General Playstation TV Game Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Mar 22, 2018.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Thanks! You tested the European Region 2 version right?

2. masofdas

masofdas Active Member

Yeah sure did

3. Matthew Jenkins

Matthew Jenkins New Member

Vita games officially compatible with the Playstation TV

Hi ZODAEX/everyone,

Im obviously super late to this discussion so sorry for that.
    Been a big gamer for 30years+ and personally love the Vita TV, Imported my White Deluxe pack on the Japanese release date and the PAL Deluxe pack on our release date. Ive never bought the actually handheld console and dont really no why its literally one of 4 or 5 systems I never picked up although now Im defiantly on the hunt for one, anyhow Im starting to get a little of topic. The VitaTV Ive always thought was a fantastic little console and had huge potential, loved it instantly, but with the few games Ive picked up for the VTV none have worked,
    WipeOut
    DeadOrAlive
    WindJammers
    World-Of-FF
    New&Tasty
    StrangerWrath
    MunchsOddysee
    I have a few more but literally none work is there a full definitive list of compatible games?
    Sorry if theres one easily found here, Im totally new to the site and probably missing the obvious.
    I saw the list above with the 50-60 so games on, is that the full compatibility list?

Thank all in advance and please, go easy on the noob. :)

4. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

That's awesome that you imported the Japanese and European Vita-TV right at launch. I did the same with the U.S. version, preordered it and had it since day one. :) If only more people had done the same and it had seen stronger support. Still, I ended up with far more games on it than I ever would have imagined so it worked out in the end.

Dead or Alive 5+, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Oddworld Munches Oddysee are all PS-TV compatible, so something's not right if they won't start for you. I'm not sure if you've read the first post of this thread. I elaborated on it in greater detail there, but the too long, didn't read version is that just having the title of a said Vita game isn't enough. You also have to know if it's a physical or digital game, as well as the game's region. Keep in mind that the region of Vita games is not NTSC or PAL like you appear to think. Vita games use numbers for region designation R1, R2, R3, R4. There actually isn't such a thing as a "NTSC" or "PAL" Vita game. The physical version of Munches Oddysee is PS-TV compatible, however the digital versions are not.
    As far as Dead Or Alive, do you happen to be using the European digital version, or something else? The U.S., EU and Japanese physical versions are all white-listed to run on ps-tv for sure, so perhaps your specific build of the game got shafted, or you need to refresh your live area/update your game to get it to run.
    To answer your last question, as far as i'm aware there is no definitive ps-tv compatibility list still. Mine is nice because it's extremely unlikely to have any errors on it. 90% of PS-TV compatibility lists your will find online do not specify the game's region and type so they are effectively useless.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. Matthew Jenkins

Matthew Jenkins New Member

Thank for going easy on me appreciate it!

Your a hundred % correct my Vita needed an update and finally some of the games I have now play, seriously been looking at these micro consoles since day one and was only able to play the pre loaded games (such as OlliOlli which is a fantastic by the way) and the few original PlayStation titles I loved at Uni, things like FightingForce.

As for the 'regions' with the Vita I didn't know that, so are the regions calculated like SONY did with the UMD on the PSP?

I did see a couple of lists at the top, the ones hid behind the *SPOILER* marks, is that what your referring to? That seems to be a fairly small list, aprox 60 odd games is that the one you mean?

It just seems to me that with the Vita and especially the VitaTV SONY had huge potential that they just seemed to completely ignore, sounds silly even when I say it as a close to 40 year old, but the 'failure' of the Vita I could except if SONY had tried and JoePublic was like 'Mmm, thanks but no thanks' I could deal with that, OK they tried and people just didn't want it but to put out a console(PSTV included) that to me anyway seems to be really loved and had a pretty good take up and then slowly kill it with there own lack of support even when fans seem to be screaming at the top of there voice, they have it, they love it, they will spend money on it given the chance seems insane to me!

So I wont go on and on as Im almost certain you've herd it all before, but just to confirm (Im not to techie so please forgive me if this sounds dumb) as far as the UK-VitaTV/PSTV goes there no 'chip/mod/insert' I can get or do that opens it up so all games boot?

Obviously some you couldn't play properly because of needing 'front and rear' touch etc.

Im crying out for Vita-Wipeout, I think Im going to have to buy the actual Vita to play that game if I cant get the PSTV working, actual Vitas are still so expensive, my wife told me after coming home from a Tesco shop shed seen that 'VOTE-PLAYSTATION thing you like in the clearance section, £50 they wanted’ silly moo didn't think to grab me one, 20 minuets after she came home I shot up there only to find out Id already missed them! :'(

6. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

There is no chip you can insert as far as I am aware, however if your PSTV is on a lower firmware than the 3.69 (released 11 september) then you can hack it

You can then use a USB drive rather than the expencive Sony memory cards

Apparently a hack for 3.69 will be released sometime in the near future (most likely when Sony update the firmware next)

There is a PSTV whitelist hack you can then apply to allow you to play Wipeout (and other games not compatible with the PSTV) on the PSTV

I haven't done this myself but you can info/guides on gbatemp dot net

zodaex likes this.