Guys a little help please. :(

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by DragsteR119, Dec 30, 2016.

1. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Hi
    This is about my ps vita that i got for my birthday.The problem is that I get the blue constant light on my ps vita and I couldn't even turn it on or off so i waited for the battery to die and now my vita is just laying dead and refuses to charge and there is no sign of the blue light either,I think this is because the battery is dead how can I charge it back up?If i plug it in i do not get the orange charging light.I already tried charging it for 3 hrs and still the same way please someone help me

2. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

3. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Hey thanks for replying Miah but I cannot do any one of those steps because my battery is completely drained and it is refusing to charge.I cannot get into debug mode.
    Thanks for helping me out if you have any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.

4. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

How are you charging it? Is it a slim or original Vita? If you are charging by connecting it to a PC USB maybe try charging it with the wall outlet.

If it is a new Vita it should be under warranty so you could contact Sony or if it is really new as in 30 days since you bought it, try taking it back to the store.

5. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Its the original and not the slim.I charge it with a USB cable attached to a adapter to the wall outlet idk what has happened :( and it is not 30 days old or anything it is almost 1 year xD
    Thanks anyway TriOpticon

6. TriOpticon

Well, they do sell a protection plan if you login to the store on your VITA. It is $40. I'd see if Sony customer support would help you out if nothing you find via Google works. If they can't help, $40 may be worth it to have it protected 3 years from your purchase date.

7. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

this has happen to me a lot of times.. " why I dont know " but I just do a hard restart and all is good after words . here a vid that show you how to do a hard restart , Good Luck With You Vita

8. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Thanks coach but i do not get the blue light anymore its just my battery does not have any juice left to at least turn the blue light on and it refuses to charge even a little bit idk what to do pls help
    Thanks

9. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Is the charging adapter original/made for vita or just some generic usb adapter you picked up somewhere? Has it definitely worked for charging in the recent past before your issue occurred?

10. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Yea Miah It is the original AC adapter that came with the ps vita when i bought it.It has worked perfectly fine in the past.I think there is nothing wrong with the adapter or the usb cable.I was just wondering if I disconnect the battery from the ps vita and plug it in back will that fix the problem or would it make the problem worse?
    Thanks Miah

11. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990

Well...if your vita is dead then I guess it's not possible to make the problem worse? Looks like replacement vita batteries start around $8 U.S. shipped on Ebay & some come with a basic tool kit for installation, I'd probably just pick 1 up if I was going to split the case since they're that cheap. Other than trying charging again for longer than 3 hr there doesn't seem to be much else you can do. If the battery has over-discharged & won't come back to life, it's pretty final.

12. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Hey Miah thanks for your help I really appreciate it. But yesterday my vita showed some presence of life when i connect it to the pc. It would show a blue light only 1 time out of 20 times removing the USB cable and plugging it in again so overall i klnow that the battery is not dead but there is some mysterious story behind it xD
    Thanks

13. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

sounds like you need a new charger cable

14. DragsteR119

DragsteR119 New Member

Yea guys today I took my vita to a playstation shop which i had done before also for the (Orange light Charging prob xD)
    The guy tried a new ps vita cable and charger it doesn't seem to work he said he would open and check it out whats wrong internally
    Thanks lesdennis

15. TriOpticon

Let us know what the result is.

16. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Good luck and let us know. Could be a crummy battery if it was discharged and not charged up for a long time prior to your picking it up.