1. Hello Guest! Welcome to the forum for The Vita Lounge, an independent PlayStation Vita community! We want to provide the best community for our members to discuss the PlayStation Vita, so if you are a fan of Sony's handheld, why not register? It's free and getting involved will enable to you enter our monthly game giveaways!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! If you have visited The Vita Lounge for a while then you will know how much we love the system, and with the website, forum, podcast, YouTube, and magazine alongside our social media presence we will always try to cover the Vita as best we can. That said, we want to improve and we need your help.

If you love what we do and have the means to do so, we would really appreciate some help on our Patreon! Whether you want early access to the e-magazine from $1, a unique forum name colour, or even a print copy of our magazine delivered to your door from $10, all of your help will enable us to become even better!

https://www.patreon.com/TheVitaLounge

Dismiss Notice

For those who own a 3DS as well as a Vita.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Curtis, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

ahaha. Nope. A friend of mine has japanese friends who run a shop. Then, my friend can get some hot things for me :3. I mean, he got me the New 3DS near the release, Senran Shinovi VS Nyuu Nyuu for 40-50 bucks, Dokuro for 5-10 usd, within others. He bought a copy of Valkyrie Profile CIB (PSX Version) for 10 USD :eek::eek:. I want a lot of Japanese versions of consoles, like the Tales of Xillia PS3, Ni No Kuni PS3, SMT IV 3DS, TWEWY DS Lite, Miku Vita, Miku PSP, MH 3rd P PSP, Dangan Vita, etc, etc, etc! xD. Well, at least I will get my PS Vita Slim Danganronpa V3 this month :3

Either way, you can hack any 3DS. I could do that in my Japanese 3DS, but I prefer to hack another system... I hacked my PSP, but I buy the game. I was playing the Digimon Adventure Game, but my friend got me the UMD :D

By the way, in Europe you have a lot of nice limtied editiosn, those Zelda Collectors, Bravely Default CE, Fire Emblem, the Xenoblade Wii Version with the controller, Pandora's Tower D:

2. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

AAAAAH I'm so jealous xD I do have my sister in law who currently lives in Japan, I could probably ask her to get one for me and send it sometime :3 but the shipping cost though, posting stuff from Japan is quite expensive... Or I could try to order one directly from Amazon Japan, I haven't checked the prices yet :eek: But first I need to make a list of all those Japanese games that I would like to get, see if it's really worth it to import or if I should hack instead (but I'm not a big fan of hacking, doesn't feel the same to play a hacked game than a real one!)

And yes we do get a lot of sweet collectors :) I got the animal crossing happy home designer for my new 3DS XL, I might sell this one someday though and get another collector edition instead ^^

3. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

Europe always get the anime-like videogames :( You have Inazumas, One Piece and other cool stuffs, but...atlus hates Europe, so it's not perfect xD. You can ask your sister to visit madarake, book off and other shops in Japan. Shibuya has a lot of videogame-anime-manga stuffs for sale. Next year I will visit Japan for a month and I will buy... everything xD!. Always it's better to receive any package using SAL Registered Shipping. Amazon Japan doesn't send internationally (I guess few few few sellers will ship outside Japan). I have a videogame list where I put the japanese games I want. Last month I bought (well, my friend), AirshipQ, Ray Gigant and Taiko 3DS (I lost my catridge with my save :( ).

Sell me your Majora's Mask Collector's Edition :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Yeah we do get a lot of anime stuff, but as you said atlus... generally there are a lot of games that the US gets but not us (RUNE FACTORY 4 FOR GOD SAKE!!! bought an NA 3DS specifically for this game!!:mad::mad:) Amazon Japan does ship internationally now! I buy most of my games there! and the shipping cost is quite reasonable (10€ and it takes less than a week for the package to arrive in France), it might be different for the US though :confused:
    I'm still not really aware of all the games that are not localized so I need to get to that! Also, I took a look in amazon jp and found this lovely pink 2DS for about 10,000 yens, now I want it x'D

You didn't get the Majora's mask collector edition in the US?! :eek::eek:

5. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

Oh, nice. I tried to buy some Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG product and the seller only shipped inside Japan :(. You can check playasia and there you can see what games you know you will never get in english (like, every visual novel, some pervert games, etc). I am not from the US, I am from Chile (South America), but almost always I receive my games in Miami.

Well, we did, but no the same :(

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

That hot pin badge D:.

I bought four copies of Majora's Mask Collector's and three copies of the New 3DS XL Majora's (1 each for my best friend and the other to trade, but nobody wanted to trade, only pay the re-seller price... :eek:. The hype was real). The US edition was sold out in 5-10 minutes in Chile hahaha xD

[​IMG]

6. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Holy crap that's intense! I remember that when I wanted to buy majora's mask it was sold out all over France and I had to order it online to get it ^^ My sister did get that collector edition you mentioned (with the pin badge and everything ^^). And jesus you bought 4 copies of the game and 3 of the New 3Ds XL at once?! xD When I bought my 2nd 3DS XL I barely had enough to eat for the rest of the month x'D

7. TheAtom

TheAtom Member

I actually only use my 3DS nowadays for Pokemon (I HAD to get it when I saw XY's updated graphics (so I got Y), and I've gotten OR and Moon since, whereas my wife got X, AS and Sun) and I have used it for the two Senran Kagura games it had. Still have The World Ends With You for it as my tiny little backlog. Not many games, but the amount of hours I've sunken into the Pokemon and Senran Kagura games make up for it A LOT.

My Vita I use for bunches of things, really, and I absolutely love it.

In the end, I prefer the Vita as a system and qua games as well, but the 3DS is my Pokémon system and I am okay with that. We got it second hand for a cheap price a few years ago and it's been through a lot now :D

8. chimikina

chimikina Member

I actually like both. For me the 3ds has more mmos like monster hunter. The vita has one as well but its not being released in the us.