Found a PS Vita kiosk in a store :O

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Vita_Girl, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I went to an electronic store to search for some new games, funny enough I saw this PS Vita kiosk over there.

[​IMG]

This is in The Netherlands (to be precise, Media Markt in Heerhugowaard) and it's the second time since the launch day I see a real Vita kiosk (with Uncharted demo).

Sadly they don't sell PS Vita anymore because Sony stopped shipments of the Vita in Benelux (and tus also in the Netherlands) but they had some Vita games.

I guess this kind of kiosk are rare, I asked the guy for fun if they sell it and maybe they will at certain point because it stands in the way hè said, sadly at this moment they won't sell it but if they do this would be a nice collectors item to have.

PS, they have this kiosk over there since the launch (!!) of PS Vita and the screen doesn't have any burn-in issues.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Jawessome, Murphy and Mr Tornado like this.
  2. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are any special carts for Vita Kiosks ?

3. Andydvd

Andydvd I am the Trouble Maker! Vita 4 Lyfe!

I demand moar pics! pretty please? :)

This way I can prove there is still hope for the system over there...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  4. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

Wow that looks much nicer than the various Vita kiosks I have seen in U.S. stores.

5. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

How much did the time machine cost to go back and find one of these long lost relics?

6. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

They should put those in toy stores with Minecraft running on it. Bam, 20 million more Vitas sold. :)

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I'd love to have one of those at home. :)

coachjjs75 likes this.
  8. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

Are Not The Only Person That Would The Have Something This !!!

9. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Money talks.. walk in with cash next time :)

infasis likes this.
  10. SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy Well-Known Member

I saw something similar where I bought my vita. It was in Rimouski, Quebec, in an EB Games.

I was too thrilled to buy a vita for the first time, didn't think about checking it more :(

11. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

thats pretty cool... but imagine all the fingers that have been all over that poor vita violating it and feeling it up :( yikes

I bet the price of sale for a unit like that is cheaper then you think, you just gotta time it right for the stores stock-take or something when they start moving things around and clearing everything, making room for new displays they will probably just be throwing it out anyway so hey an extra $50-100 bucks in the managers back pocket makes for a done deal.

on the other hand i have been to every single video game store in my state, not a single physical vita system, game, accessory in sight lol.

12. Vita_Girl

I don't think so, compared to US in EU (especially in The Netherlands) there are almost no shops which sell cheap Vita games, same for the consoles new ones had the official €199 price (for the mega pack) but second hand most Vita where around €50 BEFORE the news that the shipping of the Vita stopped for Benelux, now the prices are aroung €70/€80 at least for an used Vita.

Back to the kiosk story, the shop that has the Ps Vita kiosk on the picture is sadly a type of shop that ask to much money, last year they tried to sell an opened OG Ps Vita with missing back touchpanel (the back was there, but the touch part was ripped off).

The still asked €129 for it which is insane so I think that IF they ever sell this kiosk they ask at least €300 for it...

13. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Thats a shame, i guess they won't let that kiosk go without a fight :( maybe it would be a good idea to get a couple vita's cheaply then wait a little and sell them for a little extra in the Netherlands? Thats too much work for me tho lol. I guess you could probably just buy from outside and just get a local power plug later or something tho.

14. Vita_Girl

No, most people over here don't like the Vita because "it does not have any games" (and that's BS, there more than 1300 games for it but people are to lazy to search for them).

No, Vita is not popular over here, it's a niche nothing more the prices got higher but most people didn't even want to buy it when it was aroung €50, and people who buy it do sell it quickly because of the BS argument that there are "no games" for it (again, that's BS).

And if you look at what people sell, no wonder they say there are "no games" for the Vita, 99% of the people sell the Vita with launch titles.

15. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

lol i get the distinct feeling that you wanna punch people in the face about the "no games" issue over there vita_girl :) I can't say that i disagree. Just because you don't see physical copies on shelves doesn't mean that there are no games right, i mean have they even seen the psn library?! come on that alone kills every other system out there right lol.

The trouble is most "gamers" these days seem to be stuck in this CoD = gaming mindset or something. The Vita is definitely more niche in that it has a strong japan flavor in it's gaming i guess... but not really... i dunno lol. As a teacher i always hear 1 of 2 things from all the kids saying they are gamers: do you play CoD? or do you play Minecraft? lol

I wonder if there is anyone here that might be interested in snapping up a kiosk like that? i'm not really into that style of a collection but i have seen many youtubers going for that kiosk style to compliment their collections.

16. Vita_Girl

I don't know about the kiosk, they won't sell it at this point I guess.

But yeah I hate the fact that people say there are no games for the Vita because they don't see them, most shops sell only the launch titles, if you want to buy physical games for the Vita you have to go to a real gameshop and not toy or electronic store who also sell games, they mostly have no interest in the Vita.

The worst part is when I say to people that there are games for the Vita, but then they complain that japanese and indie games don't count, only exclusives and AAA titles count for them, that too is BS because exclusive games slowly die out, and most AAA games are buggy as hell in first place.

17. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Wow that's irritating, almost like game racism or something. How do japanese titles not count??? also minecraft was indie for crying out loud. Thats just a stupid argument. Permission to punch granted lol.

18. Vita_Girl

Yup :p

19. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Would look great in my man cave. :)

20. Vita_Girl

21. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

wow now that is something else.

might be a good way of getting some ambient light when your gaming under the covers in the dark lol... but that would make me to conspicuous oh the choices lol.

22. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    So the face buttons, PSVita logo and rear touch grips are LED lit? Would love to see video of this as the photos do not really do anything near justice..

23. Cygoku

Cygoku Member

Today I noticed they removed the one the EB Games had in store of St-Hyacinthe here in Qc aswell. I bought Silent Hill Book of Memories for 10$ CND.