Hello Vita fans!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Quikhax, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

Hi everyone!

I am waiting for my first PS Vita to arrive at my door any minute now! I am very excited since I've decided that the Vita is the next console I was going to get (with PS4 being next).

I used to have the PSP 1000 back in a day and I loved it and hated it for different reasons like lack of a second analog stick to play games properly.

To be honest I discovered how awesome a Vita console is completely by accident. A friend of mine said he was getting one so out of curiosity I started searching why would someone invest in a "dead console" (at least according to a lot of gaming sites I look at) and I was surprised that due to complete lack of proper advertisement and support by PS I never knew that 1) the console is alive and well and has an amazing library of games and 2) that it is possibly the best handheld console EVER!

I've played handheld consoles since original Game & Watch (and their ripoff Russian counterparts), GameBoy, Game Gear, GameBoy Advance, PSP, DS and 3DS and I will reluctantly purchase the Switch since my wife needs her Zelda fix ;)

Anyway, cool to be part of the Vita owners community :) and to be here at The Vita Lounge.

2. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

Well Welcome To The " Lounge " !!!!

Quikhax likes this.
  3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Welcome to our Vita family! :)

Quikhax likes this.
  4. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

Thanks! Good to be here! ^_^ Thing is super fun so far except that I can't get it to connect to my PC via USB cable no matter what I try (fortunately content manager works via wifi)!

5. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Welcome. So did you get any games with it? Are you going digital/physical/mix on future games?

Quikhax likes this.
  6. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

Quikhax likes this.
  7. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

I got Persona 4 Golden physical. Borderlands 2 was digital.
    I think I will go physical for most titles.

One of the games I was looking forward to getting was Day of the Tentacle so I was really excited to see it offered with Plus!

8. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Welcome!

Good call on getting Persona 4 Golden. Would this be your first time playing the game, or did you play it on the ps2? If you've never played it before, you are in for one hell of a treat!

Any other games that stand out that you want to hunt down next for the system?

9. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

I never played a Persona game. It has been years and years since I've played a JRPG period. I remember playing Chrono Trigger last on the DS.

I chose it because it looked like I would get to run around a modern Japanese town for a bit and I am a sucker for that! I was a HUGE Shenmue fan during Dreamcast era and Shenmue 2 on Xbox and I feel like Persona will satisfy that craving for me! I played a bit last night and I got through my first day of high school.