Digimon: Cyber Sleuth Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by tubers, Jun 19, 2014.

1. tubers

tubers Well-Known Member

2. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    Oh yeah looking good can't wait to get my hands on this in 2015

3. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 Well-Known Member

GAAAH AWESOME!!! we need this localized. Massive digimon fan over here

4. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Such fond memories of my childhood, tweens, and even teen years =( I signed that petition by the way, this is absolutely worth localizing and with a retail release. Trailer was fun too, though I noticed the one of sight/pathing for Digimon to follow you is a bit off, as you can easily outrun them.

jimmy_123 likes this.
  5. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Gameplay is looking great. Despite remembering the original screens likely being developer shots and not actually on the Vita, this gameplay trailer makes the game look absolutely gorgeous. I am a huge Digimon fan, and this game will definitely remain on my import list, unless they announce a localization before it comes out in Japan.

I love how it looks like you'll have some free-roam aspects with the 3D environments. Like the free-roam in games like Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, it looks like the developers are working hard on making the game a huge, explorable experience. Now, if only they would show some footage with Lilymon and they would have my purchase even more instantly <3

jimmy_123 and Kurisutina like this.
  6. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 Well-Known Member

pfft lilymon talk about fan service :p, but seriously as predictable as this is if it gets localized I will have WarGreymon, there is no pokemon that can match WarGreymon in any category plus I hope they put some fusions or something in like Omnimon would be badass.

7. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    just to ruffle your jimmies a bit, I propose that Omega Groudon can absolutely match WarGreymon, same with Mega Charizard X =P!
    Now to slide back ontopic, this game is developed by Media.Vision, who are also working on Shining Resonance for PS3. They sure get around lol The environments actually look really nice, even though the celshading makes the characters stand out in a strange way. This trailer was quite a tease battle wise. I wanted to see how the battle animations connected with each other, not just the signature moves being used (which did look good, can't wait to see that on my actual Vita). 2015 is just so far away...However there's no question that this is definitely an anticipated title for that year. I'm hoping for more at TGS too, lots more.

jimmy_123 likes this.
  8. tubers

tubers Well-Known Member

I hope TGS goes well for the VITA.

9. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    I think that goes without saying my friend. TGS is the final bastion, the straw that breaks the camels back, etc for Vita. E3 was the last chance for people to not be raging. Gamescom if that goes bad, there's pitch forks. TGS, if that goes bad...let's just say the market will be flooded with used Vitas. Assuming they aren't already getting quite a few of them from now through summer as it is. To be honest, I don't think Sony can afford to screw up Vita in Japan. It's their best selling platform in the territory, PS4 is below WiiU there right now as it is. Now of course they have the blind optimism that once Japan gets the games they want, it'll be fine but...the games they want...aren't going to be on PS4. Dragon Quest? Mobile, 3DS, or maybe the pity WiiU release. Final Fantasy could be damaged, let's hope it was just people tired of Lightning instead. Metal Gear hasn't sold as well as it used to, and it just keeps going like that.

Vita had to struggle without those releases at all, effectively living on NISA, Falcom, and other smaller japanese houses, plus SCJEA support in the form of Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars (with a side of Gravity Rush). It's a wonder this title is exclusive to Vita, I hope it's indicative of what SCEJA has in store. Spend the money on more money hats from Japan if that's what the plan is going forward, and of course, make sure it gets localized xD

tubers likes this.
  10. tubers

tubers Well-Known Member

I think the PS4 would do ok with MGSV: PP, KH3, XV, inevitable GTA 6 and RE. Not saying mind blowing sales tho.

A part of me still thinks Sony isn't giving up on the VITA (and even doing a "suicide" successor) since it's the 2nd best selling current gen console in Japan.

It seems that BaMco and Tecmo Koei has been fairly supportive, if not the largest 3rd party pillars the VITA has in Japan.

I'd like to see SS 2 or a teaser of it this TGS but I'm not sure if Comcept and SCEJ was happy with Delta's performance.

I hope Digi: CS and PS Nova remain exclusive for at least 3 years.

11. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Looks interesting. I dont know a thing about Digimon though.

12. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    There have been several series of Digimon anime series since the original Digimon Adventure from back in the 90's. Adventure. Adventure 2. Tamers. Frontier. Data Squad. Xros Wars/Fusion. There have been a lot of games as well. Most of them are somewhat similar to Pokemon, where you have Digimon and train them to allow them to learn new attacks and they evolve into more powerful forms, kind of like Pokemon do. But a Monster-Training game like Pokemon. Though Digimon normally consists of more party-based fights, having multiple digimon out at once, rather than Pokemon's normal flow of only one Pokemon out at the same time (outside of double battles).

It won't be the same, but here's an example of a battle taking place in Digimon World 2 on the PS1.

I don't know exactly how Cyber Sleuth will handle it, but some of the more recent Digimon games encouraged, De-volving the digimon as well. One of the Nintendo DS games allowed you to return them to a low level and when they would level up again, they would have higher stats that you could basically infinitely do until all of your stats were maxed out.

Some of the Digimon games in the past have been based around a specific anime series, but from the looks of this, it doesn't, so it may not be too hard to get into it with this game. Though, honestly, I would highly recommend you watch Digimon Adventure. It was a really nice anime that I still love re-watching. Xros Wars is also pretty good, though I haven't watched its dub, "Digimon Fusion".

tubers and Kurisutina like this.
  13. LegendDXVII

LegendDXVII New Member

Super Excited for this.

14. tomzwalker

tomzwalker Member

I know TVL's twitter have retweeted about this, but I'm surprised no one bring it here
    http://gematsu.com/2014/06/bandai-n...ocalization-petition-reaches-50000-signatures
    Well, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy that Bandai Namco noticed the petition from the fans. On the other hand, I'm very sad that we need to "beg" the company to actually play a game from them. Even when the petition reached the target, it still won't ensure the localization. Who knows Bandai Namco will raise the number for petition to make them reconsider again.

15. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    To be fair, something important that we all need to keep in mind, is that 50 000 signatures does not equal 50 000 purchasers. It's just enough to say there "potential interest" from 50 000 people, which allows for discussion internally as to whether or not they bring the project. I believe, that what we need to do going forward, is to have a "kickstarter" like platform for localizations and other projects. Where, instead of taking away from indie devs who need the help, we provide a venue for publishers to say "look, here's a game we want to localize but we don't have the confidence." And people would put their money where their mouth is by funding it. Now I'm sure that may rub people the wrong way as well but begging for games is the reality of not just Vita fans but those whom are part of different niches. Even Nintendo fans have to beg for games from franchises which do not make as much money for Nintendo. I just wish a platform was made that could translate the begging into real dollars, which would be the best show of confidence for a project.