Deemo The Last Recital due this Spring - possibly physical.

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

From PM Studios Facebook

Good Monday! PM Studios and Acttil are excited to announce that the emotionally evocative music game Deemo: The Last Recital™ is coming to the PlayStation®Vita system via PlayStation®Network, available to fans in the North American & European markets this spring.

Players will fall in love with this heart-wrenching urban fantasy story, brought to life with gorgeous hand-drawn artwork, and sink into the beautiful piano melodies throughout the world of Deemo: The Last Recital.

Originally released on iOS and Android, Deemo has been downloaded well over 5 million times, garnering overwhelmingly positive reviews. Over the years, on the-go players have found themselves drawn into this calming yet emotionally engaging game.

Now PlayStation Vita owners can experience this stunning game in the west!

In the comments section, someone asked if it was getting a physical release & the reply was, it's a surprise.

Despite owning about 3 copies of this game, including the Limited Edition, I'm up for a physical PAL or US release.

zodaex likes this.
  2. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
  3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Retro8bit likes this.
  4. Mr Tornado

Retro8bit likes this.
  5. Retro8bit

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I certainly hope so. I've come so close to importing it in the past, would love a translated version to have on my shelf.

6. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

A translated version...? I own an imported copy and the box is entirely in English and as far as I remember the entire game was english too.

7. Retro8bit

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Sorry, I meant translated "US" version. As I'm currently going for a complete North American Vita collection.

8. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Seems like a weird move to make a physical release... i just don't think it will sell well given the asian release. This could then become detrimental to future physical releases of their games

9. legalalien

legalalien Member

To be honest the game is nothing more than mediocre. Nobody needs it, if you keep in mind that there are so many better rhythm games out there (Hatsune Miku, Persona and Xonic). I´m glad that I´ve sold it already without loss.

10. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

I thought that this game was pretty charming on the smartphone but the amount of optional music packs put me off ultimately, so I will keep my eyes on this one.

11. legalalien

legalalien Member

As you´ve written before: On the smartphone! It is worth 0,99 Cents - 2,99 Euro? Indeed! Is it worth the price of 40 bucks? Not at all. The touch controls aren´t that great. Often the game doesn´t recognize your touch on the more demanding parts. That sucks! The same problem appears on DJ Max Technica Tune on Vita. The song selection isn´t that great either. Classic to pop and nothing remarkable for the European-/US-player. If you need to own every rhythm game on this system then go ahead. If you own already two of the better games in this genre then stay away, because the best part of the game is the animation.

12. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

So this is the same game as the one some of us imported the English Asia copy of already?

13. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

Has price already been confirmed? From what I recall there are a lot of piano pieces in this game, I like that. I won't drop down 40 euro on this if that is launch price, but I might reconsider at 15-20.

14. legalalien

legalalien Member

Yes, it is!

Dee0342
    New Vita games in stores aren´t available for under 30 bucks, often for 40 bucks. If you keep in mind that Deemo is one of the last retail games over here, I don´t think it will drop the price tag anytime soon.

15. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Lumo on release day was £18

16. legalalien

legalalien Member

29,99 Euro here in Germany. ;) Let´s wait and see. I´m done with Deemo. I don´t want again.

17. Mr Tornado

Launching digitally on the 18 April on US PSN. Physical details to be announced soon apparently.

18. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

So is it digital only in Europe or is it getting a physical release here as well? Kinda hope its digital only as I already have the Asian version and don't really see the need to buy it twice beyond collection reasons!