Good price?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Findad, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Findad

Findad Member

Hi all - looking to buy a second vita - for myself this time! Been offered one for £75 - OLED original model comes with minecraft - which my son wants anyway and COD - which I will sell anyway (hopefully for about £10) so is £65 with minecraft a good deal?

2. Kyle

Kyle Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Yeah, it's hard to find Vitas these days - and when you do they're often close to full retail (£120+). I see those warehouse places sell second hand Vita's for like £85 or £95 though, so your deal is even beating their usual listing - and I'd say jump on it.

Kenza likes this.
  3. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Jup, if the vita is working like it should and there are no terrible scratches, no faulty battery or anything else major its indeed a very good offer. Just remember you will need a additional memory card too, the original oled vitas had no 1gb build in storage like the slims have.:)

Kenza likes this.
  4. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I picked up an OLED vita for £70 with FIFA and 16gb memory card about a year ago, in perfect condition.

So £65 with Minecraft is about right. Second hand prices are holding their own.

Like Stigg said factor in a memory card.

Kenza likes this.
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Great price! Here everything is selling for retail price still with no drops (like they'd rather not sell than sell with discount), and second hand prices approach store prices...

6. hovercroft

hovercroft New Member

I just got a ps vita slim with lego batman 3 and 8gb card in overall great condition minus a few scratches on the back. for £75. Its a real shame that there is no new stock for vitas anymore. I think the last time I got one brand new was last august, does anywhere stock new anymore?

7. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

There's no new stock coming up but I know a brand new OLED in a local store if anyone's interested.

It is about €125,- if I recall correctly.

8. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Can't seem to get new Vita's from storefronts in the UK anymore, however you can purchase new one's online via Amazon or Ebay - the main difference is it will be a japanese or asian Vita which works perfectly fine in the UK (some even include UK plug).

The only exception is that the X and O buttons work opposite to Europe, X is cancel instead of proceed and O is proceed instead of cancel.

I bought a white Japanese vita off Ebay in December, it was shipped to me from Ireland so only took a few days.

See below link to one off the same seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Play...570940?hash=item25ca76c3bc:g:gpkAAOSwA3dYRp77

9. hovercroft

hovercroft New Member

I've just managed to get a PS vita slim lego action pack brand new and sealed. UK version for £180 sold by argos. It was pure luck coming across it and it was the last one.

10. Findad

Findad Member

So I've got this second hand vita great condition . Updated system. Should I reset everything? Wilol that wipe off two games that have been downloaded onto system??

11. hovercroft

hovercroft New Member

A factory reset will remove those games yes, but if you plan on using your own PSN ID I assume you won't be able to play those games if they are tied to a different account.

12. Findad

Findad Member

Thanks all sorted