Dragon Quest Builders announced for Vita/PS3/PS4 in Japan

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Goro, Jul 8, 2015.

1. dango23

dango23 Well-Known Member

Well, making that pc port cost way more resources than just program translations into an already existing game. Its not like pc ports sell way much more than vita versions. Many other publisher/developers are able to do it on both, such as KT, Bandai, its really whether the physical release is worth it or not.

2. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

The thing with the PC port is that you can at the least use the PC port as a basis to apply it to more platforms, -and- the steam market means the PC port will stay around for a loooooong time. It's definitely worth putting more resources in PC than in vita for that reason, and I suspect the reason KT and Bandai can do it is because their engines already are multiplatforms, so they spend less time porting stuff.

New games from scratch, on the other hand... are much more difficult to port.

dango23 likes this.
  3. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

Setsuna and Adventures of Mana are built on Unity, an engine literally designed to be multi-platform. The "use the PC version as a base to port it to other platforms" (what other platforms? XB1? lol) is BS. So is the idea that there's any noticeable cost associated with dumping the already existing English script into the already existing Vita builds.

Digit likes this.
  4. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

There you go, thanks!

Simplest thing I can think of is they just don't want to spend any manpower doing so, anyway.

5. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Did i miss something here? Where is this English script for Dragon Quest Builders that you speak of?

6. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

I was talking about Setsuna and Adventures of Mana, though there's a rumour going around that Builders is getting localized. Knowing Square, I'm sure it won't be on Vita.

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Builders is coming West.

Square Enix is bringing Dragon Quest Builders to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America and Europe this October, the company announced. The PlayStation 4 version will launch at retail and the PS Vita version via the PlayStation Store.

The block-building RPG will see players use their creativity to gather and combine a variety of unique tools and materials in order to rebuild Alefgard, a realm destroyed by the evil ruler of monsters, the Dragonlord.

The game offers sandbox-style gameplay combined with an “immersive story” and allows players to interact with a host of characters and monsters. Players can create an “infinite variety” of structures, in response to “extravagant requests” from citizens in need of new homes. It promises a control system that is both “easy-to-learn and quick-to-master.”

Via Gematsu

8. dango23

dango23 Well-Known Member

When I first read this on gematsu, I thought I read it wrong, but square is actually bring non-FF games in to the west on vita, even its just digital.

9. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it didn't say "Dragon Quest Builders heading west to PS4; Vita version gets canned, but iOS, Android and Steam versions are in the works!"

Shame about the digital only, but at least it's something. I expected much less of S-E.

Pata likes this.
  10. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Im really happy that it comes to the West. But for me as a Person who hates Digital Games this is stupid. The Only hope i now have is an Asia English Release. And since Final Fantasy X and X-2 got one there is at least 1% of a possible Asia English release.

11. Archbreaker

Archbreaker Member

At least we can add Dragon Quest Builders to the list of exciting Vita games arriving west in 2016.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    SunnyWindy and Flying_Pig like this.
  12. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

Better than not being released at all I suppose. I am going to buy it digitally, insert my Jpn cartridge version, launch the digital version and pretend I am playing an English physical version.

Pata, stiggsen and Mr Tornado like this.
  13. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Hehe. And using our Dragon Quest Metal Slime Vitas. :D

Colorado Rockie likes this.
  14. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

lol! :D...but also so sad!;)
    Was this game already officially released on cartridge in asian countries like malaysia? If not, i mean, there really could be a way that maybe they just put the PAL Version on cartridge again? Like SSD, Oreshika and such? Please?...there is a chance! Right? It has to be!:D

15. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Yes the game already has a cartridge asian version.

16. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I will wait for an English-Asian release.

17. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Phenomenal news!

While I'd prefer a physical version, I'll happily take a digital release over nothing :)

Can't wait!

19. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

As will I. Theyve released both Chinese-Asian and English-Asian copies in the past.

20. MoMoMo

MoMoMo Well-Known Member

Was there ever a second Asian (/non-Japanese) release in English? I can't remember any… :/

21. Stefarno

Stefarno Well-Known Member

I really hope this sells well - everyone criticises Square for not localising the Vita versions of games like I Am Setsuna, so those people had better buy this now we have one.

Hopefully a good performance will mean we'll then see Dragon Quest Heroes II (which looks pretty damn good on Vita).

Flying_Pig likes this.
  22. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

I recall finding a few and having to sort through them to make sure I didn't pick up the wrong one - I think Swords Art Online was one.

23. EmbraceTheSystem

EmbraceTheSystem Member

Absolutely insanely good news! I wanted it and i've got it, so i'll be day 1'ing this to show my support!

24. SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy Well-Known Member

I'm so dang excited for this!

25. Zikaprevail

Zikaprevail Active Member

WAIT DOES THIS MEAN WORLD OF FF WILL ALSO BE DIGITAL ONLY?