Do you like Shantae Games? Do you like the PS-TV? Help me nag Wayforward!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I really enjoyed Shantae Pirates Curse, so much so that I double dipped and bought 2 copies of it on 3DS. With a brand new Shantae game 's release immanent you can probably understand my excitement to see that a Vita version of the game was coming, Half Genie Hero. When the pre-order for the game went up on Amazon I immediately ordered it, with the assumption in my mind that since Wayforward's A Boy and His Blob was PS-TV whitelisted that surely Shantae would too. Well I googled around online to try and find a definitive answer from the devs if it would be whitelisted and found this unfortunate post on the developer's official forums: https://wayforward.com/wayforums/topic/no-shgh-pstv-version/

Cybergirl007: Is there going to be a PSTV version of S:HGH as according the following article, it has reportedly been dropped? If there will not be a separate PSTV version will the Vita version work on the PSTV?

Sorsha-WFadministrator: We’ve confirmed that PSTV has been discontinued, so this is no longer a platform that we’re able to support.

It sounds to me like the person asking this question and the forum administrator from Wayforward both misunderstand the simplicity of making a game that's already for the Vita also work on PS-TV. Cybergirl007 doesn't seem to understand that the PS-TV and Vita versions of games are the same release, almost speaking as if a separate version of the game would have to be produced. Then Sorsha from Wayforward acts as if since the PS-TV is discontinued it's not a platform that they'd be able to support. But this is a game that is also on Playstation 4! I don't see any reason that if the PS4 controller on a PS4 is perfectly enough to play this game with then the PS4 controller on a PS-TV wouldn't be? It makes no sense. Anyway I took the initiative to start a thread about the issue on Wayforward's forums since it genuinely sounds like they aren't that informed about the simplicity of the process. That thread is here https://wayforward.com/wayforums/topic/please-ask-sony-to-whitelist-half-genie-hero-on-ps-tv/ .

I noticed that their forums allows sign in from all sorts of commonly used website accounts like Google, Microsoft Live and Facebook. If you already have one of these accounts then it would only take you a few seconds to pop onto my thread I started and have your voice heard by the developers about whitelisting the game on PS-TV. I just get the feeling for some reason that the folks at Wayforward are good people and if 10-20 of us make a quick post just to mention that you would appreciate the game to work on PS-TV then the likelihood is huge that it will happen! Their forums are not that active and it's clear to me by glancing over it that the admins read everybody's support concerns. Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    stiggsen likes this.
  2. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Done. :)

zodaex likes this.
  3. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up! I've posted aswell, hope it gets made compatible

zodaex likes this.
  4. zodaex

That post of yours was beautiful, thank you so much! I'm in the same boat as you I cancelled my pre-order as well. I'm very optimistic that we can make a difference if we simply have our voices heard. What is that old saying? "The sweaky wheel gets the grease". :) Thanks again for your support .

5. lesdennis

6. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

And i responded to that response because i think its a pile of doodoo what this guy gave as an answer. To me it seems that this forum is a dead end. This guy acts as an administrator but from what he has answered i asume that he also administrate forums for catfood, imported silicon penguins and vegan ccoking books...he probably is only hired to response to forum threads but has probably no clue or insight whatsoever.
    So probably this forum is a deadend, maybe twitter or facebook will provoke more serious answers as its more public than their little amateur forum. I dont know. Its kinda sad really, especially if the pstv is your only vitalike option as it is the case for zodaex.

zodaex likes this.
  7. lesdennis

oh yeah the response did seem like a general fob off, I like how he blames dropping the PSTV compatibility in order to 'make our date'.. it was due out in blooming October

zodaex likes this.
  8. zodaex

Yeah I really wish Shorsha would have given a more detailed answer. The fact of the matter is, threw hacking we know that all but what?, 4 Vita games boot up and run perfectly fine on the PS-TV without any special modifications. The only few that don't are Hyperdemension Rebirth 1, Tetris Ultimate, Uncharted Golden Abyss and that one RPG I forget the name of that polls the Vita's GPS at some point to proceed with the game. The chances are about 99% in Shantae HGH's favor that it would just work perfectly as-is without any special modifications other than sending Sony an email to ask for whitelisting. I suppose if I ever find the Wii-U version of this for under 20 bucks i'll get it, however it's disappointing because I have too many game consoles to justify leaving my Wii-U hooked up all the time, so I don't expect to spend very much time playing this one as I did Pirate's Curse which was luckily on 3DS.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. zodaex

Sorsha gave me a definitive no answer finally today.

ZodaEX:
    Sorsha is there a possibility of whitelisting the game post-launch on PSTV? At this point my pre-order has been cancelled but if you were able to test and whitelist Half Genie hero a few weeks or months down the line then I would have that to look forward to. Can you tell us the likelihood that might happen?

SorshaWF:
    There is currently no plans to port/whitelist the game to PSTV.

Looks like I was wrong about the ease of talking Wayforward into whitelisting Shantae. Still, i'm glad I spoke up and made my voice heard. Good thing i've got an account at iptorrents :D . I don't need their support to play Half Genie Hero, but if they aren't going to support my platform of choice then I won't support them with my money. Oh well, they seem to be doing fine doing what they're doing.

10. LTWasabi

LTWasabi Member

Shantae HGH is confirmed for psv right? A definite buy for me! Would be great if it supports PSTV too, no bull with touchscreen and rear pad (Yes GOW, your Rear Touch implementation was crap)

11. zodaex

You know, you could have helped me make this happen.. Not enough people demonstrated their interest in this so now we aren't getting HGH on PS-TV.

12. LTWasabi

LTWasabi Member

Sorry man. But I recently got the vita. (~2-3 weeks back) also found out about Shantae HGH being developed for the vita only a few days back. Guess the best I could do now is to get Shantae HGH on launch day :)

13. zodaex

I ended up caving and settling on getting the Wii U version. It's just a shame to be so damn close to having it on PS-TV only to loose it. In a way though I think it's interesting to have all the Shantae games spread over such random platforms.

Shantae 1- GBC
    Shantae 2- PS4
    Shantae 3- 3DS
    Shantae 4 - Wii U

Kind of funny how my set flips back and forth between handheld and console. If only Shantae 1 had been Supergameboy compatible ... haha.