General Nintendo Switch Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Terramax, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Downloaded 'Immortal Redneck' and DAMN! This is the game Doom was supposed to be. No filler. Just balls-to-the-wall, non-stop-action in every damn room! The game is currently on sale on the European shop (£9.00). Downloaded on Saturday and I already have 10 hours clocked. The most fun I've had with an FPS for a really, really long time.

zodaex and SONY like this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

It's a hilarious game.

3. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Switch Player down or not working again?

EDIT: Nevermind, all good now

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    TriOpticon likes this.
  4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

After playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate a lot (again) and having finished Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (fun game, terrible Pokémon catching mechanic) I bought Farming Simulator on the Switch because it was on sale in a shop nearby.

Runs fine and there are no performance issues (yet?), however it lacks the DLC but I'm fine with that and it's a nice relaxing game.

Andreas Stalin and Terramax like this.
  5. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

I've put 5 hours into Pokemon Let's Go over the 1 month or so that I've owned it and, to be honest, I just haven't enjoyed it. And it's all down to the fact that you don't level up by battling, but by catching only when out in the wild. The drive to play just isn't there. Instead of a glorious remake of the original red/blue/yellow that would have taken us oldies back to the gaming days of yore, it has obscured what people like me originally loved about those games in the first place. What a shame.

I've started playing Gal Gun 2 again. I put a bit of time into it during the Christmas holidays, but didn't have so much time. How I've put about 2 hours into it and it's genuinely a fun game, in short bursts. A lightgun game with fanservice. Sign me f--ing up!

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  6. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Songs of Memories has been cancelled for the Nintendo Switch. PQube could not get the fanservice-gone-wrong visual novel working on the Switch in a decent way. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but goodness... how did the porting of a VN not work on the Switch? I really wonder what is behind this.

simplebeianton and Terramax like this.
  7. simplebeianton

simplebeianton New Member

The Steam requirements are pretty impressive: i7 GTX 760 16GB RAM 28GB space recommended...

8. TheAtom

You're serious??

What a coding mess that must be. It looks like the game isn't much more beyond some Live2D (which Criminal Girls has as well) and here and there some low-res 3D models with very awkward movements. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is the case?

9. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Honestly, the wording has me more of the impression that it's actually more to do with censorship than stability. Having a look at a few videos of the title, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would have taken issue with some scenes, and asked the devs/publishers to have outright removed sections, to the point where people would have noticed. At this point PQube Games know of the negative consequences for both them and Nintendo if they outright state this as the reason though. Remember the kerfuffle regarding Criminal Girl's censorship, or a number of PS4 titles as of recent times?

10. TheAtom

Terramax the PS4 title's up for certain. Censorship really isn't the issue. All issues they're doing are the exact same, with ages removed and a few words.

They confirmed as much on Facebook, responding to people's questions.
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Also, I quickly checked simplebeianton 's claim about the specs on PC, and he's right. I have no clue why (as I said above), but it's legitimately an issue of getting a workable build, not of censorship.

Also, PQube's always been as open about censorship cases in the past (when Valkyrie Drive needed to get the ages removed, and when Omega Labyrinth Z couldn't happen at all, they were very clear what went wrong where), so I can't imagine them blaming the porting team instead of censorship demands.

11. Vita_Girl

Nowdays Sony is the one that censors, Senran Kagura got a mode removed on PS4 because Sony said so, meanwhile Nintendo allowed a Senran Kagura game where that mode is essentially the whole game.

Song of Memories is a mess how you look at it, I got my hands on a non english PC crack a while ago and the game + audio stuttered on a quad-core AMD system with a GTX 660...

Even my PC had some minor stutters which is ridiculus (I have a i5, 16gb ram, GTX1060 system)

TheAtom and Terramax like this.
  12. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Sony may be stronger with their censorship policies these days, but don't forget that Nintendo have always been strict. They've often outright deterred companies from making certain games on their console, period, due to wanting to hold a family friendly image for all their consoles. Having said that, you are right in that the Senran Kagura series made its debute on the 3DS a while back, and a few games of its ilk have treacled onto both the 3DS and Switch over the years (still amazed Gal Gun 2 made it on Switch). Perhaps it really is a porting issue, though a part of me still remains a little skeptical. In any case, this game was never on my radar so it's no loss for me at least.

13. TheAtom

Vita_Girl that's absolutely incredible. Your PC, with my limited knowledge, sounds like a beast, and if the game even stutters there... Is this even going to run well on PS4? What did they do?

Terramax I think they left that idea quite explicitly when they funded Bayonetta 2. Nintendo paid for the development of that game to have it as an exclusive, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind Song of Memories.

That in combination with how horribly it runs on a PC is enough for me to believe PQube, a company that's always been upfront and honest about it. Even more so when Sony even okay'ed it.

14. Vita_Girl

TheAtom my PC feels honored to hear that lol.

But a GTX 1060 is a midrange GPU so there you have it, but even then that game should not stutter on that PC, for a VN there is plenty of power to run it if the game wasn't such a mess.

Imagine playing a NES game on the Switch that stutters, it's that ridiculus in my opinion with the performance Song of Memories has on PC.

As for PS4 if not mistaken I tried the japanese demo and it runs totally fine.

15. TheAtom

Vita_Girl I guess a modern standards-midrange PC sounds pretty beast-y to me. Probably says more about my familiarity with current PC hardware than anything else, but don't tell your PC that! Let it enjoy the compliment for a little xD

It running fine on the PS4 is another mystery then, because it feels like the standard "consoles only need to run the game with barely any background processes" argument doesn't work as well anymore, with consoles having their fair share of background processes. Is that all it comes down to again?