Do you import games from other countries?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by SasukeTheRipper, Dec 26, 2015.

1. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

The question stands in the thread title ;)
    The last game that I had to import was Resident Evil: Revelations 2, because I wanted to have the physical version of the game.

2. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I bought an English Asian copy of Soul Sacrifice Delta because I didn't want to settle for a digital version.

3. SasukeTheRipper

Do you know where I can still buy the game? I can't find anything for a good price.

4. Kalvort

Kalvort Member

I live in Kuwait so most of my games are imported anyway!! But we do have alot of shops here that sell a mix of NTSC, Pal and some Asian releases too. Personally I am buying NTSC games along with a few Asian/Japanese releases. I have recently made a small purchase through Play-Asia too so will see how that goes. And most of my games I buy online from Amazon/eBay because they are cheaper even after the import costs (since I buy multiple games at a time) So yes, importing always and for most game consoles too.

5. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I was lucky and was in the right place at the right time... Most sellers now are charging ridiculous amounts. Sorry, but I have no easy answer to that question. :confused:

6. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm in the UK & have imported games from:

USA
    Canada
    France
    Germany
    Spain
    Australia
    Japan
    Singapore
    Hong Kong

7. SasukeTheRipper

8. Mr Tornado

£140.00! :eek:

9. SasukeTheRipper

It was the only offer that I could find :(

The last game that I imported was Resident Evil: Revelations 2. I am thinking about getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus and Ragnarok Odyssey ACE next.

10. Mr Tornado

:(

Just had a look at completed auctions & in November there were some on sale for around £40.00. Have you got saved searches for eBay in case other cheaper auctions surface?

If I see any copies for sale online, I will let you know. :)

SasukeTheRipper likes this.
  11. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

Play-Asia and Buygame2 are like my go-to sites these days. I mean, I still buy the majority of my stuff from UK (mostly Shopto and Grainger), but I'd say I import at least 5-10 games a year. Mostly Asian-English stuff with the occasional Japanese-only game I want to try (i.e. Tales of Innocence R; Gundam Breaker; Irregular at Magic High School). Stuff that's playable without understanding the language.

I also import USA-English copies if we don't get them physically in PAL regions, such as Muramasa or Walking Dead.

So yeah, loads. Never did it before I owned Vita either. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 were the games to kick it all off for me :p

12. SasukeTheRipper

Thanks! I am hoping for it to be a PS+ title in the news future or I am just getting the Japanese version without understanding anything but the texts aren't that important anyway at least not in Soul Sacrifice (Delta) :D

13. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I import games all the time (not just for the Vita), next month I'll be grabbing the Japanese physical release of Darius for the Vita (can't wait) along with the Japanese release of the latest Yakuza game. Plus I want to grab a few Japanese Vita titles I'm short for my collection.

14. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

If another region/country gets a physical version that interests me than I will most likely import it.

From the UK I bought:
    New Little King's Story

From Asia I bought:
    Resident Evil Revelations 2
    Deception IV
    Samurai Warriors II

15. Gotrek Gurnisson

Gotrek Gurnisson Well-Known Member

Ireland here. Most of my games are imported due to little to none exposure of vita in irish shops and very limited selection. Amazon.uk,es,fr,de,com ;game, base.com also vgp+ and play-asia occasionaly are my places to go.
    Plus whenever i travel i tend to bring back some vita games as souvenirs for myself.

16. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

I guess it is not technically an import if I buy stuff fom other countries in the EU, but I get a lot of stuff from shopto.net. Even with shipping it is sometimes cheaper to get new games from there than the swedish online stores.

I have also used amazon US, vg+ and playasia. The shipment from playasia took forever to arrive, I had to pay customs fees and taxes, and one of the games case was broken. Never ordering from there again...

17. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Technically, I guess. Some things don't get a physical releases in Canada but do in the US, like Steins;Gate. I buy a lot of stuff that comes from the US, I think that's pretty normal for anyone in Canada who shops online - only the occasional game though, since US and Canadian releases generally line up with each other.

I've a small list of games I'd like to import after learning to read Japanese... but that'll probably never happen.

18. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

Yes.

I am from Spain and I import mainly from:

US
    Asia (several countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Hong-Kong and Japan)
    Canada
    France
    UK

19. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    Yes I imported Gundam breaker 2 from playasia to NA. If GB 3 doesn't come west I intend to import that one. I plan on importing physical copies of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Steins Gate