Currently Playing - All Consoles

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Terramax, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

It has just occurred to me that there doesn't appear to be a dedicated 'currently playing' thread for any console, new or old.

Seeing as there appear to be a number of retro gamers here, and seeing as the Vita is soon to be deemed obsolete (the first step to becoming retro itself), let's get a proper thread going.

Currently playing:

Dark Souls - 360 - on new game +7 now, the maximum hardness. Still addicted to this game after about 2 months of playing.

Tenchu Z - 360- One of my all-time favourite games. Just got 1 months subscription to xbox live on 360 for just £1, so starting a new game, powerleveling my new character before I take online.

Hustle Kings - Vita - clearly an evergreen title for me. Since I downloaded some 3-4 months ago, it's been one of my most consistently played games, despite all the Switch games I've bought.

Grim Fandango - Vita - Got this in the sales for £1.19. I've already had this game on PC for over 15 years, but great to finally play on the small screen, anywhere, anytime. Sadly, the visuals are a bit too hard to see in places. It's better played on the big screen.

Fifa 18 - Switch - the only Switch game I've been playing for a while. I don't even like footy very much, but I had a feeling this installment might just click with me and it did. Currently, I've put about 60 hours into this one.

Ghost in the Shell - PSX - bought this yet again to go in my permanent collection. Owned it back in the day, and like to play it from time to time for nostalgia. And, as you can see from my avatar, I'm quite the Ghost in the Shell nerd.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - PSX - picked this up for a whooping £120 (not the most I've spend on a single game) as it's become very rare, so bought it now before it becomes completely out of my reach. Still my fav 2D platformer.

warwolf likes this.
  2. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Having a lil fun playing Mario Kart 8
    [​IMG]

Terramax and Renegade Bastard like this.
  3. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

What...the hell.... is that?

I love how the plug sockets behind seem equally as bewildered as I! :D

JoSoap likes this.
  4. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

lol that is the funniest post I’ve seen on this forum. Well done sir!

I’ve been playing the Switch mostly but I did complete Red Faction Guerilla on PC (finally) over the holidays.

Right now though I’m playing Skyrim on the Switch and it’s friggin sweet. And that probably won’t change over the coming weeks

Terramax and Roscoe Jones like this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I've just been playing Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA. I picked it up a couple of days ago but have enjoyed the first 30 minutes I've had with it so far.

Terramax and Roscoe Jones like this.
  6. Roscoe Jones

I have a modded gba with a small collection of gba games and an everdrive...i Actually remember when that game first came out for the gba! Cool game. I need to pick it up.

7. DojoDan

Having played it more I'm staring to think I have the same problem with most Nintendo platformers, I suck at them lol. It started ok but just some enemy placement is a bugger. Im ok at most on my Megadrive its just Nintendo I seem to suck at! I'll stick with it its fun.

8. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Just started Mass Effect 2 last night. First few hours in and it’s great so far... yeah I know, 2010 called and wants it’s comment back lol

DankZaku, warwolf and DojoDan like this.
  9. Roscoe Jones

Kirby is a relatively easy platformer tho. Kirby has that cheating "flying" ability. Lol

10. DojoDan

Yeah I know its on the easier end of the spectrum, but today after getting whacked around by Castilla and Super Hydorah I've come to the conclusion I'm just getting worse the older I get. FPS is the only genre I can still play well lol. I'm getting really bad at platformers and it's extremely worrying!

11. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Well, my xbox 360 controller died last week, and it's impossible to find a wired 360 controller here in Japan, so no more Dark Souls for me... but it's just been announced for Switch, so just have to wait 5 or 6 months...

In the meantime, Fifa 18 for the Switch (still), I did play some Mario Odyssey and NBA Playgrounds, but neither of them interest me.

Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and Persona 4 on vita. Restarted the latter a few days ago, after completing it about 2 years ago. Also, downloaded Dancing All Night. Already had it physical a while back, but the game was never around when I wanted to play, so digital means it's there, ready, when I have the sudden urge on the train or where ever.

Hooked up the PS2 and played a bit of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and a few other PS1/2 titles also.

12. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Just got back into LA Noire on the Switch. Been plugging a bit at the Blood and Wine expansion of Witcher 3 on PC as well. Had to play Payday 2 on Switch also as I got a review code, it’s pretty bad

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  13. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Nearly finished DOOM on PC now too!

14. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Dark Souls 3 on PC, when time allows. Also, the usual Hustle Kings on Vita and the odd bit of Zero Gunner 2 on Switch.

15. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Tenchu has got to be one of the best franchises ever. :)

16. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I'm not playing anything. I'm at work. I should be working, but now I'm here shedding tears for the Vita :(

DankZaku, Terramax and warwolf like this.
  17. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

When its quiet around me and I have hours of free time I play Persona 5 (PS4). Im pretty far into the game. Also trying to put some time into Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Vita). Other than that I play the smartphone games (Xperia of course!) Real Racing 3 and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links every now and then. :)

18. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Hellfire on the megadrive ...a truly god like programming piece of gaming heaven. :)

19. DojoDan

I sill need to pick that up. Trouble is I've been saying that so long now it's doubled in price lol.

Edit: Luckily there's a nice copy on bids so Im in for that woo!

ninty72 likes this.
  20. ninty72

Dangerous Seeds by namcot arrived for me yesterday. It was cheap as chips as it had no instructions luckly i knew someone was selling a manual ! Bonus.

Got another bargain from usa of all places coming soon , cheaper buying it from there with postage and duty ( boo ) than from someone in the uk or euro.

DojoDan and TheAtom like this.
  21. TheAtom

Smokes! That's a great deal you got there then!!

ninty72 likes this.
  22. ninty72

The thing with shooters like DojoDan mentioned if you dont pick them up when you have the spare money to do so six months later it'll cost you double.

DojoDan and TheAtom like this.
  23. TheAtom

[​IMG]

I feel like this should be the forum's motto...

DankZaku, zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  24. ninty72

Woohoo my £25 including postage jpn megadrive shooter arrived today in less than 5 days to, duty free ! Woohoo,

[​IMG] peeps in europe are asking £70 + for it , so I'm well pleased :)

Terramax, DankZaku and TheAtom like this.
  25. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Super Pang and Mr Do! on the (hacked) SNES classic mini.