Guacamelee! 2 !!!!!! Should be released for VITA?!!!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by italodance, Aug 20, 2018.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

I just saw Guacamelee! 2 has listed for releasing games of this week and unfortunately not gonna be released for VITA!
    WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? Let's cut the shit and take a look back to few years ago about this company and PS VITA and you judge it yourself.

[​IMG]

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ew-post-launch-support-vita-strengths-and-vr/

PSLS: In one word, describe the PlayStation Vita audience.

Chris McQuinn: Hardcore.

PSLS: What are the Vita’s greatest strengths from a developer’s perspective?

Chris: The combination of dual thumbsticks, d-pad, and face buttons on a handheld is really nice since you have so many options to work with. In addition, the device is powerful enough that we rarely have much in the way of performance problems – then again we’re not making complicated 3D scenes – but still.

PSLS: At any point did you regret developing exclusively for Vita, and was there ever a moment you just thought of moving on to the next thing?

Chris: No, not for the Vita specifically. As a developer there are moments where you get a little lost in the trees, and say to yourself “Oh no, this idea is terrible, what have I done”, but then over time the game starts to come together.

NOW Read this if you remembered:

PS Vita doesn't deserve bad reputation - Drinkbox

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-04-14-ps-vita-doesnt-deserve-bad-reputation-drinxbox

"Honestly, Vita owners are the ****ing best," McQuinn said. "People rag on the Vita so much, and I think people who rag on the Vita don't understand, at least from a business perspective, the purchasing power of Vita owners. Vita owners are serious purchasers of games. It's an amazing system."

Sales of first part:

Top 10 PS Vita Games

• Guacamelee!
      • Soul Sacrifice
      • Dragon Fantasy Book I PS Vita
      • Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
      • Urban Trial Freestyle
      • Machinarium
      • Thomas Was Alone
      • Nun Attack
      • Mortal Kombat PS Vita
      • Persona 4 Golden
    https://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/12/guacamelee-tops-psn-sales-numbers-for-april/

And many similar articles you can find on the net.

As you see, All lies Lies and keep saying lies, But I regret, Regret to pay to this stupid company for all the games I have bought from them, The games which were released for Vita by this stupid company.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

That's maybe just a little vengeful?

They may love the system, but it's all about whether it's commercially viable. I'd rather be happy that they've supported the Vita for this long than be angry they stopped. What'd you expect?

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

No Not at all, Don't get me wrong about this, OK! I'm bad, A monster You/They good. Please think about this, All the interviews and good talk about Vita they have spoken by far.

I just don't accept this that we are losing all VITA exclusive titles one by one, Specially the ones which were good on sales and popularity.

I'm upset as an VITA HARDCORE/LOYAL fan who own only Vita and don't own any other consoles such as PS4.

I'm totally disappointed and mad with Sony, too. because of destroying Vita all these times.

You should not point your question to me. in fact, we are at the same side. Those who abandoned Vita are located in our opposite side. I'm still buying games from PSN no matter what will be the cost. 10 or 50 bucks.

I'm still supporting Vita by my purchases from understanding companies releasing games for us.

But I can't believe a company like "DrinkBox" whose owns Vita much, Consequently, They prefer to leave us.
    TheAtom maybe they are right and think there is no one left to buy and support Vita and its games?!! Maybe you want to throw me away as one of the last buyers. Man your decision and opinion about my mind is up to you.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think it's more than fair to be reasonable. We all love and support the system and I think it's good to treasure the new releases we still get, but it's ridiculous to get angry at companies for choosing different platforms. Those sales data you refer to are from 2013. That's 5 years ago, one year after the release of the vita, when a positive attitude made things still seem promising. I wonder about recent sales numbers for western releases on the Vita. If it seemed commercially viable, they would have done it.

The few Vita supporters left are very enthusiastic, and in a few interviews on Vita Island Views it seems a few developers do acknowledge it, and that they love the platform. This doesn't mean that the Vita's where the money is (which is actually further exemplified by the Infinite States Games interview on Rogue Aces. They liked how positive, understanding and enthusiastic the Vita crowd was, but they didn't have a lot of sales on the Vita). Can you really expect commercial businesses to ignore cost/benefit analyses? I'd say no. I mean, what is there not to accept? That companies move away from an awesome platform that never sold as much as it should have? I mean, what you do personally with the facts is up to you of course, but I just don't see the need to get all riled up and angry over it.

DankZaku and zodaex like this.