Favorite Turn-Based Strategy Games

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by eric, May 22, 2017.

1. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I've really been enjoying Jean D' Arc (for the 2nd time on the PSP),
    curious what are some other good turned based strategy games for the Vita??

I tried Grand Kingdom, it was okay, but not great. Disgea 4 was pretty good, -actually I really enjoyed that game. I would consider Steamworld Heist another turned based strategy, -which was awesome.

Curious of some others for the Vita??

thanks

zodaex likes this.
  2. eric

eric Well-Known Member

...Am also considering getting one of the new 2DS XL's ...I have a $50 gift card to BestBuy, and at $150, that would only $100 for me. Point is I'd be able to play the FireEblem series. -which is a really fun strategy game (I've only played the older version on the GBAdvance).

Does FireEmblem warrant the purchase of a Nintendo? (I have not purchased anything from Nintendo in years).

zodaex likes this.
  3. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

If you loved Fire Emblem back then, you should love it even more now.

4. eric

eric Well-Known Member

yes, FireEmblem is my type of game ;)
    I tried replaying it on my GBA and the graphics aren't great LOL, -but the game is still fun.

k, maybe i'll put a deposit down on the 2DS XL

5. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'm selling Two Brand New Year of Luigi 3DS-XL systems to sidegrade to the 2DS-XLs if anyone is looking for that model.

(edit they are new 3DS-XLs but not "new 3ds-xls" if that makes any sense. God damnit that was a dumb name for a system :/.

6. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I got it and yes that was annoying w/ Nintendo's naming. Basically I just have to look "does it have the extra button on the controls" -if yes then its the "new" version.

I'd be interested, but I too find the (new) 2DS XL more attractive than the 3DS XL ...

zodaex likes this.
  7. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

For Vita I would get Super Robot Wars V (if you like Mecha/Anime) if you want physical or digital copies of Tactics Ogre and Growlanser Wayfarer of Time from PSN. Those are two of the best available on any system. There's also God Wars releasing next month if you want something newer. I have it ordered but can't give opinions on it yet.

100% I think the 3DS is worth it just for Fire Emblem. You can get Awakening, Fates and now Echoes. Plus if you get the "New" version you can get Xenoblade Chronicles (if you like that style of RPG's).

8. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Thanks, -going to check all of those out!

9. joonie

joonie New Member

i may be a little late on this topic. in fact, im not even sure how active this lovely forum is right now. :) i recently discovered the site and i just adore it. psVITA is my fav thing i own!

anyway.... if i could put in my two cents here i would HIGHLY recommend Tactics Ogre if you have never played it. it will forever be my favorite game on any system i have ever played (and i am an old man now. so i have played many. :) )

10. alf

alf Active Member

If u really are into PS Vita, you have to check the Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth. The first one is more visual novel than sRPG, but the second one has so many good and long strategic fights that will make you love it.
    These two titles are in fact one big piece of game, so you will need to get through Mask of Deception first to understand what's going on in Mask of Truth. Still they are text-heavy, bu the story and characters are just epic.

zodaex likes this.