their economy's back, hitting a recession in the country, and likely causing a shockwave to other countries highly reliant on their goods.

The way in which this virus apparently came to be (from China, either being artificially made, or having been found by the authorities for a time before, but chose to keep details hidden) further shows how the Chinese government (and their communist ways) are both incompetent and aren't to be trusted.

Furthermore, as if there isn`t already a huge wave of Chinese citizens migrating to other countries already, causing several problems of social unrest due to dense population of a new race and culter at a too-fast rate, expect larger numbers of citizens to flee as a consequence of a lack of trust or an increased worry of safety.

This outbreak might have come at the worst time.

SONY likes this.