General Nintendo Switch Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Terramax, Sep 16, 2018 at 1:06 PM.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

So, the latest Nintendo Direct just dropped a whole bunch of new games announced. Most of it stuff for next year, but still a few pleasant surprises all round.

For me, it was all about the re-releases. Final Fantasy XII coming to Switch being the main head turner. I cannot tell you all how upset I was that this beauty never got the same Vita port the way FFX did. I owned this on PS4 but, honestly, I can't be bothered with RPGs on home consoles anymore. This'll be a day one purchase for me.

The original Katamari is also being brought to the Switch. Touch My Katamari on the Vita remains one of my favourite games for the system, so I anticipate a good time with the original. Hopefully it contains the newer, easier controls as seen in the Vita title.

There was the usual Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, 2D Mario announcements of course, but I couldn't care for any of that. Also a little disappointed that the rumoured Star Fox game wasn't officially announced either.

2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Luigi's Mansion getting a whole new game rather than a port.

3. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Excited for a lot of those games just hope they’re physical releases

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get into all the Switch stuff as the wife decided Pokemon Let's Go (together with some of the other releases) and its Switch LE are worth the purchase!

Some of the games I am considering now are Pokkén, MK8D, Smash, Mario Odyssey and Bayonetta. She already played Zelda BotW on someone else's Switch too.

From the upcoming games I am interested in the 2D Mario, although I feel I would be more interested in a new Mario Maker with extra premade levels or something.