Could this be the reason why developers are cancelling/skipping Vita ports?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Karl Smith, Jul 21, 2015.

1. MurloK14

MurloK14 Active Member

My thoughts exactly!! Make a more powerful Vita, a price drop of the Vita memory cards and better advertisement and the vita would be a success!!!

2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

So memory cards to be forwards compatible?
    Why not just use micro SDXC cards so the option is cheap?

3. MurloK14

MurloK14 Active Member

Of course I prefer micro SDXC cards, but it's Sony we're talking about, they wouldn't drop their memory cards.

SONY likes this.
  4. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...Ports are somewhat forgettable...it´s great that you have it on the Vita, but come one...they are not the selling point for the Vita...although I think Revelations 2 did a great job there with some flaws later on in the game...I agree with some points further up in the discussion, that if you wanna port descent games nowadays to the Vita it needs a lot more Hardware Power to do it properly...maybe it is really time for the PSVita 2, which is never going to be released!!!...Sony just says :"Shut up and Remote-Play your so called Ports..."...well, thank you

5. MurloK14

MurloK14 Active Member

Even Nintendo made a new 3DS!! I think now it's the time for an improved Vita!!!

6. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Or Vita 2.

True, true.

7. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    I suppose the Vita was Sony's attempt at grabbing market share in the handheld demographic. To trump the DS they needed to adopt a different stance and that was hardware superiority. Mobile and monetary transactions in that sector are what is trumping the hand held market sadly. I doubt Sony would look to release a Vita 2 unless it was the hardware equivalent of atleast the PS3 or above.

I know I would pay to play PS3 titles and games to that equivalent on a handheld. I dare say to make that sort of technology profitable we are looking at another 4 or 5 years.

That's why they look to be pushing for streaming services instead which seems to be cheaper and available now.

8. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

I thought the Vita was touted and marketed to be a PS3 in your hands/OTA?

9. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Touting and reality are two different things.

10. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Agreed and imo, PSP turned out to be a a PS 1.5, graphics wise and PS Vita...well, others will disagree with me but I reckon it's a fully fledged PS3 in your hands, graphics wise and all.

11. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

It was never that. ThE confusion came when someone from Sony said it could run ps3 quality games but it wouldnt be a good idea, people stopped reading at games.
    If Sony releases a PSP/NGP/Vita 2 anytime soon it will be a huge collosal finalcial disaster...
    Has much i would love to see a new system Sony first needs to clean this mess.IMO this is what it needs to do is:
    1. Make it cheap for making games for the vita, offer devs kits if needed (like make contracts like 3 exclusive games = free dev kit).

2. Make the vita cheaper (and cards too), come on 4yr and only reduce 50€? The ps3 was almost half price by this time.

3. Realese kids games, the more the merrier even the bad ones, being back PSM and turn it to be more like Goggle play store, filled with free shitware.
    Why fill it with shovelware? Because it is what most kids and casual players want and would meen more sales = more devs = more games etc.

4. Advertise the vita EVERYWHERE, even better on facebook and have the FREAKING CONSOLE ON STORES.

If they do notbsolve the problema of vita why should most users buy the next one to play the same games?

Flying_Pig and SONY like this.
  12. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

^ I totally agree with all 4 of your points! Vita needed so much more effort from SCE to really succeed.

13. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

14. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member