General Playstation TV Game Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Mar 22, 2018.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Here's a central area for us to discuss topics related to the Playstation TV's compatibility with Vita games. (Also PSP and PS1 games if you'd like to)

An unfortunate thing that I noticed years ago on the web and continues to be an issue today, is that pretty much all publicly available PS-TV compatibility lists on the internet are significantly inaccurate. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but i've finally started to curate these lists of Vita games that are either known to work, or not work. Game compatibility tends to be somewhat unpredictable, and is something that absolutely needs to be tested first-hand to truly know one way or the other. Sometimes a game will work from one region, but not another. Sometimes a sequel to a game that was compatible, won't be. Sometimes the game will say right on the physical box or the on PSN store that it's compatible, only to not be. So all of those other compatibility lists out there that don't specify the game region or type that is tested are fundamentally flawed. I'd definitely appreciate additional compatibility info from folks on this forum who would like to help with the European and Digital games. I already have the details for all USA physical and English Asian releases, I just need to finish typing them up as I find the spare time.

Vita games officially compatible with the Playstation TV

Vita games that do not function on Playstation TV

Vita games that support Playstation TV Local Multiplayer

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Demorates likes this.
  2. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Using my PS-TV (Europe) more than ever, since i started YS VIII. And i plan, to play more games on it. So this is a thread for me :)

Vita + PS-TV = Sony Switch :D

Axeru777, TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I love switching back and forth! I play on the Vita if my wife is using the TV for the PS4, and otherwise I play on the PSTV.

I really indeed have a Switch-like feeling with it! The only thing that I still love about the switch over the vita is portable single system multiplayer. That's the dream.

4. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Does anyone know, if there are different whitelists for the european and the us-version of the ps-tv?

Or do both use the same whitelist?

5. zodaex

All Regions of PS-TVs and Vita-TVs all share the same whitelist. The only exception to this, are Japanese Vita-TVs before firmware version 3.0 because that was before Sony even implemented the whitelisting system. The problem with trying to use those today is #1 they don't feature English language support unless you update them and #2 lots of newer Vita games refuse to work on the older firmwares now unfortunately.

6. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Thank you for the quick answer. I will test some vita-games (ger/uk) in the next days and post the results.

zodaex likes this.
  7. zodaex

What region are those titles? And are they the physical or digital versions? I already have verified info for all Physical North American and Physical English Asian releases, i've just got to fill them in as I find the time. The primary titles i'm going to need community help with are European and Japanese games, as well as digital titles.

8. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

[Space Hulk] [USA] [Digital] [TriOpticon]

I know that digital Space Hulk USA does not work on PSTV despite having been listed on the store as PSTV compatible. :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  9. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

I think we should all post our results, like zodaex did it in the first post...

[Title] [Region][Type][Verified By]

So its just copy&paste for him.

TheAtom, TriOpticon and zodaex like this.
  10. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Had the time today, to test some games (latest PS-TV-Firmware + Game-Patches). Also checked, if somebody already tested them. They all work.

[Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Assassin’s Creed Chronicles][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Danganronpa 2][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Demon Gaze II][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Dragons Crown][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Freedom Wars][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Final Fantasy X1][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Grand Kingdom][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Killzone Mercenary][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Lost Dimension][EU][Physical][Demorates]Proof
    [Mind=0][USA][Physical][Demorates]
    [Natural Doctrine][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Stranger of Sword City][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Tokyo Xanadu][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Toukiden Kiwami][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Virtue’s Last Reward][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Yomawari / The Firefly Diary][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Zero Escape: The Nonary Games][USA][Physical][Demorates]

Games that dont work:

[Dungeon Hunter: Alliance][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Gravity Rush][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Metal Gear Solid HD Collection][USA][Physical][Demorates]
    [Reality Fighters][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Virtue's Last Reward][EU][Physical][Demorates]

I will test more games soon!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  11. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

*needs to unbox my pstv*

zodaex likes this.
  12. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Tested the rest of my physical collection (latest PS-TV-Firmware + Game-Patches + checked all games, that have already tested by other users).

The games that work:

[Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Criminal Girls: Invite Only][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Danganronpa V3][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Demon Gaze][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [New Little King's Story][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Persona 4 Golden][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Toukiden 2][EU][Physical][Demorates]

Games that dont work:

[Akiba's Beat][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Assassins Creed III Liberation][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Xs: Memories of Celcetia][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Unit 13][EU][Physical][Demorates]
    [Word of Final Fantasy][EU][Physical][Demorates]

zodaex likes this.
  13. zodaex

Heh how about that. The digital EU Danganronpa 1 works on PS-TV, but the physical doesn't. Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me at all. :p I get the feeling that i'm going to be buying some digital games in the future.

14. TheAtom

It's my bad! The first Danganronpa I have only checked the digital version! That one does not work!

Hmmm... Maybe for clarity purposes, I will scrap my lists for now (delete the posts as well), then we can continue with a 100% certain list!

15. TheAtom

Okay! Sorry for the confusion, inconvenience and false hopes! I decided to check at least all my physical games that are already opened, and the digital games I currently have downloaded. Some of these are doubles with the ones mentioned by Demorates, but well, here's my list with proof!
    These games Work

[A.W.: Phoenix Festa][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of the Dusk Sky][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Bastion][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Demon Gaze][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Lost Dimension][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Mary Skelter:Nightmares][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Norn9][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Persona 4: Golden][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Root Letter][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Senran Kagura: Estival Versus][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Xblaze: Code:Embryo][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof
    [Yomawari: Night Alone/hToL: Firefly Diaries combo][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof

These games Don’t work

[Ratchet and Clank: The Trilogy][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Sonic: Racing Transformed][EU][Physical][TheAtom]Proof

edit: I have also gone through my previous list that zodaex had already put up there, and noticed that besides the
    [Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc][EU][Digital]
    entry, I also made a mistake with
    [Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth][EU][Digital]

Again, I am really sorry for the mistake!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Demorates and zodaex like this.
  16. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

I tested all games the same way. Put the card in (even those games, i knew that work)... updated the game... and started it. I have no whitelist-hack and the newest original firmware on my PS-TV. So my results are right.

Another digital game that works:

[Borderlands 2][EU][Digital][Demorates]

zodaex likes this.
  17. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

I really like the idea of the proof-pictures :)

18. zodaex

It's no problem and I appreciate that you took the time to correct the information and even take those cool proof pictures. I've been thinking about it a bit and I realized that we are all only human and no one is 100% incapable of making a mistake here and there. I still think in time this will end up being the best public compatibility list anywhere because unlike others i'm committed to supporting it and keeping it updated in the foreseeable future. Probably the most inaccurate list that i've ever come across ironically was made by that guy Trent who used to be a moderator here. You can find it on his website http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-compatible-games-north-america/ if you'd like a cheap laugh. It appears that as soon as any Vita game is announced, he just immediately adds it to his list. He obviously isn't really testing anything because he's got confirmed cancelled games on there like Rogue Raiders Online and games that don't even have a solid release date like Bloodstained. Also there is never any mention of region or game type, which is crazy because the number of games where only just the digital or physical work are huge. I guess I just kind of find it fascinating that Trent would spend so many hours of his life making numerous PS-TV compatibility Youtube videos and his big list on his game review site that's updated almost every month, only for it to be, in my personal estimation to be at least 35% wrong. Anyways, thanks again Loungers and i'll chip away at these lists as I find the time. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Demorates likes this.
  19. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

The best part is, how he confirmes, that a game is PSTV-compatible:

1. I email the publishers for every PS Vita release, inquiring about PSTV Compatibility, and much of the time, get the answers straight from them

2. Box Art often will have a logo on the front, confirming PSTV Compatibility in North America, while most compatible Japanese games will have a PS Vita TV logo on the back of the box.

3. Official Websites for many games will include the PSTV/PS Vita TV in the product section where it lists what platforms a game is coming to.

I think, our method is way better ;-)

20. TheAtom

Yello! Back here again! I got proof for Danganronpa digital now, but I also got another correction!

So basically, after realizing seeing that Danganronpa EU physical was incompatible with PSTV, I got a little afraid my memory had failed me elsewhere as well. I instantly checked all the digital games I had put up here as compatible on the PS store and saw what they said about compatibility. There I then saw that Digimon wasn't compatible, so I told you guys. Yet when I talked it over with my wife, she also remembered watching me play Danganronpa and Digimon on the big screen with the PSTV... And indeed, she reminded me how I almost ragequit Danganronpa because moving the touch-hand thing on the PS3 controller goes incredibly slowly. She also remembered watching me play Digimon on the big screen.

So I went to test it, and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is indeed, as the PS store notes, incompatible with the PSTV. Which is interesting, but not a nice interesting, because I do vividly remember playing it on the PSTV, but alas, now it doesn't work. But, and here it gets interesting in a nice way: Digimon is compatible with PSTV (Proof in the list below again), despite what it says on the PS Store: "Alleen compatibel met PlayStation®Vita", which should be clear enough for non-Dutch speakers. So yeah, here's the new stuff I checked. Again, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is compatible with the PSTV, despite what it says on the store. I wouldn't bet on it with different regions on this, but hey, it's something.

So then, a few more that do work:
    [Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Muramasa: Rebirth][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof

And a few more that don't work:
    [Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Monster Monpiece][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof
    [Ys: Memories of Celceta][EU][Digital][TheAtom]Proof

The moral of the story is: I guess we can't trust the PS store to have it right! I'll send them an email about it, though.

21. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Maybe they changed the compatibility with the release of the PS4 Danganronpa 1+2 bundle? So nobody would buy the cheaper digital vita-version. But this doesnt explain, why Danganronpa 2 (EU/physical) still works (maybe the digital doesnt work?).

I'm happy that i own a ps-tv and a vita. Owning just a ps-tv and buying games for it... its like russian roulette...

zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  22. TheAtom

Same here! Even the PS store being wrong on PSTV compatibility is a whole other level as well. I will check Danganronpa 2 digital perhaps today still (first need to redownload and all).

Demorates likes this.
  23. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Used some free time to take proof-pictures. Also holding the game-cover in my hand, so you can see, if its the pegi or usk-version.

24. TheAtom

Oh snap! Do you think PEGI/USK can make a difference?? As far as I know, all of mine are PEGI, but I could recheck if it would make a difference

25. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

I dont think, it makes a difference. Should only be the EU-version with the german coverart.

But who knows exactly...