Currently Playing - All Consoles

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Terramax, Dec 29, 2017.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Pang's awesome. Use to play that a lot on the Amiga. ninty72 That's a great price mate. Looks tidy as well. I was planning on going for Hellfire (which ended at £19) but I held off. I've got other things that need money throwing at them so game wise I'm trying to be good (saved a bit for Shikondo from play-asia today, a shoot emp up if you're interested as well). Whip Rush is another I need. Have you played that?

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

On 3DS stil busy with Pokémon Ultra Moon, Stardew Valley on the Switch and replaying Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (because my US Vita copy doesn't come with the DLC offcourse) on PC and playing AudioSurf in between.

DojoDan likes this.
  3. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

£19 for hellfire ? ...you should have snapped it up at that price ;)

Have i played Whip Rush .....well heres my copy ....;)

[​IMG]

It's a tidy little shooter a Sega exclusive to boot.

This bad boy arrived today ...you only have to see the word Toaplan to know it's a good un .... Fire Shark

[​IMG]

My mega collecting is taking me over at the min , abit like pokemon games ...gotta catch them all !

4. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Man, it's so great to see retro gamers on this forum!

Currently playing:

Backgammon Blitz, Hustle Kings and a little Luftrausers on the Vita.

The original Wipeout on the Playstation one. One of my all-time favourite games, period (my name 'Terramax' derives from this title).

Not played the Nintendo Switch for a good 2 or 3 weeks now, sadly. All other consoles are currently boxed up. But thinking of purchasing the original Grand Theft Auto for the PSone. It's a shame that the rumour of it coming to the Vita never surfaced.

DojoDan likes this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'd love to have the original GTAs on the Vita. They're so much fun still. ninty72 I know 19 quid is cheap but I've just paid car ins and I'll have tax soon as well. I love Toaplan tho. Fire Shark and Truxton are my fav 2 shoot em ups on the Megadrive. Keep buying for it mate, there's loads to discover on it.

Terramax likes this.
  6. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

oh man original GTA on the vita would be awesome, that game is still great fun to play

I'm currently 70 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and just started on Wolfenstein 2 both on Switch....

7. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Well, I've technically 2 weeks holiday now (but working part time at another job to help pay for my wedding ceremony), so I've actually got time to play video games!

Playstation Vita: I took out for the Vita TV for the first time in over a year and played several titles I've not done so in a long time. Standout was Wipeout Pure though. Great to see that game on the big screen. If only there was a way to increase the resolution. Another was Persona Dancing All Night.

Took out the PS2 console for some Tenchu: Stealth Assassins as well as others in the series.

On the Switch, I downloaded Resident Evil Revelations 2, purely for the raid mode. It's pretty darn fun. I'm also downloading Battle Supremacy, my first tank game, I think, so looking forward to sinking some time into that too.

lesdennis, TheAtom and warwolf like this.
  8. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Main game is Dungeon Travellers 2 on the Vita. I love first person grid based dungeon crawlers and fanservice doesnt make it worse. :)

On PS4 I play Neverwinter and Gran Turismo Sport when I need a change. Really great games imo.

Also playing Final Fantasy II on my phone when Im on the bus and similar occations. Good so far but those old rpgs dont give you much hints.

DojoDan likes this.
  9. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, Dungeon Travelers was so much fun. Still need to grind for that final trophy once...

warwolf likes this.
  10. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Whats Tenchu like almost 20 years later? :) Ahh... I remember how much I played to master Stealth Assassins (Grand Master on all the patterns).

Terramax likes this.
  11. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

haha same here, it was such an awesome game, it was very satisfying when you could clear a whole level undetected

Terramax and warwolf like this.
  12. TheAtom

I guess the usual threads would've been okay, but this feels like it's somewhat become the general 'what are you playing' thread, so it's cool :D

I've been playing mostly on my PS4 and Vita. On the PS4 I've still been playing Overwatch. The new event has some pretty fun stuff, and I'm slowly getting used to the new Symmetra! Slowly, but I fairly often get gold medals on eliminations, hero damage and objective kills so I feel like it's moving in the right direction. I am but a lowly bronze (and a low lowly bronze at that) but it's cool to finally manage some stuff with a non-healer character.

Me and my wife also have been playing Rayman: Legends on the PS4 and goddammit! What started out as a cute platformer for more people turned into a complex frustrationfest! We find ourselves unable to stop when we "know we can do it!" and it's turned into quite a frustrating time playing already more than once (twice, to be exact xD). Some of these levels are tough! But it's still fun! Kind of.

When we don't want to get too frustrated with Rayman, we play Freedom Wars together, which is just so much fun! We pretty much finished the story mode, and, well, the story sucks. The setting (post-apocalyptic 1984 panopticon style) is cool, rivalry between different 'cons is also cool! Spoiler alert!
    Non-spoiler version: the actual story within that setting is promising, but does not cash out any of the interesting ideas thrown around, and chooses to go elaborate (only a little though) on their worst ideas. I would've much more preferred Beatrice (pronounced Beatreechi, which is fun) to be left out completely, and just have a story about post-apocalypse 1984 panopticon-style society with rivalry for resources and maybe a 'them' that is working behind the scenes to... I don't know, keep the people from not knowing, from slavishly working, etc. etc. Would've been cool.

I also play MeiQ by myself (no coop here). I think I just finished the second tower, pretty much, and it's a lot of fun! The characters are okay. The art's nice but not amazing either, the dungeon crawling's cool, but where it really shines is the battle system (and setting up your party and equipment and whatnot). There is ridiculous depth in the elemental system and how to match up Guardians with Players. It can leave me fine-tuning my setup forever, take in some grinding on Hard difficulty to test out my setup and I'm ready to go battle the boss! When I then finally beat it, it is just so satisfying!! I'm curious to find out whether I'll be able to get the 'finish on hard' trophy by just finishing the game on hard while switching back and forth the difficulties in the rest of the game. I kind of hope so, because it's really ideal to map out the dungeon on normal and then grind on hard for more XP and Gold. :D

warwolf likes this.
  13. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

You're so lucky to have a wife to play this game with. I was really into this title at one point, but then I had absolutely no idea how the levelling up or upgrading worked, and I couldn't tell whether I had good or bad weapons or what. Too many times fighting enemies for 45 goddamn minutes and then, just as they're about to die, the time runs out. Why the hell is there a timer? And why on earth does anyone think a 45 minute, nonstop battle against a single enemy is fun? Well, I guess lots of people considering how popular the Monster Hunter series is.

I actually enjoyed a lot of the story, which is why I've often been tempted to rebuy the game. But, yeah, realistically I'm not going to spend that kind of time on a single battle. RE Revelation 2's 5-10 minute raid modes are much more to my liking.

warwolf likes this.
  14. TheAtom

Yep I really am! That sounds exactly like my experience playing the game first time around by myself. I think the way going through the story works when playing with others makes it perhaps a little less engaging (we did all missions for a single code after one another, and then go through the whole story of a single code), but I mostly thought a lot of the cool stuff they were setting just didn't end up being used well whatsoever. The missions are definitely WAY too long for single-player, and failing a tough mission you want to beat several times can be horrible.

I actually initially sold my copy as well (which is the only game I ever sold) because I rage quit (for exactly your reason: ran out of time a few times on a 45 mins mission and I was like 'fuck this shiiiiit'), but then when I started looking into games to play coop, it started looking like a lot of fun again. Second time around, I haven't played a single time by myself, and I'm sure that was the right call. The battles become a lot more fun when you can organize, plan and strategize with someone else.