Crackle App

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Trent, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    With last night's PSN Update for the North America region, a host of things came for the Vita, but one notable thing is that another app has been added to the list of services available on the system. That service is Crackle.

If anyone doesnt know what Crackle is, it''s like Netflix. It allows you to stream and watch Television Shows and Movies from the app, though there are some differences. First of all, Crackle is free. I booted up the app and started watching a few things to test out the app and it's absolutely free of charge. That's a pretty sweet deal. To accommodate the fact that it's free are the fact that most things you watch have advertisements at the beginning.

The other thing is that the selection is very limited. There isn't a whole lot to do and you could probably watch everything they have in less than a year. It's not all bad, though. They've got most of the Resident Evil movies, almost all of the Millenium-era Godzilla movies, and a good number of anime available, including Valkyria Chronicles and the Marvel Iron Man and X-Men animes.

It's a pretty sweet app. You guys should check it out.

[​IMG]

2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it (love free stuff) and checked it out.

I gave it a quick look through. For something that's free, I won't complain, too much. Honestly, if it had more, I'd be willing to pay for a 1 time purchase and still take the ads to boot. Right now though it just doesn't have a lot to offer me as pretty much everything it has I've already seen. Not to mention that the anime section as far as I can tell are all dubs (of animes I've already seen) and I much prefer subs.

That said, I'll hold onto the app since it does offer some free goodies and hope that more gets added.

I'd really love an app that offered a shit ton of anime, even if I had to pay for it (as a 1 time purchase... I don't do subscriptions unless it's dirt cheap).

Trent likes this.
  3. jpelgrom

jpelgrom Member

Meanwhile, in Europe, we still don't have the Netflix app..

Good to see Sony is at least giving users in North America options.

4. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    And Japan has Hulu+, which North America doesn't have.

As far as the Crackle app goes, it works better for me on the Vita than it does on either the PS3 or my android tablet. So that's positive.

5. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    I just want them to fix the god damn YouTube app.

It crashes 100% of the time when you open the "Watch Later" list and comments have been broken ever since the Google+ takeover.

6. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Not bad of an app, but it seems like every 10 min a ad pops up. Trust me the ads are very annoying.

7. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    The ads are probably the reason all of this content is free. Otherwise, I would say they'd pull a fee like Netflix, despite this app's limited library.

8. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    It is the reason free, its just that ads annoying.