Got a used PS Vita, Some questions

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by DigablePlanet90, Apr 22, 2017.

1. DigablePlanet90

DigablePlanet90 New Member

Hey all,

Forgive me if this has been covered before but I recently purchased a PS Vita used online from someone. Long story short, the main reason I bought this specific one because he had a good number of games on the PS Vita's memory card as he has had it for a number of years.

I have had the vita for about 2 weeks and am loving all the indie games I have already on the system. The main issue involves going online. The original user's PSN login is still attached to the PS vita. He did not remove it properly he just changed the password so auto-login would not work.

I have read a bit into the process of getting someone's login info off of a Vita and it I know its a semi complicated process.

When I remove the memory card, obviously all of the downloaded games do not appear on the vita, so if I were to purchase a new memory card and use that to completely wipe the vita so I can attach my PSN info, will all of the previously downloaded games on his memory card still work when I plugged it in?

The main reason I ask is while these games are real fun, I can't take any of them online and I can't access the PSN store to buy some new games that I have been dying to try on the Vita.

Sorry of that was long winded, I'm just nervous about trying to wipe the Vita and losing all of the games it came with as I am not done playing most of them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

The games are associated with the original users PSN account, if you try to login as yourself you will not be able to access the games anymore and the vita will prompt you to format the memory card

3VOLVE likes this.
  3. samad

samad New Member

i have wasted my money on this silly ps vita i have got a voucher i have put right code than they tell me an error has occured i am getting stress of my wasted money i am complaining to high court for sony company they r a big fraud very dissappointed:(

i need help for this error code NP-8154-8

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  4. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

Vita_Girl likes this.