Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dunpeal2064, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Hey there!

Finally picked up a Vita (again), and thought I'd join here to share some love for the system, so here I am. :D

Looking forward to diving into the library. Primarily interested in shooters ("shmups"), rhythm games, action games, jrpgs, and the more... eccentric games.

Unfortunate that I waited so long to get in, as it looks like the stuff I am interested in costs an arm and a leg now, but hopefully before long I'll have a few nice titles to put some time into.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Simmi and Mr Tornado like this.
  2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Howdy! If you're not too interested in Limited Editions, then normal physical releases aren't too expensive really - you just gotta shop around. Unless you're refering to Soldner-X of course, in which case you can pre-order a physical release at play-asia for normal money! There's quite a few online places to check out before hitting ebay.

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  3. dunpeal2064

Oh, I wasn't aware it was getting a normal physical release, I thought it was only a LGR release. That is some good news!

Yeah, sadly I am a bit of a sucker for the extra swag that comes with the LE releases. If they are too pricey though, I am okay picking up a normal copy. The first game that caught my eye, since I love Gust, was Ar Nosurge Plus, but that appears to be expensive no matter what. >.<

4. Kyle

Kyle Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Hey dunpeal, welcome to the forum. :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Ahh, well, yeah no escaping some unfortunately!

6. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Lounge. :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  7. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

Welcome To The " Lounge " !!!!

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  8. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Welcome to the Vita Lounge! Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  9. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Welcome! :D so what vita did you get? 1000 or 200? tell us more :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  10. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Welcome to the forum.

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  11. dunpeal2064

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

I had to go for the 1000. It was what I originally had, and I fell head over heals for the screen. Probably the most gorgeous screen I have seen.

I ended up picking the system up again because I just missed DJ Max. I love rhythm games like Beatmania and such, and DJ Max is just glorious. Basically bought it back just to have that, and then figured I should start digging more into the library, and found some sweet stuff that I wasn't aware even existed!

I just put in an order for my first physical Vita games last night, Trails of Cold Steel and Criminal Girls 2 (I am a sucker for LEs that include soundtrack/artbook, so slippery slope incoming!)

Simmi likes this.
  12. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Nice! I need to get some rhythms games! Which ones would you recommend?? :D

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  13. dunpeal2064

Well, DJ Max would be my #1 recommendation for sure! The gameplay is very tight, and actually makes use of the hardware, since you are using the touch screen (Often multiple fingers at once), and the back touch pad to hit notes. (Example: Hitting the back pad to the drum beat while playing the lead on the front screen). It sounds complicated, but it comes together rather elegantly imo. Pretty decent amount of songs, with a great variety. Its a Korean game, so a healthy dose of K-Pop, but you also get some sweet electronic stuff, classical stuff, and some really heavy tracks. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that Hatsune Miku does, as far as things to do outside the rhythm game itself, but what it does it does very well.

I still like Hatsune Miku though. The rhythm game itself is much more bare bones, revolving around button presses in timing. And, while the musical styles are varied, they are all Vocaloid tracks, so its kinda a love/hate thing. Lots of other little things to do like unlocking costumes, decorating houses, etc. As a diehard rhythm fan, the core game here leaves a bit to be desired, but I still had a good time with them. If I had to recommend one, I think Project Diva F 2nd would be the one I would pick for the best song selection imo, but Project Diva X (While lacking a bit in the track selection) has a story mode that is kinda fun, and very much fleshes out the added things the series does.

As far as the Vita goes, one of those two would be the best jumping off point I think. :)

14. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I have Project Diva F but honestly I'm not a big fan of vocaloids, don't really like the songs which is why I don't play the game... DJ Max sounds great though! I hope I can kind it somewhere for a reasonable price!! Thank you! :D