Does anyone own one of those Gamestop exclusive Blue Vita Slims?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by zodaex, Aug 28, 2018.

1. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I was just thinking the other day about how the U.S. Gamestop baby Blue slim is probably one of the rarer hardware variants out there. Wasn't the Vita slim it's self only available in the U.S. for about 2 years tops? I remember when these first went on sale I considered getting one because I didn't have a Vita at the time, but in the end decided not too because i'm not a big fan of the washed out Easter-themed looking colors.

2. MoMoMo

MoMoMo Well-Known Member

Easter-themed? Washed out?

I have the Asian version of the Aqua Blue model and it's everything but washed out - it's pretty vibrant instead!

zodaex likes this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I got the Asian (Japanese actually) blue Slim as well. I am not even sure if the Slim was ever in stores here even...

4. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I own an Aqua Blue PS Vita as well. I'm not a fan of the color blue but this Vita got my attention.

zodaex likes this.
  5. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

I have one, sealed, and you’re right they are getting rare. The box is a testament to the Vita’s death beginning even then: the back advertises Telltale’s Borderland game which never released :)

zodaex likes this.
  6. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Wow that's got to me an really awesome item to have collection-wise. Especially for somebody in the USA because as far as I know that's the only special L.E. color we ever got in the states. (to my knowledge). Now I regret skipping out on getting one! I think I expected more colors to eventually roll around but they never did, so I ended up going for Japanese models at the end. I wanted that damn Tales from the Borderlands game on Vita! I remember we were definitely supposed to get that from them along with Minecraft Story Mode.

7. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s great to have! I prefer collecting NTSC systems due to the proper button mapping, etc. we also got the white Assasin’s Creed bundle which I have, alongside the 3G Walking Dead bundle which is my main :) It is shameful how Telltale dropped Vita without a second thought after leading Sony along and allowing them to advertise on system packaging.

TheAtom likes this.
  8. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I can't shake the feeling maybe Sony pulled the plug though