Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by SasukeTheRipper, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

Does anybody still play PSP games on the PS Vita?

I got both God of War games some time ago (4€ each) and there are also some other games that I wanna try out like The Third Birthday.

2. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

Definitely, and PS1. PSTV is a great option for them as well. For PSP it is especially cool that you can map to the 2nd thumbstick.

3. RK128

RK128 Well-Known Member

Yep :).

The Vita is a wonderful platform to play PSP games on. Touch screen X button for RPG's, camera mapping to the right stick and great screen making games pop all make the Vita a treat to play PSP and PS1 games on :).

The Crash/Spyro series look amazing on Vita 1000's :').

4. Mateus

Mateus Active Member

Not played so much. But I have a loooooong listof PSP games to play on Vita. Some games that I want to play are: Tactics Ogre, some Ys games, Corpse Party, Final Fantasy Tactics, The Third Birthday, among others.

5. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I don't play many (plenty of great Vita titles to play instead), but I am playing Trails in the Sky SC (a PSP title) at the moment.

PSP/PSOne emulation on the Vita seems pretty flawless IMO

6. Eni

Eni Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    CommonComitatus
    PSP and PSOne here, and enjoy both. Right now I'm playing Trails In The Sky, and notwithstanding the obvious weaker graphics, which can be a bit distracting if you're coming off the back of current Vita titles, it runs as smooth as anything.

7. Kyonko

Kyonko Member

I can't, my PS Vita model doesn't have a UMD drive :p

Seriously though, I still have my PSP 1003 model and still works perfectly (in the middle of playing Valkyria Chronicles 3)

8. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I'm all about physical gaming, so I play UMD PSP games on PSP. Still waiting for Summon Night 5...

I have Tactics Ogre and Jeanne D'Arc left in my backlog, and there's a few other PSP games I may get in the future.

9. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I tried to get into the playing PSP on Vita scene but I got bit in the ass hard on the first attempt and am very weary of wasting any more money on this concept. As a longtime Castlevania nerd, the very first thing I did when I got my PS TV was buying Dracula X Chronicles for PSP on the PSN network with the understanding that the Vita has a built in PSP emulator...... Well the PS TV won't even attempt to launch the game, telling me it's not compatible with my system... Well it sure didn't have a problem taking my money from me making this purchase, downloading and even completely installing the game threw my PS TV but it won't launch the game. How convent for Sony and how inconvenient for me. Well i'm done. I'm fucking done. That's the first and last PSP game I will ever buy in my entire lifetime. I always thought the PSP was a stupid system, and now that i've purchased my first PSP game I think it's even stupider. There's a reason the DS and 3DS have been firmly on top of the market the entire time. They are better systems overall. When you buy a game from the eshop, in my experience, it always works. And i've bought a ton of games from the eshop so if anyone would know, it's me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  10. Mateus

Mateus Active Member

How do you buy this game? It is disponible on PSN on Vita TV or do you take it through PC/PS3/PS4? Because all compatibility lists that I've been seen lists Dracula X as non compatible with Vita TV.

11. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

I still play my PSP and have a pretty large physical collection for it so I don't buy too many games for it on Vita.
    Every once in a while if there is a good flash sale or something, I will buy a few games even if I already own it on PSP.
    Mainly just the rpg's/strategy rpg's.

12. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I do. They play great. Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows are real stand outs.

13. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I haven't got many PSP games on my Vita, just Ape Escape, Ape Quest, GTA: Liberty Stories, LBP, Pursuit Force, Resistance Retribution & Dead Head Fred. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't played any of them yet.:oops:

I've actually got 90+ physical games for my PSP, so I try not to buy it for the Vita if I already own the UMD to try & save some money. If they're going cheap though...

14. zodaex

I bought it threw the PSN Network. The thing is, now I know that you gotta do internet research beforehand to see is psp or even vita games work on it, but this was my very first digital PSP purchase I ever made with the Vita, and I had assumed that if my PS TV would sell and take my money for the game, that it would run. But I was wrong clearly, the Vita ain't no 3DS in terms of backwards compatibility unfortunately.

15. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Yes. Trails in the sky SC, Silent Hill, Monster Hunter, Valkyrie Chronicles and more. PSP and PSone games on the vita and vita tv is good stuff.

16. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

I have a quite a few digital PSP games on my download list that I have not played yet. Many of them will probably end up being played on Vita instead.

I am currently playing Cladun X2 on Vita. Such a colorful game and it looks great on the OLED screen (in all its pixel goodness!)

17. SasukeTheRipper

Am I the only one who is waiting for a new PSP sale?
    I really wanna get both GTAs and The 3rd Birthday.

ReDiR likes this.
  18. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    Yup, I have GTA Chinatown Wars and Liberty City Stories, FF7, FF9, FF tactics, FF DISSIDIA2, Chrono Cross and a few more i can't remember right now.

19. zodaex

Does Chinatown wars work on the PS-TV?

20. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
  21. zodaex

I don't know if i'd trust that list you linked though. It claims that Dead or Alive 4 is working on PS-TV, but that game not only was never released on Vita, but it also never came out to PSP either. I don't think the person who assembled that list knows what he's talking about.

22. Gotrek Gurnisson

Gotrek Gurnisson Well-Known Member

Got a second 64GB card just so I can keep my PSone and PSP collection on it.
    Works well for me, since my old psp 1000 died a while back.

23. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    I bought a PSP Go specifically offload my classics onto.
    Only problem I've encountered is MGS1 runs bad on PSP but I'm yet to investigate hacks that overclock the PSOne emulator.

24. SasukeTheRipper

I bought Dissidia Final Fantasy (9€) and The 3rd Birthday (10€) this week. I really like The 3rd Birthday, it has pretty good graphics for a PSP game that is running on the Vita.

25. EmbraceTheSystem

EmbraceTheSystem Member

Being able to map camera movement onto the right stick made MGS Peace Walker an absolute joy to play on the Vita. The camera movement on the PSP is the only thing that put me off playing it, and thus why i didn't complete it, so when i got my Day 1 Vita one of the first things i did was download Peace Walker onto it and start a fresh save. Spent more hours than i wish to admit over the next couple of months playing the game to completion. One of my favourite games of recent times really, some absolutely epic missions and boss battles. Made all the better by the Vita's second stick.