Official Topic Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Good idea. I missed a couple from some story scenes and sequences just before you reach the Calm Lands the first time, so I'm planning a 100% walkthrough later on, so I can nab that extra stuff, after I've gone through X-2. If you'd gone through to just finish the game and see everything, story-wise, you'd still be putting about 50- hours into the game.

2. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I agree... It will really take awhile to finish just the main story.

So far, so good. At least right now I am still not missing anything... :S Here's to getting 100%!

Trent likes this.
  3. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Good luck. If you want to make sure you get 100%, you can use this guide. It's a Spoiler-Free Guide that, I believe, directs you to all the optional stuff so you don't miss anything. Only thing it might spoil are locations you visit.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/15599

Final Fantasy X seemed to be a solid 50 hours just to the point where I was capable of taking down the final bosses.

I'm hoping X-2 will be lengthy as well. I'm a good 5 hours into it and still in Chapter 1. I've also seen a lot of guides and whatnot out there for 100% Story Completion for X-2. Anyone who played the game when it was on PS2, is there something you unlock if you get 100% Story Completion?

Reika likes this.
  4. HonestPandaShow

HonestPandaShow @HonestPandaShow

Use Yojimbo. Instant killer just some information for ya.

5. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

Other than the real ending... I don't think there is. I might be wrong though.

I did get Yojimbo... I just didn't really quite tried him out yet since I decided to start over again haha... But I will keep this in mind, thank you :)

6. mafia97

mafia97 Member

I reviewed final fantasy x, can i post my review here?

7. kborom

kborom Member

I am not bothering to get 100% yet, just looking to progress through the story and do some of the side "quests" as I go. Can you keep playing after the final boss to get the 100%?

8. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    When you beat the final boss, it just cycles back to the Title Menu. You'd have to reload the last save you made before fighting the Final Boss to return to the World Map and continue for 100%

9. kborom

kborom Member

Thanks Trent, I'll see how I feel at that point then.

Really enjoying it so far though, still dislike Blitzball but have only played the one forced game.

Trent likes this.
  10. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

My god, getting 0.0.0 on the Catcher Chocobo is VERY annoying it would've been fine if there isn't a rain of 3 - 6+ of these aimbotting bastards every 2 seconds. My best is a mere 3 seconds flat and that was by luck if the 4th bird didn't materialize out of nowhere at the finish line.

Anyways i managed to get the 200 lightning dodges which was super easy since i lost count and the streak ended on 591 (or around there) the 4th try since pausing every few minutes helped.

I never attempted with the Celestial weapon powerups on my past playthroughs until now.

Trent likes this.
  11. Mr_Kuschels

Mr_Kuschels Member

I finished FFX last night. Such a great game.

12. Cloud_IX

Cloud_IX Member

Got this yesterday, it's pretty frustrating and poor mini-game I'm afraid. There are several configurations of balloons with one of them easier to collect than the others.

13. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I have also had much trouble with the Chocobo Racing. I have not given a huge amount of time to it, as I will in my next playthrough, set to be 100% Completion, but the best I could get is about 20 seconds or so. It just felt so wonky with the controls. I would have rather had controls like the Chocobo Race at Remiem Temple, where you can turn and move freely with the Analog Stick.

14. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

And getting the 5 chests and win is much easier once i figured out the route to do it and nailed it on the 2nd try. I would have gotten it the first try, but the other chocobo can be so random on how fast it runs. Also don't bother once you see the other chocobo fully on your left side when you are on your 4th chest (2nd if you see the yellow square on the map) since if you do, you already lost.

15. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Here's an interesting question for Final Fantasy X-2. Festivalist is one of the three dresspheres unique to the International and HD versions of the game. When you first get back from the first mission of the game and board the airship, you acquire this dressphere. However, when you beat the Grand Cup Tournament in the Fiend Arena for the first time, you are awarded the dressphere.

[​IMG]

Anyone care to guess what the point is for this to be a reward for the Grand Cup when it's already a Story-Acquired item that you get at the beginning of the game? I double-checked my Dresspheres and as soon as I got that message from the tournament, I still had Festivalist in my list, still fully mastered. It just seems to make no sense to have it unlock at two completely different places in the game, one being a mandatory story event.

16. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

I haven't played X-2 yet. Still grinding on X to statmaxing/complete the grid and complete the remaining sidequests towards my platinum. Getting the Luck/Fortune spheres out of the way since that consumes too much time even if you Blitz Ace/Attack Reel spam still takes time. Though that is interesting you could get it multiple times though.

17. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I did end up figuring out that you can collect multiple dresspheres for your Garment Grids so you could potentially have the same Job equipped at all times, even when switching through the grid to get the bonuses, which is nice if you want to stay the same job all the time.

For anyone tackling X-2 soon, I'd highly suggest you look in a guide for how to get at least one Special Dressphere, as they are really overpowered in the later levels, and the Fiend Arena in Creature Creator is an amazing method for grinding for levels and AP. I've actually figured out some abilities that are best for various classes for grinding for AP in the Battle Area, normally against groups of weak enemies since you get 1 AP for each enemy you kill and each time you use a skill that's not Attack, though not all are automatically learned (like Scattershot).

And the Battle Simulator in Fiend Arena lets you auto-heal all HP and MP after a fight and can go back into the same fight again and again and again.

Some of these can be infinite farming. White Mage and Festivalist, specifically, could just be used again and again and never go to another fight until everything is mastered.

Gunner - Scattershot (hits all enemies)
    Warrior - Sentinel (Makes damage 1 every time you use it. No MP Cost)
    Black Mage - Anything that you have target entire enemy party. -ara and -aga spells recommended
    White Mage - Pray or Vigor (Can heal you more than the damage you take against weak enemies and has no MP cost)
    Festivalist - Twinkler (Same as above but costs 6 MP to use)
    Psychic - Psychic Bomb (Can KO a weak party easily and K-O Black Element that unlocks after the third tournament which nets you an easy 600+ EXP per fight if your level is high enough)
    Samurai - Shin-Zantetsu (Instant Death on party that's not immune, and still gives you EXP/AP)

And that's all I really used on my first walkthrough, other than Floral Fallal, which really just leveled itself as I went through tournaments in the arena. Planning on getting and using the rest in my next playthrough.

18. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    I finally snagged my copy of FFX-X2 HD for PS Vita, courtesy of ye old Amazon. I've got a small confession to make about Final Fantasy games. As much as I love them, I've a terrible habit of never finishing them. I've wondered why for the longest time but I've finally attributed it to two things. 1 - Difficulty, that being Final Fantasy is pretty easy for me, or it was until FFXIII xD Since it was so easy it didn't really hold me in for the full journey. 2 - Length. I don't have ADD or anything but since the journey is usually quite a long one, I find myself moving on to the next experience instead of completing them.

So, with that in mind, when I got FFX and FFX-2 for PS2 back in the day, I got them the same day FFX-2 was released xD So I was playing both almost simultaneously then I ended up getting further in FFX-2 xD then I stopped X-2 after awhile due to my habit. I played X for a bit, stopped for years, picked it back up and went to the uh do we have spoiler tags? Well I got up to uh the 50-75% point let's call it, stopped and when I found out they were going to Remaster both games, I vowed to finally complete both this time xD!

To date I've completed two Final Fantasy titles. FF9 and FF3 DS. I'd like to finish more ^0^

By the way, how easy or hard are the trophies for both games?

19. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Final Fantasy X's trophies will be very hard, particularly the trophies for Lightning Dodges and getting 0:0 in a Chocobo Race. While there are some trophies for FFX that will take hours and hours and hours to get, like maxing everyone's Sphere Grids, Dodging 200 Consecutive Lightning Dodges and Chocobo Racing will probably be the hardest, due to the fact that those "Minigames" are very hard to do.

From what I can tell of X-2's trophies, many of them will just take time to do, though you'll need a guide to get 100% Story Completion to get the good ending and some of the SuperBoss trophies, like for Trema will not be very easy. I also think you'll need to do two playthroughs of X-2 as one of the trophies requires you to complete the Bestiary, which cannot be done without using New Game +, as one of the Fiends in Creature Creator isn't available until New Game + is achieved.

I'd say some of them will be easy, but a few will be very hard to get.

20. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Sounds like what I was expecting. For FFX-2 I'd probably do the first play through, then come back to it, I'v been sitting on Atelier Totori+ for a long time, I have to feed my Atelier itch soon ^0^;

21. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I finally got my 0:00:00 for my mini-game yesterday! Anyone having a hard time? I may have a few tips that MAY help you in accomplishing the task.

I looked around the internet during my whole frustration in hopes to have tips on how to finish the mini-game but the answers are all vague and not really helpful at all. Well, in the duration of trying to get 0:0:0 , I managed to make tips/strategy guide that works (but not might not work for everyone else?).

Chocobo Rider Strategy Guide:

1.) Use your d-pad instead of your analog sticks. Also, you lightly tap the arrow button.. DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN so your chocobo won't go wobbly. Be familiar with your controls.

2.) When you are trying to get a balloon and you go a bit left or right (by tapping the button), make sure to straighten your chocobo in the track. This will help you dodge easier and get control.

3.) I always have read that you must over-take your opponent but never told me how... I figured this out by myself, just putting this out for people who also have no idea like me. At the start of the race, don't press anything - just go on a straight line. Chance are your opponent will try to swivel on the right (80% most likely to have the balloon) and you will automatically lead the race.

4.) This might be the part where I was mostly wrong with... Try to stay in the middle of race course. I had a mentality that tend to lean to the left in hopes to finish the race faster. This might take some practice. Why do you need to do this? Other than the walls that might slow you down, it gives you little space to actually dodge the birds. Do this and you might see great improvement.

-- From here on out, I would like to separate the race track into 3 parts;
    [Race Track A] - The first part where the race starts
    [Race Track B] - The huge land part after the curve from [Race Track A]
    [Race Track C] - When the camera angle changes at the end part with little space to dodge.

[Race Track A]
    The goal for this part would be able to gather as much balloons as you can AND lead the race. If you follow tip #3, you can lead the race for sure. Now we got that out of the way, you can no focus on getting as much balloons as you can. Minimum balloons would 3, the more the better.

[Race Track B]
    If you follow my tips, you would be leading by now. This is a part where you need to practice. There is a balloon on front and you have to practice your curve. Make sure you get this balloon, it's pretty much a freebie. As you carry on with the race, keep in mind tip #2 and #4. Get as much balloons on this part, BUT it's best you don't actually get hit by the birds on this part of the race track. When you are finished getting the balloons, straighten the chocobo and get back in track.

It might also help to keep in mind that the birds are mostly likely 50-50 between you and your opponent. Meaning, the 2 birds will come to you and the other to your opponent (or vice versa). This might help you with dodging.

[Race Track C]
    Finally, we are the last part of the race track. Get the remaining balloons here but try to dodge the the birds as well. Always remain on the middle part of the race track so it will help you dodge the birds. If you got hit on this part, don't be so hard on yourself - you can still win given that you got enough balloons before this. Remember, stay in the middle part of the race track!

[​IMG]
    That's it, folks! This mini-game also needs luck but with a strategy... it'll make our winning rate much higher! :D Happy Racing~

22. Cloud_IX

Cloud_IX Member

Good guide Reika!

One thing I would like to note that the distribution of the balloon can effect your score significantly especially during race track A. There is a layout of balloons during this period that also lets you stay straight, this is how I got 0:0:0.

Reika likes this.
  23. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I wonder if I should make a thread specifically for the Chocobo Rider Trophy.. lol

24. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

I got my FFX Platinum yesterday. I messed up sceencapping the wrong trophy in-game so i had to go to my trophy list to cap it. Wish you can take multiple caps without waiting like 10 - 15 seconds to do another shot...

[​IMG]

Right now i am grinding in the Fiend Arena on X-2 early on so i don't have to worry about any problems down the road. Though idk if i want to platinum X-2 since i never beaten X-2 in the past.

Trent and Reika like this.
  25. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Great Game,my package was included 3 beautiful Art Cards.