Everything RPG

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by samus1818, Feb 24, 2018.

1. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I think a lot about different RPGs and JRPGs LOL I just wanted to create a thread where people can post anything they want about RPGs. Is there a hidden gem? Is there something that bugs about these types of games? Are there any characters that you just enjoy and would like to share?

For this week, I wanted to talk about the Chocobo Knight I saw in Final Fantasy Tactics a2: Grimoire the Rift for Nintendo DS (PHEW I run out of breath saying that FF game title). I like how a Moogle is the only one able to ride a Chocobo for this game. Both of them are so cute! I never really used the CK because I unlocked this ability as I was finishing the game. I found more info from a FF wikipage; I love having this opportunity to geek out! LOL Thank you!
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobo_Knight_(Tactics_A2)
    [​IMG]

zodaex likes this.
  2. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I prefer RPGs. Strategy / Turn-based are my favorites. I do enjoy Action or Hack N Slash ones but, to me, they get repetitive and become button mashing games IMO.

3. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I kinda left JRPGs behind a while ago. Loved games like Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 and Chrono Trigger but they just weren’t the same after that. There were a few exceptions however, namely Lost Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles

samus1818 likes this.
  4. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Suikoden 1 and 2 are two of the best JRPGs ever.

samus1818 likes this.
  5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Try Radiant Historia.

Also grab Infinite Space if you can.

I would've thought 'The World Ends with You' would be also higher on the lists.

6. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I see a 3DS version just came out. A remake?

7. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Yes it’s a remake with an added storyline and some different art. I rmbr playing the original on the DS years ago, and it was really good and kept it interesting with its time traveling and parallel time lines.

8. TriOpticon

9. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I'm playing Final Fantasy 13 pt. 2 right now (been playing for longest time but that's another story LOL). This game is like Pokémon where you have to catch monsters to fight along side you. In this game, they encourage the creation of a badass chocobo gang LOL I love it because I don't usually get to fight alongside these FF birds. I'm still looking for a name to give our gang LOL :cool: So far, I've got a red, blue, silver, and yellow chocobos-I think I still need about 4 more other colors. Most colors have different roles (commander, medic, etc), but I can teach them "Pack Mentality" to make them even stronger LOL PM will only work if my entire team is made up of chocobos. As you can tell, I'm having fun with this FF game :p:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  10. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Looks like fun! Also, the game is made by Atlus :D I've never got the chance to play a Radiant Historia game; I almost bought one for the Nintendo DS a long time ago (I completely forgot about that game). It's alright if you don't know what games are (I get lazy too LOL)

11. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

*Infinite Space-I forgot about that game. My friend told me about IS a long time ago. I'm going to write it down
    * The World Ends with You. Great game! All these years I'm still waiting for a sequel or new game!

12. TriOpticon

13. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I saw on a news site that Chrono Trigger was actually recently ported and published to PC, but apparently it's based off of the smartphone version of the game that has a redesigned user interface to make it more optimal to playing it with a touchscreen or mouse. There's also a significant glitch which makes it impossible to possibly be found innocent at the trial. :O Emulators apparently give you a better experience in almost every way. (assuming you aren't trying to play it with a mouse and keyboard)

14. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Yeah everyone’s giving it shit on the reviews

15. Andreas Stalin

samus1818 Final Fantasy XIII-2, that game was really fun, I rmbr playing it quite a while ago, I think maybe it’s my favorite of the trilogy even though I like all three of them. I even bought a bunch of dlc costumes for both Serah and Noel. Ah now I’ve got the urge to play the Xiii saga all over again....

16. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Chrono Trigger on Nintendo DS is on my to buy list. I've never played it, but I've heard good things about that game :D I'm still at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles. I feel guilty about not finishing it LOL I promise that I will. I need to stop buying new games and forgetting my old ones LOL

17. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I've never heard of Suikoden, looks like a cool game! This game is also on the PS1!!! :D My friend has convinced me to give older games a chance, and I'm happy I took that advice. As of late, I've been trying to buy Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. It actually came in the mail last week and didn't work :confused: I've tried buying that game b4 but no luck ever!!!! :mad: I think I'm cursed to not ever own FF Tactics. I'm not ever going to give up!

18. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I love that game!!! I couldn't play for longest time because of busy schedule and my Xbox 360 broke down :eek: When I finally got everything in order, I was just so lost LOL :confused: Took me awhile to figure what I had to do and to get used to the game. After some more time, I got further into the game :p I love fusing different monsters to make a better monster! Ooooooh which DLC costumes did you get for Serah and Noel??? I didn't know you could buy them costumes-going to look into that. I'm determined to beat this game and defeat that hippy Caius Ballad with his embarrassing head band!

19. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I love 13 pt. 2!!! I couldn't play for longest time because of busy schedule and my Xbox 360 broke down :eek: When I finally got everything in order, I was just so lost LOL :confused: Took me awhile to figure what I had to do and to get used to the game. After some more time, I got further into the game :p I love fusing different monsters to make a better monster! Ooooooh which DLC costumes did you get for Serah and Noel??? I didn't know you could buy them costumes-going to look into that. I'm determined to beat this game and defeat that hippy Caius Ballad with his embarrassing head band!

20. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

You can buy Final Fantasy Tactics on the PlayStation Store then play it on your PS Vita

21. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I know, but I want the physical copies of games! I want to be able to sell them again!

zodaex likes this.
  22. Andreas Stalin

I got the Beachwear, N7 Armor, White Mage and AKB (style and steel) costume for Serah and the Assassins Creed and N7 armor for Noel. I figured since this was my only party (apart from the monsters) and I was gonna play the game for a really long time, I might as well change up their wardrobe from time to time throughout the adventure. I actually tend to do this if there are no in game changeable costumes for the characters in a long RPG, I usually buy some cosmetic dlc so I don’t have to look at the same clothes all the time. (in Lightning Returns, Lightning changes clothes all the time so that’s not an issue.)

Here you can have a look at the costumes for FFXiii-2
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XIII-2_downloadable_content

(I think the summoners garb might have been included in my edition of the game, I’m not too sure though, have to check)

samus1818 likes this.
  23. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

This is smart. I have kept up with a huge complete-in-box N64 collection since I was a kid and it's since turned into a gold mine.

samus1818 likes this.
  24. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I checked everything out yesterday, but I still thank you for the link :D You bought all their costumes-I'm jealous!!! The best monsters you can use in the game have to be purchased by DLC... DAMN! You can also add Lightning and Jihl Nabaat to your team. I wanted Lightning from the very start; I didn't know you could use her in the game. Here I thought that Odin was the strongest monster to use in the game (I still have to capture him). Nice to see Typhon back in FF. I haven't seen that summons (I forget their name for part 7) since FF 7.

25. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

Picture! I want to see a picture the N64 collection! Kind of been my thing to have a physical copy. I like the idea of downloading a game, ut I need the cartridge/CD! P.S. I regret selling my N64 before the came out with Zelda: Majora's Mask. I'm going to buy the Majora's Mask for 3DS. I was so happy they re-released that game! Been crossing my fingers all these years.

zodaex likes this.