Dragon Quest VII and VIII confirmed for Western release in 2016

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Rat King 64, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

It was announced during the Nintendo Direct yesterday. I had forgotten about the Direct and I almost fell off my chair when I saw the news on Nintendo Life. See link below:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oth_confirmed_for_western_3ds_release_in_2016

I am assuming that if Square Enix was willing to localize these two, then the new Dragon Quest XI should be a lock as well. It looks fantastic.

2016 appears to be the year of the RPG on 3DS. Fire Emblem Fates and Bravely Second are also getting special editions in the West.

2. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Fantastic news. I have played both already but it was a long time ago and nothing beats playing massive RPGs on a portable IMO.

3. leafstalker

leafstalker Active Member

As a person who missed out playing any Dragon Quest games I eagerly Await this release even though it's getting a touch censored...

4. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

It's getting censored? How so? I saw something about certain pieces of clothing were altered in the Japanese version of DQ8 but I haven't read anything about censorship.

Also, DQ9 is already playable on the 3DS and it's a very good game as well as some of the older games.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  5. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

It's crazy how many DQ games are on DS and 3DS now.
    PS2 used to be the console to get all your DQ love.

6. FrameHallofFame

FrameHallofFame Active Member

7. Rat King 64

I read somewhere that DQ VII is coming summer 2016 and DQ VIII will be a holiday release. Bravely Second will probably land sometime in the first half of 2016 so that Square Enix can spread out their big releases.

8. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I've never played any of the Dragon Quest games. I want to play one :) I know they released a DQ for the DS.

9. Rat King 64

There are actually four DQ games on the DS. DQ4, DQ5 and DQ6 were all remade for the DS and DQIX is a new release on the system.
    3DS has DQVII and DQVIII on the way and I am hopeful that DQXI will be localized as well. If Square ever decided to put the GBC DQ games (1,2 and 3) on the 3DS virtual console then you would be able to play DQ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 11 (possibly) on the 3DS.

10. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

That would be fun to play parts 1-9 and 11. Was there a 10? The other day, I was watching a video about how DQ is really popular in Japan--its history goes back to the 80s. Personally, I love final fantasy games and I'm into RPGs in general :D Right now, I've got so many RPGs! I want to finish them! Why do they have to be so long! LOL

11. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

Yup! Dragon Quest X was an MMO though.
    Totally looking forward to these two.