Hai!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ryan5091, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Ello everyone!

I'm a fairly new Vita owner (since July 2014) and decided i would join the community.

The Vita is quite the upgrade for me as i am coming from a psp-1001 that i got way back in 2006 that finally died, and im loving it so far!

Currently the only games i have is Killzone and Black ops, but i aim to be increasing my collection soon.

I'm also hoping to add some friends. I only got one, which is the seller i bought the vita from. So if there is some friend request thread or something i would a link. But in the meantime, my PSN is ryan50911.

Kurisutina likes this.
  2. Yaster

Yaster Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan, how's it going?

Hey, if you dig Killzone and Black ops, you should check out Unit 13. I'd say it's the best shooter outside of Killzone on Vita.

3. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Well, just finished Killzone. So going pretty well.

And Unit 13, I've sorta looked into it. I'll probably take a look at it again in the morning. it's 2 am and im too tired to do anything at the moment.

4. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Hello and welcome :) A late Vita adopter is still a Vita adopter. Plenty of time to see the great games available to the system.

What other genres do you like? With shooters, there isn't a whole lot available to you. If you like the style of Black Ops Declassified, you can look into Resistance Burning Skies. Same developer, though it's easier, difficulty-wise. And there's also Borderlands 2. Has some glitches and technical problems, but still good stuff.

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

5. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Thanks!

One of the reasons i bought the Vita was so that i could try out the psp game corpse party. I've always liked those kind of games, play a ton of them on my computer. I however can't remember what genre it is... RPG? Pretty sure its RPG.

Now Borderlands 2, I've looked into it a lot, as i have the PC version of it. Once i get the money i might buy it, And whats a game without its glitches and problems? ;)

I've also become interested in the Game adaptation of Sword Art Online. I love the anime, and the game doesn't look bad.

And i guess i lied a bit up in my first post about the games i have. The PS Vita games i have is killzone and Black Ops, but i have a library of PSP games still Those being Corpse Party and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories/Vice City Stories. Only 3 out of my whole library tho, as i only have a 8 GB memory card, which i will need to buy the 32 GB or possibly import the 64 GB one from japan.

6. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Hello Ryan, welcome to The Vita Lounge Forums! You requested a thread for PSN IDs? Then here you go! Also if you'd like to share your ID, you can edit it into your profile too. You'll see the rest of us when we post it's right in our mini profile to the left. Corpse Party falls in the line of Adventure/Visual Novel since you asked. RPGs are plenty, though Vita specializes in the Action variant, which is also called Co-Op Action or Hunting Action. If you're interested in Corpse Party, I'll suggest my two fav games of similar genre to you. Zero Escape Vol 2: Virtue's Last Reward and Danganronpa 1 and 2. Soon you'll never be able to put your Vita down xD There's also a sequel for Corpse Party, so that's two of them to get, with a Vita exclusive Corpse Party also on the way. Just a little heads up, from me to you.

7. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Oh yea, Danganronpa! I've always wanted to start the anime.. I would want to check out the games too. And yea, corpse party: blood drive. But XSEED has said "we'll do what we can to localize the game" and I'm like. Your breaking me XSEED. Breaking me. XD

And thanks for the link, my friends list is really empty. Hell, I might just add you first. Get a start to things

8. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Hey Ryan, welcome to the forum!

Sword Art Online is a great choice for a 3rd Vita title, and I'm sure you'll end up losing hours and hours to it like I have :p

9. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Welcome!

I suggest Tearaway or Gravity rush which is dirt cheap in the Black Friday sale!
    Friends list thread hereeee.

10. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Thanks! Hopefully I can populate my friends list once I get home. Very limited on the playstation app on my phone right now. Also, feeling really welcomed into the community right now ^-^. And thanks for the game suggestions! I wasn't even aware that there was a Black Friday sale, and if things go planned I may get paid today. Meaning I could get some games.

11. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community, my recommendations are Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2!

12. Ryan5091

Ryan5091 New Member

Thanks nonscpo! I'm gonna check out those games after the holidays, getting paid, meaning I could upgrade from my 8gb memory stick and buy some games, starting with Danganronpa.

13. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

Better late that never, welcome!