Official Topic Helldivers

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Techup, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

It seems there's an update for "various bug fixes".

I'm installing it now. Will see if it fixes me issue with it showing me having 0 influence/planets/time.

Welp. If it fixed something, I don't know what it was :S Didn't solve my only noticeable issue.

2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Okay.. if you can avoid updating... I would recommend not updating. Just went to try to play an online match and it shows 0 public matches. Seems the bug fixes created a far more serious bug than it apparently fixed.

Edit - Seems the MP has been fixed.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  3. agentyork

agentyork Active Member

that double posting, ban this man!

4. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Pfft please. They love me round these parts. I usually merge my double posts after a few hours tbh, but since you pointed this one out... I'M GONNA LEAVE IT!

Also, on the topic of Helldivers.... I finally got the "Complete a level 7 mission or higher without taking any damage from a cyborg" and "complete without setting off alarms".

Both in one go. Whoop whoop.

Also, about the people I've seen complain about FPS issues. Yeah, it does drop in FPS some. But I've been in quite a few 4 man missions now and have yet to have it be unplayable. And this is with people attacking shit like they're farm mode trying to wrack up those 100,000k kills.

Kevorn21 likes this.
  5. benna

benna Well-Known Member

I have a problem with Helldivers.... my squad members only live less than 2 years and then they die! WTF... also who is this mousegirl Kouchin!?

6. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

2 years for a Helldiver? He must be working behind a desk.

Average life expectancy of a Helldiver is less than 2 weeks.

agentyork likes this.
  7. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I just found that playing Helldivers solo turns it into a pretty fun stealth game lol.

I got the shotgun, the sattelite, the jumping pack and auto-injection. I have played through level 5 solo but it took a good while and I did not success all the time lol.

And I haven't been able to update my Helldivers to 1.02.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  8. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I've actually soloed an entire level 10 planet. It's how I got the "complete lvl 10 mission without dying" and "complete all missions on a level 10 planet". The 3rd mission on the planet took me 3 or 4 tries because I had to run around without my Humblebee UAV and there were 2 hidden objectives that I kept forgetting where they were, so I kept running into hordes of heavy armored enemies and tanks lol.

The decoy beacon though... So fucking ridiculously good.

My loadout is pretty much always this.
    -Ammo Stratagem
    -Distractor Beacon
    Then I'll supplement my last 2 stratagems with what we need, so usually 2 of these.
    -Railcannon Strike (one shots tanks. I've yet to see it fail)
    -Recoiless Rifle
    -Humblebee UAV Drone (depends on if we need to find an objective and if no one else takes it)
    -Exosuit (mech) This I rarely use. I'm just not too fond of running around in a giant mech that mows down everything.
    -Shield Generator Pack (I generally try to only use this in lower level missions or when I'm being selfish).

My Weapons are either
    AR-20L 'Justice'
    SG-225 'Breaker'

Breaker does work but the Justice is fun to use.

My perk is always Stratagem Priority. I just don't change it.

9. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to unlock the decoy yet but I figure it would be good. I have been reinstalling the game all over to see if I can get it to 1.02 but it's no good. Playing offline is intense but playing online is great fun. I guess I will try to unlock a those thing and do a lv10 run to get the trophy then. But I'm not really skilled so I don't expect it anytime soon lol.

10. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

You're having a hard time getting the game to update?

11. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

It doesn't show up at all.

12. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Hmm. You checked to make sure you aren't already on 1.02? Really weird it isn't showing up.

13. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I thought it was weird too. But when I check (using the icon), it says verson 1.01. however, this does not affect anything at all. Stability maybe.

14. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's weird. Not sure what's up with that. Wish I could offer some sort of suggestion to help you out. :/

15. radmiralackbar

radmiralackbar Active Member

Im glad I purchased this game, having a blast with it. Playing over the weekend I had no issues with framerate what so ever, runs perfectly. The only issue I had was not being able to connect to multiplayer for about an hour yesterday after updating, but it has fixed itself.

Other than that its great, the best part is getting crushed by pods haha. I managed to get up to level 5 solo and 6 in multiplayer the next lot must be ridiculously hard.

Is the level cap at 25 as that's one of the trophies?

VietLe and benna like this.
  16. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Yes, the level cap is at 25. There are times when everything works flawlessly but there are times when it's unplayable online. But I guess since I'm behind a University firewall, it should be like that (NAT 3)

17. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I hope they do something about the MP. I swear 4/5 times I try to join a random room, it "fails to boot" or w/e it says. Then half the time I finally get into a room, I either get "Host is migrating" or a bunch of AFKs just chilling in the spaceship.

Also... where the hell are the options to not show full rooms?! FFS man... I don't need to see rooms with 4/4 people in them that I can't join... Also "Hide medium difficulty missions" doesn't work, since I still see level 4 missions (medium)... Lol.

18. radmiralackbar

I have more issues actually connecting to muliplayer, doesn't seem to like to connect when I am not at full strength wifi, easy fix though. I only get 'fail to boot' occasionally, to me it seems when a ship is sitting stagnant for a while it just won't connect. 100% drop out when host migrates.

I am pretty sure it's in the filter options, also had the same problem with medium filter but I had medium difficulty missions showing when searching easy as well?

19. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

So.... is anyone else not seeing the alerts?

There's a defense or w/e going on right now in the Illuminate region, but it doesn't let me access it.... I have to go to multiplayer and have the host select it, otherwise I can't.

The alert pops up for an instant, then disappears and I can't see the planet that is being defended.

20. radmiralackbar

The more I play the better it gets, playing with a good crew and coordinating your loadout really helps.

Ever since the newest update 1.03? I have been getting kicked/losing connection right after the mission finishes going into the stats screen, I still get all the xp and kills but no samples. Has this happened to any one else? I dont think it's my connection as it never happened before this update, although I could be wrong.

21. JaraBrother

JaraBrother Member

For what I have read on reddit, I think there have been problems with the servers during this weekend.

22. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

True. Over the weekend I had experienced several issues as well, mostly 'host is migrating' and 'cannot establish a connection between ships'. The game is working really well now.

And I have heard of some DLCs coming out this week. So exciting.

Techup likes this.
  23. radmiralackbar

I just looked up the DLC. Not sure where I sit with it, yes it is great to have more guns, stratagems and outfits but these should have been released with the game. The grouped pricing is good value but I can't say it will be here in Australia, after paying $30 for the game the DLC will of course be marked up o_O If they do a DLC for a new gametype count me in.

24. Oxygen1777

Oxygen1777 Member

PSN ID:
    Oxygen1777
    Which dlc s we should buy for Helldivers?

25. JaraBrother

JaraBrother Member

The all-in-one-bundle hands down... but, right now i strongly recommend you to spend those 6 bucks on the flash sale hahaha( a bunch of games at 1 dollar each)