Do You Use System Music While Playing?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    This is a feature I had long forgotten even existed. System Music This is the feature that lets you keep playing and listening to the Music App on the Vita while you're inside and playing a game. Sometimes, musics clash and you need to turn one off, but it's still there.

Not all games support it, however. I have just tried and confirmed that it does not work with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and Tearaway, but there are other titles where the feature does work.

Have you ever used the feature while playing a game, to listen to your favorite MP3s while in the middle of a heated battle or grind session?

2. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Active Member

Probably never will. I can't spare the precious memory card space for mp3s.

Pata likes this.
  3. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    I do not use that feature at best I just listen to my itunes playlist on PC or my iTouch while playing vita.

4. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I substitute my own music for game music more often than not.

5. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

Oh wow, the vita has this feature? I tried listening to a podcast once while trying to play a game but it stopped the podcast so I never tried it again. Although I don't see myself putting music on the vita to spare some space, I only download tvl podcast to the vita once in a while and delete it after I've listened to it. Unless the game has some audio hints or I feel I'm probably gonna need to listen to see what's goin on I'll listen to music off of another device.

6. OtaXou

OtaXou Member

It's a neat feature, but I'll certainly never use it. I prefer to immerse myself entirely to the game, music included :)

ExcaliburEdge likes this.
  7. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I use it all the time, of course I only have a small personal favorite playlist on it to use minimal space on the vita.
    But once my 64gb arrives, I shouldn't have any problems. But in my honest opinion it comes in handy when playing
    certain games that need a quick morale boost.

8. antic604

antic604 Member

Obviously it's not fit for every game. In some of them music design is very important for the story / atmosphere to achieve full effect or is important for gameplay (e.g. Rayman games), but with others - in particular those with level/grinding-based progression (e.g. Spelunky, Stealth Inc., Terraria, etc.) - it works very well.

Unfortunatelly, Vita's limited storage can be a problematic if you want to maintain a versatile music library on the device :mad:

Still, it's great to have this option even if I rarely use it :)

9. lightfellow

lightfellow Member

Really? I didn't know that the vita could do that...

What games do you play with your own music?

10. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Never have and probably never will put music on my vita.

11. APA

APA Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    APA_ZAROZO
    I use this feature a lot, when playing Dragon's Crown and Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed (if there aren't any friends to play with). Ys Memories of Celceta is compatible with this feature, but... its OST is waaay too awesome as to replace it.
    I usually have a playlist of my favorite songs that came on the Ys Silver Anniversay Edition 3 OST CD's. :D

12. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I use it vary rare playing a game! But I do use it while im drawing a drawing.

13. Kevling

Kevling Member

This.

Oh, and also the fact that it never even crossed my mind to try.

14. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    I did until I had no more room for games so I removed all of my music. That was a year ago but now I just use my phone instead. I believe all games should have that feature.

15. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I don't even have any music on my Vita ;) I usually listen to Podcasts on my phone while playing, unless the game requires me to listen to it, e.g. no subtitles or a sound-oriented title. Obviously, I'm talking more about the 'indie' titles here, which you don't really need to listen to. I wouldn't play Mercenary or Tearaway without the sound.

16. RE_Player

RE_Player Member

I prefer listening to the game's soundtrack as I want to be fully immersed. I only listened to podcasts while cleaning up the trophies in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

17. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I think I would go insane if I had to listen to the soundtrack to Jak 2: Renegade ;) If the music/sound design is worth it, I switch over to the Vita. I give every game a chance.